Thread: Install path

Install path

Every time when there is a new version it asks for the installation path. Every time I need to change the Drive letter to D\: instead of the default C:\. Not a big deal of course but isn't there a way to let the application look for the currently installed location and install it there by default?

No idea on this question?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    it's been raised a few times and, thanks to InstallShield and its catastrophic shitness, it's unreasonably hard to do, sorry fella

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    it's been raised a few times and, thanks to InstallShield and its catastrophic shitness, it's unreasonably hard to do, sorry fella
    Ah ok.. Well no problem. I'll keep change that driver letter manually. Thanks for the feedback mr_belowski .

Looks like you’ve managed it mr_belowski. Yesterday I updated to the latest version and it choose the D drive by default.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    That's all Morten's work - he completely reworked the installer with a different technology. Glad to hear it works

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    That's all Morten's work - he completely reworked the installer with a different technology. Glad to hear it works
    Yeah cool thanks for the effort. It was not a big deal but nice to see the new installer works. Drink a beer on my account. Bottoms up.