Thread: Major issues with Automobilista and Crew Chief

Major issues with Automobilista and Crew Chief

Hello,

I registered here to share my experiences/problems with Crew Chief and hopefully get some help, or have someone adress the issue.

I use this App with Automobilista. I love the idea behind it, I marvel at all the work that's been done.

However, I have major issues.
    It seems like CC can't distinguish between different makes of cars and different classes in AMS. Everytime I do a multi-make race (not multi class, just makes, like GT3 or DTM), it seems to think that the cars that are of the same make as mine are one class and all the others are either in faster or slower classes. I constantly get messages like "the guy behind/ahead is in a slower/faster class, you're racing for position, won't get a blue flag", or that I'm leading when I've only passed the final car of my make. Just now I also did (or started and didn't finish, because I was to annoyed with the wrong messages) a race where I started 19, went 12th after 2 corners and was told I had made a "shocking start".

I constantly get wrong positions or information. This happens on every track, with every multi-make mod I've tried. It's really annoying and it breaks the immersion.

I always let CC update everything, but it never stops.

Like I said, I love the idea, but I'm contemplating uninstalling this App, as it just doesn't work properly for me.

Am I alone with these issues? Are they fixable?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    As you've probably gathered, none of the development team play AMS so testing gets rather left behind.

There might be something wrong with the way Crew Chief interprets AMS's car class data, or it may simply be that the class mappings Crew Chief has are incomplete or outdated. I suspect the latter. AMS sends a "vehicle name" field, so in order for the app to correctly group cars into a single class, it needs to know what these vehicle names are, and what classes they correspond to. As an example, when you first enter a session the app will log the car names to the console, like this:

Code:
    17:53:47.671 : EventIndex: 10
    17:53:47.671 : SessionType: Race
    17:53:47.671 : SessionPhase: Formation
    17:53:47.671 : SessionIteration: 0
    17:53:47.671 : HasMandatoryPitStop: False
    17:53:47.671 : PitWindowStart: 0
    17:53:47.671 : PitWindowEnd: 0
    17:53:47.671 : NumCarsAtStartOfSession: 19
    17:53:47.671 : SessionNumberOfLaps: 0
    17:53:47.671 : SessionRunTime: 3630
    17:53:47.671 : SessionStartTime: 04/25/2019 16:53:47
    17:53:47.671 : Player is using car class: "Opala86" at position: 5
    17:53:47.671 : Multi-Class event:
    17:53:47.671 :     "Opala86" (unmapped)
    17:53:47.671 :     "Opala" (unmapped)
    In this example the app doesn't know that Opala and Opala86 are the same class, so it treats the race as a multiclass event. It's the same for GT3 or whatever. If you could repeat this process and send me the vehicle names that are in a single class, I can add them to the app's data for the next release.

In the mean time you can force the app to assume all cars are in a single class with the "Force single car class" option in the Properties screen.

The issue with the app grumbling about your start sounds like a bug - it sounds like the app thinks you started in a much better position to your actual start position. Was this a standing start or a rolling start?

[edit]

actually I think i just found and fixed that start position issue - the app is getting inaccurate position data when the lights go green so I'm allowing the app to update the starting position 0.1 seconds after the green light which appears to have fixed it. Will be in the next release

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    So did these changes fix your issues?