Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crewchief Causing Major Lag

I was doing a few practice laps prior to a league race and I noticed that as I was switching black boxes (with keys, not CC) the stutter was quite noticeable. Not every time, but if I waited a few seconds and pressed for any Black Box, chances were good I would get a hiccup. I ran the league race without CC and intentionally switched Black Boxes more frequently and did not see the issue .

Mainly at the start of a session (and during) CC will switch from my headphones to the monitor speakers.. When it does this it stutters and if the stutter is large enough it sometimes locks up my wheel.. The switching of the speakers I have noticed this in iR, AMS2, RRE, ACC.. My headphones are set to the default device in windows.. I looked in the log and nothing was unusual..

Any clues as to what I can do to fix this issue..?

Is there no fix for this behavior..? I just ran a iRacing session and it swapped to my monitor speakers briefly and locked up my system..

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    it's not CC doing this. Something is broken in your audio drivers but I have no idea what it could be

Thanks for the reply.. Could it be Equalizer APO or Peace EQ..?

I just hit the wall in iR and it locked my wheel and almost ripped my hands off..

I can see this in the log..

15:40:03.976 : Disconnected from iRacing Shared Memory
    15:40:03.989 : Spotter thread terminated.

to honest i have no idea, you'll have to test one thing at a time to eliminate the possibilities.

USB sound devices can have some pretty weird issues - maybe start there?

Rightio will do.. I'm doing a full PC rebuild next week so hopefully the new audio chip will work better because it's a great audition to sim racing so I hope I can run it..
    Last edited by Coanda; 10-09-2020 at 17:24.

I have the same problem here with Raceroom instead of iRacing.
    Seems like CrewChief takes ages and the log is telling me that he has an error with a function in the code.

As a short excerpt from the log:
    18:55:59.372 : Using unmapped driver last name muñoa for raw driver name pablo muñoa
    18:56:04.886 : Clip DELAYED_Timings/gap_behind is not valid
    18:56:04.894 : Queue is too long to play clip COMPOUND_sectorDeltas max permitted items for this message = 3 queue: DELAYED_Timings/gap_behind, race_time/ten_minutes_left, pearls_of_wisdom/neutral, COMPOUND_sectorDeltas, COMPOUND_retirement
    18:56:04.895 : PlaybackModerator: Opening radio channel as Chief
    18:56:09.405 : Playing sounds, events: race_time/ten_minutes_left, pearls_of_wisdom/neutral, COMPOUND_retirement
    18:56:09.405 : We've been interrupted after playing 0 events
    18:56:09.405 : Clip COMPOUND_localFlagChange_yellow has expired after being queued for 3864 milliseconds
    18:56:09.416 : Playing sounds, events: race_time/ten_minutes_left, pearls_of_wisdom/neutral, COMPOUND_retirement
    18:56:09.416 : (race_time/ten_minutes_left)
    18:56:12.640 : Removing immediate clip spotter_Lee/car_left
    18:56:13.330 : Overtake considered not clean due to yellow flag.
    18:56:14.374 : Removing immediate clip spotter_Lee/clear_left
    18:56:14.543 : PlaybackModerator: Blocking queued messasge C:\Users\Pascal\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\v oice\race_time\ten_minutes_left\1_op_prefix_ok.wav because at least 1 SPOTTER message is waiting
    18:56:14.549 : PlaybackModerator: Messages triggering block logic: spotter_Lee/car_right(SPOTTER)
    18:56:14.549 : We've been interrupted after playing 1 events
    18:56:14.549 : Playing sounds, events: spotter_Lee/car_right
    18:56:14.549 : (spotter_Lee/car_right)
    18:56:14.549 : PlaybackModerator: Injecting: end_bleep and alternate_short_start_bleep messages. Spotter interrupted Chief.
    18:56:16.046 : Use per minute = 1.0 estimated minutes to go (including final lap) = 10.5 current fuel = 11.8 additional fuel needed = -1.8
    18:56:16.481 : Removing immediate clip spotter_Lee/car_right
    18:56:20.587 : PlaybackModerator: Closing radio channel as Spotter
    18:56:28.287 : There are 2 more events in the queue, playing them...
    18:56:28.287 : Clip COMPOUND_localFlagChange_clear has expired after being queued for 12217 milliseconds
    18:56:28.287 : Playing sounds, events: spotter_Lee/clear_right
    18:56:28.287 : (spotter_Lee/clear_right)
    18:56:29.971 : 09/10/2020 18:56:29|Fatal|<>c__DisplayClass48_0.<ReadBytesAsy nc>b__0|System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream'.
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncRes ult asyncResult)
    at WebSocketSharp.Ext.<>c__DisplayClass48_0.<ReadByte sAsync>b__0(IAsyncResult ar)
    18:56:30.004 : 09/10/2020 18:56:30|Fatal|<>c__DisplayClass48_0.<ReadBytesAsy nc>b__0|System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream'.
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncRes ult asyncResult)
    at WebSocketSharp.Ext.<>c__DisplayClass48_0.<ReadByte sAsync>b__0(IAsyncResult ar)

This Fatal is occuring about every minute, and is it looks the queue has problems to get done in time. I already have broken down the crewchief info to just to spotter after this log happened and even then it's the same.

During the race there are minor lags all the time and usally 2 major lags while driving
    1st during start
    2nd sometimes during the race

Error is only happing since i downloaded the latest sound pack, i've already gone back to an older version of crew chief but it's still the same. Default settings also didn't help

I also have issues RRE, AMS2, ACC...

CC doesn't explicitly use any of the System.Net.Sockets library *except* for ACC, pCars2 and F1 2019/2020 UDP data reading. As you're playing RaceRoom (and iRacing in Coanda's case) any errors associated with this package will be generated inside one of the libraries CC is using - in this case it's the audio playback.

There are 3 possible audio playback routes in CC. By default it uses the built-in .Net sound player which sends it sounds to the default 'Sounds Playback' device in the Windows sounds control panel. If you set the app to use nAudio for playback it will (by default) use a WaveOut device and you can select the sound device to send the sounds to in the main CC UI. CC also supports WASAPI sound playback when running in nAudio mode - there's a dropdown called "nAudio Output Interface Type" in the properties screen where this can be selected.

As the exception isn't in the CC code, it's likely that it's coming from the Windows audio stack - perhaps one of the 3 audio playback approaches will be more stable, I don't know. Typical culprits are USB sound devices repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting, software sound routing applications, and the latest Windows build (2004) behaving oddly.

In all cases there's not much I can do about it other than to suggest you experiment with the different CC audio playback modes and investigate any possible hardware, software, USB or other issues on your system.

I've not heard of corrupted sound files having this kind of effect but it's not beyond the realms of possibility. You can remove or rename the folder C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\ and allow the app to re-download it all again on the next start up, it might be worth a try. All the sounds in my spotter_Lee/clear_right/ folder are fine and there has been no change there for a long time so it's unlikely to be that particular sound set

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast