Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Crewchief Causing Major Lag

I just upgraded to this:- i9 10850k | ASUS Maximus XII Formula Z490 | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3800 CL14.

There is still lockups and crashes in iR.. It spits and farts a little in ACC however it powers through it..

I will ask the question again. Can Equalizer APO be causing any issue here..?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    it's a possibility. Most users have no issues with CC. I certainly don't and my system spec is much lower - there's no measureable difference in performance and stability with or without CC running so there's clearly something fishing with your system. I did already point out that 3rd party audio software can behave weirdly - it's possible that APO might be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Coanda View Post
    I just upgraded to this:- i9 10850k | ASUS Maximus XII Formula Z490 | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3800 CL14.

There is still lockups and crashes in iR.. It spits and farts a little in ACC however it powers through it..

I will ask the question again. Can Equalizer APO be causing any issue here..?
    I am using Equalizer APO on 2 audio cards driving transducers with no issues on 8700k. However, depending on how it is configured, it definitely can cause issues. It for one, for sure adds delay to audio processing, and if you add a lot of settings, it could cause problems.

What audio output mode do you use in CC? The safest is the default .NET output, followed by nAudio WaveOut and then WASAPI (but you may need to raise latency there).

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    I am using Equalizer APO on 2 audio cards driving transducers with no issues on 8700k. However, depending on how it is configured, it definitely can cause issues. It for one, for sure adds delay to audio processing, and if you add a lot of settings, it could cause problems.

What audio output mode do you use in CC? The safest is the default .NET output, followed by nAudio WaveOut and then WASAPI (but you may need to raise latency there).

These days I don't have a lot of settings.. Just a 31 band EQ with no filters..

I have tried all the CC audio modes.. Default worked the best. I just did a test whereby disabling Equalizer APO and Peace UI and CC ran flawlessly in ACC and iR for several races now. Happy days however I am sad to loose my EQ software.. I also tested my headphones using both a USB connection (Plantronics driver) and 3.5mm jack (Realtek driver) and both where fine. Because you are using Equalizer APO with no issues I wonder if the Peace Ui is causing some issue.. I will run some further tests tomorrow with Equalizer APO on and Peace Ui off..

Thanks for chipping in

Quote Originally Posted by Coanda View Post
    These days I don't have a lot of settings.. Just a 31 band EQ with no filters..

I have tried all the CC audio modes.. Default worked the best. I just did a test whereby disabling Equalizer APO and Peace UI and CC ran flawlessly in ACC and iR for several races now. Happy days however I am sad to loose my EQ software.. I also tested my headphones using both a USB connection (Plantronics driver) and 3.5mm jack (Realtek driver) and both where fine. Because you are using Equalizer APO with no issues I wonder if the Peace Ui is causing some issue.. I will run some further tests tomorrow with Equalizer APO on and Peace Ui off..

Thanks for chipping in

It does not surprise me that .NET audio works the best. Peace UI does not do much, but the concerning thing in your setup is USB. There are many poor quality USB audio drivers, so if I was in your shoes, I would avoid USB audio as much as possible. In very worst case you will see that CC constantly reenumerates audio devices in nAudio mode - that's most likely poor USB audio device driver.

If your audio device does not have EQ, you may try removing all driver audio filters and replacing them with APO, but again, APO is not free, it uses resources and adds delays.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345