Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Crewchief Causing Major Lag

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    cc loads all the sounds into memory on startup and caches them by default. It loads them just before they're played if the 'load sound files on startup' is unchecked, and may or may not cache them depending on the 'cache sounds' setting.

64gig of ram suggests you shouldn't be under any memory pressure.

Presumbly the console output each time you get this issue shows a different sound being played just before the crash? Or is is always the same sound?

Just checked the old log files, it's never the same sound... already found 4 different sounds before the error is shown.
    I will now go on with your other suggestion and check how CC handles it if i change the caching

First i thought your idea with the Cache sounds would work with the latest sound pack.
    BUT
    No i can check whatever i want, i don't have any problems at all.... or at least at the moment.... I will keep an eye on it, but as it seems the first download was broken and hence caused the errors.

corrupted files in the sound pack folder would be the only explanation that makes any sense at this point - I hope you're right

We will see when the next pack is released

I just tested ACC with 7 or 8 race restarts and v176 is working much better than v177.. No hiccups or lockups thus far..

sounds like you might have some issue with the 177 sound pack download too

I have a 178 pack in the works at the moment - i'll add the 177 sounds to the update file for the 178 pack, so all users will have fresh copies of those files that were added in 177, in case they are more folks in the same position

I thought so too so I ran a some more tests however this time on iRacing and it was running better however it just locked up again.. First I lost the iRacing audio which I could get back if I swapped between Direct Audio and xAudio2 (my preset choice) however when I exited the pits it locked up like it was doing in v177..

damn i thought i was golden there.. I'll try playing around with the cache options..

thanks in advance for 178..

Coanda, as I said in the other post, it looks like your issue is different - something to do with your audio system. Windows, drivers, I don't know

yeah most likely however it was worth a shot with 176.. I'll give it a rest for now until i rebuild my new PC next week.. If it's still playing up then I'll try and remove software like Equalizer APO..

I haven't had CC for all these years however once you try it, it is hard to go back..

thanks for all of your help it is much appreciated..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast