Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crewchief Causing Major Lag

Crewchief Causing Major Lag

Just installed the latest update to CC Saturday or Sunday, whenever it was pushed. HUGE lagging when it running.
    Parking the car and tabbing to shut down the app, the icon on the task bar does not respond.
    Opened Task Manager to kill process and CC was displayed as Not Responding.

Also got an Out of Memory Error on my system after updating CC... I had walked away to answer phone and left sim
    running, car parked in garage whn that message occured. Updated Java, uninstalled Java re-booted and
    re-installed (only 64bit version), no affect or correction. Ran 2 laps at Nurburgring without lag after closing CC.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Which game ?

Sorry, Iracing

Can you post the console output when it's behaving like this please

I will give it a shot, sure... But usually it's locked up unresponsive.

Log

This was the last log file generated, this morning.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So, just ran @ Le Mans, and could fee the lag, Turned off CC and it was gone.
    See screen shots for memory use; also when I stopped CC how the unresponsive GUI appeared.
    I could not click on the [X] to close CC, and when I did Windows gave me a message that CC had crashed.l
    Attached Images Attached Images   

hmmm... can't see anything from the log file.

A couple of things to try... First, disable nAudio playback - the screenshot shows that you're using it. You might need to change your default sound 'playback' device in the Windows control panel so Crew Chief sends audio to the right device. Windows 10 also includes the option to route audio from a specific application to a chosen output device.

nAudio has been know to cause some issues so it's worth disabling that first.

Next thing to try is to delete everything in C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Britton_IT_Ltd\

this will reset the app to its default settings.

We've made some changes in the way iRacing position data is handled but I don't (yet) understand why it would behave like this

I'm using Win7.

I don't know what nAudio is, I have a very particular audio system (see screenshot) that runs via Firewire - CC is going exactly where I want it to, as are other apps, being routed appropriately.

Even when the GUI says No Responding, CC tells me my fuel load. THat is unless it is not actually telling me correctly, it plays "You got loads"....

When I try an exit CC, my memory load soars... right up to 15Gb.... and then I get a message it crashes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Maybe it's related to this issue: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...ull=1#post5360

Once I get a better idea of what's going on I'll update you

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast