Thread: No speech/voices, only bg sounds

Exclamation No speech/voices, only bg sounds

I'm having this serious problem with CC, I can only hear background sounds, no voices at all! I tried to change settings in the audio properties of sound card, unticked "allow application to have exclusive control of device" as per recommended in another post and this just did not work for me. CC was working very good before and now I've had this issue ever since I had to reinstall my audio driver, btw I have 2 audio devices since I use bass shakers.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Grafdude View Post
    I'm having this serious problem with CC, I can only hear background sounds, no voices at all! I tried to change settings in the audio properties of sound card, unticked "allow application to have exclusive control of device" as per recommended in another post and this just did not work for me. CC was working very good before and now I've had this issue ever since I had to reinstall my audio driver, btw I have 2 audio devices since I use bass shakers.

Any help greatly appreciated!
    I am having the exact same issue. I hear background noises; however, I do not hear any voices. I can use voice commands to change fuel, tires, etc; however, I can not hear any voices for chief or spotter. I have also unticked "allow application to have exclusive control of device" as per recommended in another post.

I have Oculus VR headset set as default audio source. Iracing spotter works. I really miss using Crew Chief. Please help.

Thanks,

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by greg9ball View Post
    I am having the exact same issue. I hear background noises; however, I do not hear any voices. I can use voice commands to change fuel, tires, etc; however, I can not hear any voices for chief or spotter. I have also unticked "allow application to have exclusive control of device" as per recommended in another post.

I have Oculus VR headset set as default audio source. Iracing spotter works. I really miss using Crew Chief. Please help.

Thanks,

Greg
    I figured out the problem for what I was experiencing.

Under the Volume Mixer, Crew Chief was set to mute.

I hope this helps.