Thread: Not enough fuel on oval

Not enough fuel on oval

Oh well, just blew a win because of CC...Oval race, with only one yellow. Used the command "Pitstop: fuel to the end". It added 12 liters, when I would have needed like 25. That's a wrong calculation of about 14 laps !!! I did add extra laps of fuel in CC options so it was off by maybe 16 laps. You can't add extra 20 laps of fuel in the CC options, just to make shure you finish the race, that is just non sense...
    Last edited by KryptoPunk; 10-04-2019 at 15:52.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    long caution periods can really skew the fuel usage calculation - it might have been something like that

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    long caution periods can really skew the fuel usage calculation - it might have been something like that
    Would it be possible to include an option where it uses the last x laps for calculations ? Like the last 5 or 10 laps....It would fix the problem

it's already doing that. I've added an option to use the lap with the highest fuel consumption as the basis for the calculations (as long as that lap is within a couple of seconds of your best lap so it ignores laps where you've had to dig yourself out of the gravel or whatever). I'll do some testing with it over the weekend

Wow that's awesome, I missed that somehow. Thanks !! Another donation on it's way

It's not released yet - I'm testing it now

Ah ok !! Tx

I saw the update...Anywhere I can read how the update for fuel on ovals behave ?

Quote Originally Posted by KryptoPunk View Post
    I saw the update...Anywhere I can read how the update for fuel on ovals behave ?
    OK just found it in the changelog, here is the change for reference: "allow fuel consumption calculations to be based on the lap with the highest representative fuel usage - this should produce more accurate fuel calculations on ovals and in cases where there's just been a full-course-yellow / caution period or other event that can significantly reduce fuel consumption. By default the app will use max per-lap consumption on oval courses and a windowed average consumption on road courses. Enable 'Base fuel calculations on max fuel consumption' property to use max per-lap consumption on all tracks"

Many many thanks for this !!