Thread: Speech Input Device empty after update

Speech Input Device empty after update

Hi,

The Rift microphone is my default recording device in Windows and this has always appeared under Speech Input Device in CC.

However the field is now empty with no options presented and I just cannot get CC to see it.

The microphone is working fine,

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Do you need to use nAudio speech input here? The app works better with this disabled - it uses the default recording device

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Do you need to use nAudio speech input here? The app works better with this disabled - it uses the default recording device
    Are you saying that if I disable 'Use nAudio for Speech Recognition' (which suppresses the 'Speech Input Device' field), the Rift microphone (Windows default) will still be picked up even though I haven't selected it in the app? (Although there is no option to select it anyway if 'Use nAudio for Speech Recognition' is enabled)

For info Headphones (Rift Audio) is populated in both the Messages & Background Playback fields? (Which work fine)

Cheers,

Steve
    Last edited by justcallmemac; 13-02-2019 at 18:51.

Yes. The app uses the default playback and recording devices as selected in windows. In most cases there's no need to use nAudio for either and the app works better with it disabled

In addition to what Jim said if you are using Windows 10 you can configure both audio inputs and outputs per application using "App volume and device preferences" Settings page. Just type "sound mixer options" in Start Menu to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Yes. The app uses the default playback and recording devices as selected in windows. In most cases there's no need to use nAudio for either and the app works better with it disabled
    Thing is I need to use 'nAudio for Playback' because I'm running two audio devices. My Digital Audio default device outputs the game audio to my 5.1 speaker system and my Headphones default (Rift Audio) outputs CC Messages and Background playback in to my ears!. If I disable 'nAudio for Playback' then the CC audio is output through my Digital Audio device (5.1 speakers) as well as game audio, which I don't want.

However, if the Rift microphone is going to be picked up anyway, (it's the only recording device and set to default in Windows) then it seems I can leave 'nAudio for Speech Recognition' disabled.

Does that sound about right?

Should be, give it a whirl