Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crew Chief v 4.9.6.4 failing to start

Crew Chief v 4.9.6.4 failing to start

After updating Crew Chief a few weeks back I've been having some issues with crew chief failing to load up on occasions, even though it show it active on the task manager.

I've tried unistalling and re installing today and it now fails to load up at all. Any idea what could be causing the issue?

Brilliant app by the way. An absolute savior in races

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    heh, we've been working loads and loads on this issue. It's a badly behaved device driver and working around it is proving *hard*. My money is on a USB headset or some fancy gaming keyboard (like a Corsair). Might be worth trying with different deviced plugged in for the time being. We'll have something out in the next few days that should accommodate these crappy drivers a bit more elegantly

Cheers, I'll give it a go with another keyboard or the headset unplugged.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    new release is live, it should fix this problem (or rather, the app no longer attempts to scan devices on startup)

Hi,

After the last update (few days ago, must've been the update you mentioned in previous post) CrewChief starts and apparently runs (can see it in task manager), but the app window doesn't opet... So it seems this fix broke it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AlenC View Post
    Hi,

After the last update (few days ago, must've been the update you mentioned in previous post) CrewChief starts and apparently runs (can see it in task manager), but the app window doesn't opet... So it seems this fix broke it for me.
    This is happening with me too. It was working perfect before, and now its broken. Oh my. Gonna try unplugging some USBs here...

Make sure its not an "old" macro file that causing the issues see here: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?1034-Unhandled-exception-has-occured-in-your-application

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Make sure its not an "old" macro file that causing the issues see here: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?1034-Unhandled-exception-has-occured-in-your-application
    Yeah, I don't think that's it, because I've never used custom macros and there are no json files in my crewchief documents folder... I tried uninstalling it, but it does not work. Important to say that it was working a few minutes before. I only closed it for a minute after a session in iRacing and it stopped working again. I've already had this behavior last week, before the last update.

EDIT:
    Btw, rolling back to version 4.9.6.3 worked. I'll keep that version for a while then, since I can't generate error logs (the app shows in task manager, but doesn't start, not even in long periods).
    Last edited by aritanbm; 15-02-2019 at 18:20.

I rolled back to an older version as well (from last year, it's the only installer I had), but if you need me to do some test, I can reinstall the latest one.

Quote Originally Posted by AlenC View Post
    I rolled back to an older version as well (from last year, it's the only installer I had), but if you need me to do some test, I can reinstall the latest one.
    Yes, if you'd like to help here are things that would be helpful:

* Using latest 4.9.6.7 version, pass NODEVICESCAN parameter to CrewChiefV4.exe and see if it makes difference with CC's startup.

* If you still get issue where CC does not show up, please follow this post on how to collect process dump: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...ull=1#post4959 Important: we need dump of the moment when CC does not show up and is only visible in the task manager.

Two more things:
    - before you start CC, make sure it is not still running in the task manager. Do not start the new instance. If old CC does not close in 30 seconds, kill it before trying things.
    - do you use trigger word recognition?

Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast