Thread: Crew Chief automatically resets the microphone to 100%

Crew Chief automatically resets the microphone to 100%

Hello, I love Crew Chief and I don't like driving anymore. But it has been impossible for a short time. Every sound triggers a command. The HPReverb microphone is set to 100%. So even the noise when shifting gears is recognized.

If I lower the sensitivity then it jumps back to 100%. This is triggered by Crew Chief- where or how can I prevent it?

I'm really desperate about it.

Nothing?...Nice Forum

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    this is down to how you have your voice comms set up. If it's set to 'always on' and the sensitivity is too high it'll register any noise as a command. This is more likely if you're using the built in Windows speech recogniser ("Prefer Windows speech recognition engine" is selected) - run through the full training process in Windows to improve this.

I don't recommend using always-on. Hold-button works better.

This "Nice Forum" is my forum. Me and my friends who also volunteer their time freely to help with CC attempt to assist people with the issues they're having with the app. In many cases (like yours) the issues stem from users changing settings and not really appreciating what the changes actually mean and how changes might interact (so, user error). I'm still happy to help in these cases and do my best, subject to the daily pressures of daily life. In most cases users understand this and behave accordingly.

It's important to remember rule #1: try not to be a dick. You posted your question, waited 4 days, then grumbled. If this free software and the free support you get isn't to your liking you can go stick your head in a pig