Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Update 4.9.6.4 Not Working?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Yes, this has been a tremendous help TeroD, and we can only apologise for all this farting around.

To add to the farting around, the beta has been updated *again* with a slightly different approach to scanning for devices - can you give it a whirl when you get a moment. Please delete the file "Documents/CrewChiefV4/controllerConfigurationData.json" before you do

And kindly share console output with us when you do.

With the latest beta CC starts up and the window appears immediately! Here's the console output log.
    https://mega.nz/#!kEIzEC5a!UeUve0ctH...5FkID1TtcnF0Cw

Since yesterday I've been thinking if I might be having a unique unrelated issue as I remembered something while taking a look at the console log. I also haven't been simracing in some months but am planning to these days. Hence the CC update and checking it works and looking at iRacing options as I'm gonna test it out again. A yearly event of sorts since I quit iRacing some years ago

Anyway, back to the issue. With certain games, rFactor 2 for example, It takes about 80 seconds of "loading" before I see the main menu. And from its trace it shows it's something to do with initializing or detecting devices or a device. But like I said it's not all games, just some of them.

Thanks for the update. Can you try launching the app and leaving it running for a few minutes to see if we get any more log messages from long running device scans?

Ok, I will do that now

So it times out on every controller type

Oh right! I didn't even see/realise that for some reason. So it's not a good solution then

4.9.6.6 is now live, and should address the issues discussed in this thread (with any luck...)

For the guys who have been helping us test the beta versions, please delete Documents/CrewChiefV4/controllerConfigurationData.json before launching the app after updating to this new release

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast