Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.9.6.4 Not Working?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    as The Iron Wolf says, we really do want to fix this issue but none of us can reproduce it, so we need to know what errors are shown in the Windows event logs and what happens if you remove the app's settings file

Win7 here, no errors in event logs. Just hung it seems, old version posted starts right up

as we can't reproduce this issue at all, i've made a guess as to what might be causing it and reworked some of the controller handling in the app - if someone with this crash bug is feeling brave and helpful, here's a beta which might fix the issue. I'd appreciate any feedback

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...full=1#post605

I've also got this problem. Event logs are empty. I've tried the 4.9.6.5 beta but issue remains. Still nothing in event logs. I've got F1 2018, Raceroom, pCARs2, AC currently installed
    Last edited by SteveC; 03-02-2019 at 19:34. Reason: added current games

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    I've also got this problem. Event logs are empty. I've tried the 4.9.6.5 beta but issue remains. Still nothing in event logs. I've got F1 2018, Raceroom, pCARs2, AC currently installed
    Thanks for getting back to us. Are you on Windows 7? Do you get CC hang or crash?

we're still working on the controller code, and I've uploaded an updated beta version of the app - same filename and same link (http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...full=1#post605). I'd be very interested to hear feedback on this one - whether it behaves the same or does something different.

If it still crashes, I also added a command line switch so if you launch this new beta from a shortcut that looks like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4.exe" NODEVICESCAN

it'll disable the automatic controller monitoring. Again, as we can't reproduce any of these issues I'd be very grateful for feedback

Guys, as we cannot reproduce the issue, it would be really helpful if you send us CC process dump. From what we read, it sounds like CC is hung, is still visible in the Task Manager. To get CC Process Dump:

* Open Task Manager and find CrewChief.exe running
    * Right click on the CC and select Create dump file
    * This will create CrewChiefV4.dmp in your temp folder (you can open it by pressing Win+R and typing %temp%).
    * Upload saved CrewChiefV4.dmp to file sharing site: drop box/one drive/mediafire etc
    * Send us a link to .dmp file

Thanks in advance.

2nd beta made no difference. Messaged links to dump files

Can you please try and post the link again or attach the dump to a new post as a .zip

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    2nd beta made no difference. Messaged links to dump files
    Thanks Steve! We can't figure it out from this dump yet, it looks like app is running, but we are still looking and dump helped to rule out some things.

If anyone else has CC hung, please, send your dumps as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast