Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update 4.9.6.4 Not Working?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Update 4.9.6.4 Not Working?

I downloaded CrewChief and the version from the download opens up normally. But then when I try to update it to the latest version and try to launch the application, nothing happens. The application is not actually opening up.

I see it in my Task Manager as a running process, but the window doesn't appear anywhere. So I ended the process and tried reopening it and it's still the same issue. So I uninstalled it completely and reinstalled it, and it works fine again with the old version. But then when I go to update it again to the newest version, the same thing occurs. Anyone else having this issue or know what I can do to fix it?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    That's very odd. Are you sure it's not minimising to the system tray?

There might be something in the windows event logs (look in Event Viewer, under Application Logs) - see if there are any .Net errors and post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Buhnanah View Post
    I downloaded CrewChief and the version from the download opens up normally. But then when I try to update it to the latest version and try to launch the application, nothing happens. The application is not actually opening up.

I see it in my Task Manager as a running process, but the window doesn't appear anywhere. So I ended the process and tried reopening it and it's still the same issue. So I uninstalled it completely and reinstalled it, and it works fine again with the old version. But then when I go to update it again to the newest version, the same thing occurs. Anyone else having this issue or know what I can do to fix it?
    Same exact issue, will not start but shows as running in process manager.

Can confirm Crew Chief Runs in process manager but does not open. I've tried reinstalling, rebooting, and running as administrator. Any chance we can roll back?

Last edited by Sparten; 03-02-2019 at 20:49.

As none of the dev team can reproduce this, it might be a bit of a challenge to fix. Can one of you guys with the issue try deleting your config file (rename the .../AppData/local/britton_it_ltd/ folder) and see if the app starts please

Thank you. Rolling back to 4.9.6.3 fixed everything. After trying to clean install 4.9.6.4, It would open once, promptly freeze upon any button press, and then never open again until I deleted everything and reinstalled.

Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulPatriot115 View Post
    Thank you. Rolling back to 4.9.6.3 fixed everything. After trying to clean install 4.9.6.4, It would open once, promptly freeze upon any button press, and then never open again until I deleted everything and reinstalled.
    So when you say button press its a controller button press your talking about right ? thing is we just updated some controller code to auto detect if a device gets removed/inserted and from what you describe it could sound like the issue is related, so if you can please look in windows Event Viewer for and .NET and post them here if you find any, it will greatly help us debug the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Buhnanah View Post

I have this issue as well.

as The Iron Wolf says, we really do want to fix this issue but none of us can reproduce it, so we need to know what errors are shown in the Windows event logs and what happens if you remove the app's settings file

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast