Thread: Crew chief works but spotter doesn't

Crew chief works but spotter doesn't

Hi guys.
    Since a couple of months ago there are some races on iRacing that the spotter is not working. It's just randomly. The crew chief is still telling me the lap times, differences with other, etc. but the spotter does not say a word so I have no clue when I have a car on my sides or not. Then suddenly in another race it works normally but after that maybe another 2-3 races with no spotter.
    I even tried with other spotter voices but same problems.
    Anyone else having this issues?

Mine will work for a race, then mid race it would just quit. I'd hear the beep like it was going to tell me something but it never does. Very odd, was on the older version, cant get the latest version to start.

I just returned to racing after a break for a few months. Also getting this issue, just assumed it was because it was not updated in a while. Going to try a reinstall tomorrow and hope for the best.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Guys, can we have the console output log when this happens please

Hello this also happens to me. Spotter seems to disappear for seemingly no reason. I did a Prac>Qual>Race this morning in iRacing and got no spotter notifications for the few times I was passed. https://pastebin.com/uZVV2M0t here is the console, the last bottom part is the race in question (25 min race) You can see me enable the spotter around the time I noticed it was silent, but it should have been enabled in the beginning. I didn't get to see if it worked after that.

EDIT: I decided not to use rolling start command anymore as I've done a few races now and spotter is working ok. I wonder if saying rolling start is causing issues because that's something I did do on the above race.
    Last edited by Spooling88; 02-03-2019 at 01:59.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    the "rolling start" command is only intended to be used when you're running a manual rolling start. That is, when a bunch of online players have agreed to drive the first race lap as if it were a formation lap, and execute a rolling start at the end of it. This is for games that don't support a proper rolling start, and is used in some league races. In these cases the game isn't aware of the players' actions - it sends data assuming the players are actively racing.

I implemented this feature in CC to allow leagues to run this procedure with some support from the app. It's not intended for use in iRacing oval starts because the game is already aware of the start procedure and sends sensible data to the app. If you enable this for iRacing, I'd expect some odd behaviour including the spotter not working on the opening lap

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    the "rolling start" command is only intended to be used when you're running a manual rolling start. That is, when a bunch of online players have agreed to drive the first race lap as if it were a formation lap, and execute a rolling start at the end of it. This is for games that don't support a proper rolling start, and is used in some league races. In these cases the game isn't aware of the players' actions - it sends data assuming the players are actively racing.

I implemented this feature in CC to allow leagues to run this procedure with some support from the app. It's not intended for use in iRacing oval starts because the game is already aware of the start procedure and sends sensible data to the app. If you enable this for iRacing, I'd expect some odd behaviour including the spotter not working on the opening lap
    Ahh I see, thanks for the clarification. Amazing app keep up the good work!