PDA

View Full Version : CC Reporting Wrong Position

Randy1
04-12-2018, 10:59
Several people have reported this as well on Iracing forum. I tried to see a pattern while racing but that is not easy . I just thought maybe I should have checked to see if CC is reporting Relative position on the track instead race position. I know it is not position by class.

Sparten
05-12-2018, 07:47
I did see the thread on IR forums, but was to busy playing assassin's creed odyssey to reply :D, It mainly happens in multiclass races, i think its related to CC not grouping cars in correct classes.
There is a file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4" called carClassData.json where some cars and classes have been defined and grouped but this is not always correct. If a carclass has been defined in this file it will overwrite the games carclass settings, so its important to have all cars in a session defined and grouped in this file.
We have a thread HERE (http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?27-Customizing-Car-Classes) that explains how to customize car classes.
Also towed cars can have an impact on the real time position reporting as well as not having all(63) cars enabled in IR gfx settings.
I also know there are some issues in endurance races with driver change and wrong position reporting.

This goes to anyone who is willing to help us, we desperately need debug traces (http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?142-How-to-collect-Crew-Chief-repro-traces) from iRacing session to fix the bugs as replicating them is next to impossible, specially in iRacing where you have to race online. So if your interested in helping us with this matter please upload your trace to your favorite file sharing site and send us the link on http://thecrewchief.org or on our discord channel https://discord.gg/RyejNz9 Traces brings more value then a donation.
Warning: Do not attempt to do this if you have disable your paging file and your running on limited memory as recording traces consumes memory but does NOT impact performance.
Also do not try to record a full 24 hour event :P

Randy1
05-12-2018, 19:19
Sparten when the next Iracing season opens I will try to give you a debug trace.

I have limited the number of cars being viewed because of using VR and FPS problems. I will up that and see what happens. I do race multiclass but rarely is there more than one class in my split.

Randy1
07-12-2018, 21:18
I set the number of cars that can be viewed back to 20 from my previous setting of 10 in iracing then tried an Oval race. Position reporting worked just fine.

Randy1
16-12-2018, 12:06
On road racing, IMSA at Imola, CC announced all GT3 cars were on the poll. A couple people noted on voice channel CC had said they were on the poll. I said me too.

Will try to do debug trace.

What is a good file sharing site to use?

ripkin87
18-12-2018, 13:09
My CC also reports that I'm on pole every time I enter a LeMans or IMSA race no matter where I am starting. If that is the only bug I have to endure to have this app then I am very pleased. This has saved me so much time and frustration doing endurance racing as well as standard LeMans races. I love having it do the fuel calculations. I used to do a full fuel run in each car I would drive and then calculate the fuel usage and time it took to complete the laps. It was then a guess how much extra to add depending on the remaining time.

Thanks for all this functionality. I haven't even thought about fuel in the past few months.

Randy1
05-01-2019, 10:33
Reporting the wrong position is getting worse.

mr_belowski
05-01-2019, 11:10
Did you manage to get a debug trace? Nothing has changed in the app so I wonder if the game data is somehow different

Randy1
05-01-2019, 14:23
Reporting the wrong position is getting worse.

I have an idea to try. I just found out in "Account" iracing settings, I had my internet speed setting too low. That meant Iracing was not sending me a full set of data on other cars. I think the error in position reporting got worse when the field was quite large. Not sure I can run a test today but will try.

Randy1
07-01-2019, 10:15
Did you manage to get a debug trace? Nothing has changed in the app so I wonder if the game data is somehow different

I did not have enough time to start the debug tool yesterdaybefore the race because I messed up my setup and scrambled to get it fixed. The internet speed setting had no effect on the last race.

For yesterdays race, I did increase the number of cars Iracing will show from 20 to 30. That made a big difference but it was still off by one or two positions.

A little history, After installing CC, it worked fine reporting the position properly. Because of FPS problems I started lowering the number of cars Iracing would show. I went down to ten before the last Iracing update. I think this was during week 13. After iracing started the new session the CC position reporting problem surfaced. I went to 20 cars Iracing shows and that might have helped some. Then going to 30 made a big difference as CC reported position within one or two.. The number of cars in the race was 38

Randy1
07-01-2019, 20:34

Got the debug file. What is a good place to send it? 32MB I do not have a file sharing site.

I set the number of cars back to 20 so you can see a larger spread.

Sparten
08-01-2019, 08:41
You can try and ZIP the file and upload it here, you have to ZIP it first else the file gets corrupted.
or you can try here https://www.zipshare.com/
But to make it clear, we cant fix wrong position messages if there is only 20 cars enabled, as iracing then only sends data for the 20 cars closest to you.

Randy1
08-01-2019, 10:27
You can try and ZIP the file and upload it here, you have to ZIP it first else the file gets corrupted.
or you can try here https://www.zipshare.com/
But to make it clear, we cant fix wrong position messages if there is only 20 cars enabled, as iracing then only sends data for the 20 cars closest to you.
My bad since no one answered my post, I thought this was a problem you needed a debug trace. No need to send it now.

Sparten
09-01-2019, 06:31
Dont get me wrong the trace is still useful to us as it might contain other bugs that can be fixed from it, so if you still have it please try and upload it.

Randy1
09-01-2019, 12:26
I found a compromise. I looked at the average number of players in my races which is just under 40 so 40 is what I set the number of cars to in Iracing. I still have the debug report.

Sparten
10-01-2019, 07:44
can you upload it please, i think i might be able to fix wrong start position in multiclass races with it.

Randy1
14-01-2019, 22:17
can you upload it please, i think i might be able to fix wrong start position in multiclass races with it.

I keep forgetting to send it. You still want it?

Sparten
15-01-2019, 04:44
Yes please :)

Randy1
15-01-2019, 15:12
Okay it is at zipshare 32Mb.

Sparten
15-01-2019, 15:41
I'm going to need a link

Randy1
15-01-2019, 18:09
Let me know if you got it.

Sparten
16-01-2019, 05:43
I got it thanks.

s1mpt3k
24-03-2019, 13:42
So what is the fix for this? Seems weird. Iracing has my position, my overlay has my position but CC reports something completely different. Why not just report what iracing says in the relative or the lap timing blackbox.

mr_belowski
24-03-2019, 16:50
there are a couple of issues here which Morten and Paul have worked hard on over the last few weeks. There should be substantial improvements with the next CC release but it's not as simple as it might seem, due to iRacing not sending complete and up to date real-time race position data

s1mpt3k
24-03-2019, 18:15
Hmm. Ok. I kinda figured it had to be something else because it seemed like it would be simple. Especially since all of the other overlays Kapps, JRT and others that streamers use report the correct position in real time or what seems to be real time. Ok. Thanks for the reply. I think other than that for me the software is near perfect for my use. I just cant trust the position info that's being reported and even that is small because i just look at my blackbox when i need to know. Keep up the good work guys.

Randy1
24-03-2019, 22:06
Just to make sure you know. In iracing Options-Graphics you can increase the number of cars to 40 as an example. As long as the driver count does not exceed 40 the CC position will be correct. Also in iracing to need to go to Setting and allow more internet flow which is probadly a good idea anyway unless you have a strict data limit.

Jason Powell
06-04-2019, 15:02
(iRacing) I was getting the wrong position when CC would call it out during the race, and also the guy behind me was a lap down from me but CC was telling me it was for position. It was my 1st IMSA race and only time I think I've had the issue. I've used CC for 2 or 3 months now on ovals and never had a problem. I've always had the max cars set to 63, And I can't seem to find what Randy is talking about in the setting to "allow more internet flow"?

Is there something I'm missing? And I'm not sure about the road side, but on the oval side the pit count down seems almost unusable.

Randy1
06-04-2019, 21:24
Jason it is "Setting" on the iracing home page.

Jason Powell
09-04-2019, 11:14
I don't have any settings like that in the settings on the home page? All setting on the home page are Reset "Multi Class Car Selection, Run Graphics Config, Use Steam Overlay, Use IPv6, Crew/Spotter". Is it one of them?

BTW on a side note, how can I find this topic easier? Seems like it would be near the top in General since there is new comments on it but I have to keep going to my profile to find it again. Im a noob and I looked for 15 minutes before figuring out that I could find it under my profile.

Randy1
11-04-2019, 17:19
Jason I am sorry. The setting is in your Account then Preferences

Jason Powell
11-04-2019, 17:53
Oh thank you. But know I dont know which one to set it to lol. it was on 128k, and I just set it to 512k, or should I try higher? I have a pretty fast computer I think i5-8600k overclocked to 5.0. I thought this was for your internet speed or something, which my internet is 118.23/download and 11.65/upload according to speedtest.com.
Also its set to Limelight, should this be no preference? Thank you for the help

Randy1
14-04-2019, 18:46
Oh thank you. But know I dont know which one to set it to lol. it was on 128k, and I just set it to 512k, or should I try higher? I have a pretty fast computer I think i5-8600k overclocked to 5.0. I thought this was for your internet speed or something, which my internet is 118.23/download and 11.65/upload according to speedtest.com.
Also its set to Limelight, should this be no preference? Thank you for the help

Limelight is right most likely.

It is internet speed but your PC has to fast enough to process that. Is you speed test Mbit/sec. If yes just set it to the highest.