PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Voice Pack: Stock Car Crew Chief & Spotter v0.50

mschreiner
03-09-2018, 18:51
Hello,
I have been working on the sound pack for the last year or so for the stock car community in rFactor2.
I have designed it to work with this spotter as he says a lot of stuff that the crew chief is saying in current sound packs.
My goal was to make is sound more authentic to NASCAR with my self as the crew chief and TJ Majors as the spotter.

You will need to get the latest version of Crew Chief to have the ability to add a 2nd crew chief before using this package.

You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2328qzuzbei4fq/CrewChief_Mike_v050.rar?dl=0

To install it just extract the package to your sounds folder or follow these instructions:
http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?825-Authoring-alternative-Crew-Chief-voice-packs

I hope you all like it and feedback would be great as I continue to add sounds and fix ones that do not sound right from the feedback I receive.

v0.50: initial release

64BoxChevy
07-10-2018, 12:00
Hi, I would like to try this out however.... The folder for base CC mentioned under Users\user-name\ AppData\ does not exist on my PC and i cant seem to find it. Any way you can explain this further? And as for Dropbox..... is that the only link for this?

mschreiner
07-10-2018, 14:11
Yes that is the only Link Right now. You need to make windows so you can see hidden folder as the AppData folder is a hidden folder by default.

Now that it is installed we need to make your PC show hidden folders.
Watch this video on how to do that.
https://youtu.be/rBteQswtPI0

64BoxChevy
07-10-2018, 14:55
Thanks. I never would of figured that out. I found the the folders a little differently but none the less i found them.

mschreiner
07-10-2018, 15:12
Please give feedback on it. I will start recording more things after I get settled in from moving to a new state.

RWRacing
09-10-2018, 14:44
great sound pack thanks for making this .....can't wait for future updates to it ...keep up the great work

Michael Wartman
11-02-2019, 02:46
ok. got the pack loaded i think right.

First off, thank you for taking the time and effort to make this pack. i know doing things like this isn't overly rewarding outside of self satisfaction and having people knock an honest effort can be disheartening. that being said, i feel like you want to make a quality pack that people will enjoy using and are actually looking for feedback from the community to improve the quality, so here it goes. i've only done a base level test of the pack on a test track in iracing thus far. maybe a dozen laps or so.

biggest thing to improve: sound volume. the stock packs sound crisp and easily override the little 155hp mx5 wound tight. if i didn't already know the basics of what the spotter was supposed to be telling me, i would never understand it with this sound pack.

sound quality, might go with volume. even in the pits or at low rpm some of the calls sound muffled.

my spotter never hit the next level of frustration and cussed me out. i kinda like the "sweary" option. might be cool if they had a smart ass reply like "between the lines. Mike! you learned this shit coloring in kindergarten!", but that might only be funny if it's a randomly used phrase. about the 5th time in a session it might get worn out.

again, thank you for putting the effort in to produce this sound pack and i will definitely be tracking for updates.

Poody
11-02-2019, 13:44
Thank you for this! Is it possible to add my own custom last name to this pack?

mschreiner
11-02-2019, 23:48
Just request names and I can add them to it when I start recording again.

twc1968
09-03-2019, 16:21
Request for a name "Tim". When you able to start recording again! Thanks for the work!

Sodakan
05-07-2019, 18:31
This this pack still valid. Everytime I download it and try to open it, I get a corrupt or unknown file error?

mr_belowski
05-07-2019, 19:50
file works OK for me - i just downloaded it

mschreiner
10-08-2019, 17:38
Should be fine works for me too! Once I am done working on new tires for S397 I will continue work on this project.

ValentinG
19-08-2019, 19:30
Do you have the list of sentences to pronounce in writing ?

The Iron Wolf
19-08-2019, 19:50
Do you have the list of sentences to pronounce in writing ?

There's no such list, however, if anyone would create one it would be great contribution - it would allow Closed Captioning/Subtitles, for example.

mwilli23
26-05-2020, 02:52
First, Thank you for sharing your work with everyone.

I just installed the Stock Car CC & Spotter. It works with one exception. My first name is Mike and when I select "Mike" as the crew chief, it removes my name along with the entire list of Drivers. When I change back to "Jim" as the crew chief, then all Drivers return and I can then select my name as the Driver. I can understand a possible conflict with both of us named "Mike", so I am okay with using Michael as my Driver name but I am not given the choice to select any Drivers.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

mr_belowski
26-05-2020, 08:19
This isn't a bug. Mike's pack doesn't include any personalised messages / my name recordings so the list is empty

mschreiner
01-06-2020, 23:54
My pack is not complete yet as I have not done personalization's yet. I just purchased me a Blue Yeti Condenser Mic to redo all of my recording so I can have more consistency with my files. After I am finished with a few Stock Car projects I will resume my recordings and update the package.

The Iron Wolf
02-06-2020, 00:07
My pack is not complete yet as I have not done personalization's yet. I just purchased me a Blue Yeti Condenser Mic to redo all of my recording so I can have more consistency with my files. After I am finished with a few Stock Car projects I will resume my recordings and update the package.

Note that personalizations should be much easier now as Jim just implemented stub based personalizations. You should be able to record your stubs, and add them to your pack and personalization will be generated out of stubs and driver names :)

Tmc101
04-12-2020, 19:53
ok. got the pack loaded i think right.

First off, thank you for taking the time and effort to make this pack. i know doing things like this isn't overly rewarding outside of self satisfaction and having people knock an honest effort can be disheartening. that being said, i feel like you want to make a quality pack that people will enjoy using and are actually looking for feedback from the community to improve the quality, so here it goes. i've only done a base level test of the pack on a test track in iracing thus far. maybe a dozen laps or so.

biggest thing to improve: sound volume. the stock packs sound crisp and easily override the little 155hp mx5 wound tight. if i didn't already know the basics of what the spotter was supposed to be telling me, i would never understand it with this sound pack.

sound quality, might go with volume. even in the pits or at low rpm some of the calls sound muffled.

my spotter never hit the next level of frustration and cussed me out. i kinda like the "sweary" option. might be cool if they had a smart ass reply like "between the lines. Mike! you learned this shit coloring in kindergarten!", but that might only be funny if it's a randomly used phrase. about the 5th time in a session it might get worn out.

again, thank you for putting the effort in to produce this sound pack and i will definitely be tracking for updates.
I installed, and uninstalled this several times because I wanted so badly to use it , but the sound quality had so many problems I just could not talk myself into keep trying. Then I worked several hours to figure out the proper places to put the other folders so I could use TJ Majors as my spotter and I figyred out that if you make sure the "Background Noise" slider is moved completely left (off) it greatly improves the clarity of the crew chief sounds...
SO, now if I can figure out the proper place in the directory tree for the name personalizations folder, and get the creator to do my name (Terry) I would be completely happy with my Stock Car Crew Chief install...
Installing the latest updates and having TJ Majors as your spotter was the number one gold, it is a game changer as far as realism on oval track and works well on road course racing as well.
BTW:
The following that I found on another post is so confusing it needs to be further/more clearly explained, even with recording my own name file I still do not have the name part working, the drop-down list is not populated with any names to choose.
+---alt
¦ +---Mike
¦ ¦ sound_pack_language.txt
¦ ¦
¦ +---driver_names
¦ +---personalisations
¦ +---voice
+---voice
+---radio_check_Mike
¦ +---test
¦ +---test_chief
+---spotter_Mike

mr_belowski
06-12-2020, 09:35
i've never tried personalisations with the alternate chief stuff so I don't know if it'll work, but the correct location would be a folder called Terry inside alt/Mike/personalisations. And inside this Terry folder would be 6 subfolders, one for each of the personalisation types (bad_luck, come_on, oh_dear, ok, please, well_done). Inside each of those folders are any number of .wav files for that phrase

R_Toast
01-03-2021, 00:45
Just request names and I can add them to it when I start recording again.

Hey, idk if you still read these or take request for names but it would be really cool if you added my name! My name is Garrick (Like Garrett, just with an ick at the end)

Also, I cant seem to get the damage reporting to work. Ive installed it into the base sound folder for Crew Chief and everything else seems to be fine, but the damage report doesnt work. Any reason you could think of that would cause this? Great voice pack!

blue2mustang
07-03-2021, 12:44
I am getting an error when trying to extract from drop box stating the file is corrupt. Any help?

JTMoney1488
19-03-2021, 04:39
same issue plus i have no hidden files or folders in my folder. i have the settings changed to view hidden files and still nothing. is this still a valid addon?

OutlawMS1
02-04-2023, 16:26
yeah this file dont work

RWRacing
02-04-2023, 16:47
i have no idea what you guy's are doing wrong i just downloaded the zip from dropbox to see if it didn't work and YES it works

OutlawMS1
02-04-2023, 16:57
It downloads as a .rar file and i dont know how to convert or open

RWRacing
03-04-2023, 00:20
get 7Zip and open it with that download 7zip and install it after that is done goto where you downloaded the rar file and right click on it and scroll to where you see 7zip and then open archive and extract the files

KevyKevTPA
15-07-2023, 17:41
Is this still in active development? Since the last season update, I've been having some issues with regard to CC4 in general, so I am going to reinstall, but as I recall from installing the TJ voice pack, it asked for permission to delete some existing sound files, that I granted, but now I'm wondering if that was supposed to happen, and if I was supposed to approve it? I would like to reinstall the voice pack after reinstalling CC4, but I don't want it to cause the same issues I am dealing with now... TIA!!

Kev