PDA

View Full Version : "Faster Car Approaching" not working in LeMans 24hr Practice Session

samkatakouzinosracing
14-08-2018, 15:45
I'm happily driving in the lowest class car.
I use relatives black box to see who's behind me but not all the time.

I get startled when a faster class car overtakes me and Crew Chief made no mention of its approach.

Is this only in Practice sessions?
Do I need to keep a constant eye on my Relatives box during Race because Crew Chief won't warn me of faster cars approaching?

mr_belowski
14-08-2018, 16:08
the faster car approaching (multiclass) stuff is only active in race sessions, if I remember correctly

samkatakouzinosracing
14-08-2018, 16:30
Well, it's useful in practice.
May we have this functionality in Practice as well please?

mr_belowski
14-08-2018, 17:02
some of the messages only really make sense in races, but part of the functionality should be useable for practice and qualifying sessions. Expect something in the next release

samkatakouzinosracing
17-08-2018, 04:31
Hi. I have CrewChief V4.9.4.6 installed.
This is the version that introduces "Faster Car Approaching" for practice sessions.

I was in a practice session in lowest class car (GTE) and had HPD and LMP1 cars approaching.
There was no call for them approaching.

Did I miss something?
Is there a switch I need to enable?
Do I need to tell Chief something while driving?

Sparten
17-08-2018, 07:20
Na you dont have to do anything, i think this is caused by the multiclass warning first kicks in after a set number of laps dependent on track length, i'm a bit unsure why this check is there but i bet Jim can explain that. But as a minimum you will need to have completed 2 laps before we can tell your car relative speed compared to other classes.

mr_belowski
17-08-2018, 07:37
yeah, i left this in by accident. It's part of the logic that's used in race sessions to ensure the warnings don't start until cars are actually being lapped. It also ensures the app has enough data to know which classes are faster and which are slower (it calculates this from the recorded laptimes).

I'll have a look - might be able to improve it

mr_belowski
17-08-2018, 07:57
ok, the next version will start multiclass warnings in non-race sessions much sooner. The downside of this is that the app's opinion of which classes are faster or slower might be incorrect early in the session if, for example, the first LMP1 lap recorded was particularly slow. As more lap data becomes available the accuracy will improve.

Bear in mind that the app won't be able to warn about other car classes right at the start of the session - it needs some lap data to work out which classes are faster and which are slower

Sparten
28-08-2018, 11:41
Sorry guys, we had a bug in the code that prevented any multiclass warnings in iRacing practice sessions to function, it will be fixed in next update, again sorry about that.