PDA

View Full Version : Welcome new members

oOBATOo
23-02-2017, 16:57
Hi
Ive donated in the past to crewchief and now I contribute to the forums in what ever way I can.
--
oOBATOo.videos Steve

Sparten
23-02-2017, 18:55
Welcome to our new forum, as you can see we are still in the startup, but hopefully we can provide even better support this way.
How did you hear about this new forum, if you dont mind me asking ?

The Iron Wolf
23-02-2017, 20:45
Welcome onboard! What sims are you using CC with? I think forum might benefit from quality getting started guides for each game, with pictures etc.

oOBATOo
23-02-2017, 20:56
Welcome to our new forum, as you can see we are still in the startup, but hopefully we can provide even better support this way.
How did you hear about this new forum, if you dont mind me asking ?

I follow the CrewChief on Facebook and have had dealings with crewcheif before.
--
oOBATOo.videos

oOBATOo
23-02-2017, 20:58
Welcome onboard! What sims are you using CC with? I think forum might benefit from quality getting started guides for each game, with pictures etc.
In previous dealings with cc I did try and get a manual together but it died out. cc was and is very busy.
ps no sims at the moment.
--
oOBATOo.videos

ashasha
27-02-2017, 11:01
I've been using it with PCARS on the XBox since it was released for Android. It's been solid since I bought it and the support has been great. I followed the thread over at the PCARS forum and bugged mr_belowski several times during that period and he's always helped me out. I put a lot of weight on support and I've bought apps and plugins for other sims/games and have had some problems with them and most of the time there is no response or update. Not always, but there are a few that I won't recommend to anyone because the developer basically drops the project as soon as they get their money. This isn't the case with CC.

mr_belowski
27-02-2017, 13:28
Thanks for the vote of confidence fellas :)

I've just dropped the Android app price substantially, hoping to grow the user base a bit in preparation for PCars2, which I'm planning to add to the existing app (assuming SMS don't implement a decent race engineer). I'm also going to revamp the Android demo into a proper fully functional free 'lite' version - no restrictions but no swearing, no personalisations, no (or few) opponent drives names and a bit less variety / personality.

I've got a couple of Android bug fixes in the pipeline - nothing exciting, just minor annoyances. I'll also add more names and variety. Longer term, I'm going to split the app from the sound files (using Google's dreaded and frankly appalling APK expansion library / support) which will remove the 100Mb application size limit (the app is already 88Mb)

Wiggin
02-03-2017, 19:42
Hi everyone!

I use CC with rf2 oval racing. I found this via the ISI thread post about it. Also how do I set an avatar ?

The Iron Wolf
02-03-2017, 20:56
Hi Wiggin,

Welcome aboard!

You can go to upper right corner (I assume you're on a desktop), Click Settings, there will be Edit Avatar option :) Cheers!

Silvanob2
19-05-2017, 08:47
Hello all of you racers,

I just registered today as before I was just on R3E to talk about CC not knowing about this forum.
Looked at the "About Crew Chief" tab to say the truth LOL
This app is a MUST for any serious racer, so (in my way) I contribute in donating to the CC Team so the development continue and gets better and better.
I am a big fan of CC since the beginning, think its not only a great app but also an "intelligent" one, update of app, drivers names, sounds etc are flawless and the only thing we have to do is "clic" :)

Cheers :)

F3n3K
16-07-2017, 15:02
Hello to the Crewchief community !! ;)

I'm registered for found info about crewchief, configuration and my little name in this beautiful app
I use this app from many month now, it's a must have

Thanks again to devs !!!

Cya

runphilrun
05-08-2017, 05:05
Hi all,
Just chiming in to say that this app is a must-have for me, even more than TrackIR! I really appreciate all the hard work and care that has gone into CC. There are so many features that I never would have expected but am so glad are there, like the "pearls of wisdom" and personalizations.
Excellent work, can't thank the devs enough!

Gianfranco
07-08-2017, 09:32
Hi all,

nice to see CrewChief has its own forum!

dasesa
22-08-2017, 09:47
Hello!!

dasesa
22-08-2017, 09:50
Hi all!
Now I use CC with rf2 oval racing

Jempy
09-09-2017, 17:48
Hello everybody and of course the creators ! ;)

Using the app since a few months now ( or more ? ... Time passes so quickly ! :p ) ... and slave to it now as I couldn't do without, I found quite normal to register here and make a donation.
Done now !

Thanks to all involved ... for RRE, Automobilista, AC, RF2 ... the sims I'm using the most ( especially AC and RRE )
Just one sim I'm still very busy with .... misses this perfect app ! :( ... GTR2 as I'm still working on it for a big mod ... as skinner )

Sure if I saw the app ported to GTR2 ... I shouldn't miss a new donation ! :D .... ( maybe one day ? it shouldn't be so far from the one for Rfactor or am I wrong ? ... )

McKiernan
14-11-2017, 20:10
Hello all,
Just thought I'd say hi and say cheers for an amazing app. Been using it since I got it on Android for PCARS1 when I was on PS$. Using it now on my PC and think it is an essential add on to any sim. Keep up the good work. I'm lovin' it.

Bodb
16-11-2017, 22:11
Hi all. Honestly, I haven't used CC just yet. I only installed it tonight and I'm exhausted after work :P I'll have a good go of it tomorrow night. Been watching LOADS of vids and reading up a lot on it. It's a fantastic idea. I'll only be using it on Assetto Corsa. Because I heart AC <3

Cobi
19-11-2017, 00:40
Hi everyone, I've been using the full version of Crew Chief for about a month and absolutely loving it! I don't think I could play Project Cars 2 without it now :)

My PS4 setup: Playseat Challenge + G29 wheel and an Android phone with Crew Chief and RSDash running simultaneously = bliss!

slavo
19-11-2017, 21:44
Hi everyone. I found CrewChief about 2 months ago and now I can not imagine driving without it. Great job.
I drive with Thrustmaster wheel T500RS, pedals T3PA PRO and shifter TH8A

beckibeere
29-12-2017, 05:43
I am new in this forum i want to know how i create a new post or thread in this forum.

Sparten
29-12-2017, 07:30
I am new in this forum i want to know how i create a new post or thread in this forum.
Just like on any other forum, but if you try to spam(email alert) just once I'll come get you.

bgil66
16-01-2018, 00:14
I am new to this forum but not new to simracing. Just wanted to say hi and was watching raceroom vid by George who recommended this app which is an amazing piece of software to me. I hope you dont mind the help me questions I will have in the near future :) Thanks

Wolf
10-02-2018, 21:22
New to this forum, not quite so new to simracing, for me it started with Pcars when some friends who had crowdfunded it talked to me about it.
Originally I didn't have a wheel and raced with a stick, my old Saitek X-52.....according to my friends I was good for a stick driver, still spun out way to often which made me first get a used G27, which I got at steal and then got myself Assetto Corsa, tried out R3E, left that for a while and then later really got into it, after I had found a copy of the ADAC GT Masters experience for a Tenner.

Got me into Rfactor and back into GTR and GTR2, bought them years ago but since I didn't have a wheel back then, kept my boxes of them and some other games. And well the GTRs were still fun, unlike some of the higher rated more popular games of the day like the DTM/Toca race Driver etc.
Now got myself Rf2 recently and the whole host of old Simbin Goodies, as well as some other racing games.

Found Crew chief on the Pcars forums and it was a godsend, no doubt about it because the Pcars Pit Engineer was an annoying fool, never follow his advice.
One of the moments that sold it for me was in a free practise session for Pcars Career Mode in Monza National (the short one with the walls of death;)* ), when it told me that the temps were falling and it made me able to predict a return of the earlier fog.

*Turn 1 on the GP course ain't got nuthin' on that concrete wall chicane after the Parabolique on Monza National! ;) :P

zretil
01-03-2018, 08:09
New member here, just wanted to say hi and Thank you guys for this great app, it added a lot to my racing experience, keep up the good work :D

Balsalobre
18-03-2018, 15:06
Thanks for this fantastic app!

Hello all members too.

smc535
14-04-2018, 23:32
G'day all,
Just signed up to give a quick thanks for this awesome app. It adds so much to the racing experience (and also occasionally makes me grin like a loon while racing :D )
I've been using it for the past few months in Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa and have just made a donation so the devs can buy themselves a well earned beer :D
Keep up the great work!

Trans-Girl
21-04-2018, 15:45
Guess I should say Hi, new to the forum and new to PC, been using the app for a while now on PS4, even sweeter on PC though. Devs, have a beer on me (donation was under my viper email) Hopefully "Sarah" will be included in the list of usable names in the near future, thanks again for an app that I can't race without...

fil140
02-05-2018, 19:44
hi, my names phil, ive been using cc and chatting with jim for a few years now but never got around to using the forum....so here i am! HI.

NewbieRacer
03-05-2018, 17:36
Hi NewbieRacer here. Been playing Assetto Corsa for a short while and caught CC in a YouTube video. It has transformed my game. The guidance when passing is invaluable. Why is this not in Assetto Corsa or RaceRoom by default? Great job. Donated.

jct32
08-05-2018, 20:04
Hey everyone I really love this program.

rocho
12-05-2018, 19:16
Hi everyone.
Thank you very much for this program, very useful and informative.

pablereitor
15-05-2018, 19:48
Thanks for this program, really great job. I will still use it for a short trial period and do a donate for sure.

tuttotommaso
30-09-2018, 21:14
Hello everybody! I start using this program and it seems to be really interesting! see you later!

jct32
06-10-2018, 21:29
I really do enjoy this program.

tgk1971
07-10-2018, 08:04
hello,

i am a fan of sim racing and walked into this app,i like it and follow you from the netherlands.
i use it for assetto corsa

Bill E
08-12-2018, 00:59
In previous dealings with cc I did try and get a manual together but it died out. cc was and is very busy.
ps no sims at the moment.
--
oOBATOo.videos

So is there a manual or not yet?

Randy1
09-12-2018, 02:34
I thought the help inside of CC was pretty good. Most of the things I had to ask about were things that were there in getting started and I just overlooked them.

Bill E
09-12-2018, 17:33
I thought the help inside of CC was pretty good. Most of the things I had to ask about were things that were there in getting started and I just overlooked them.
Thanks Randy, appreciate your time!
Bill

RadstaR
02-02-2019, 18:47
Thanks for CC. I love it :o

RadstaR
02-02-2019, 18:48
Execuse me for second post, but i need it for creating new Thread for my Czech Language pack :(

TeroD
06-02-2019, 10:07
Hey!

New here, but been using CC for a while now :) Awesome piece of software!

Spooling88
01-03-2019, 23:03
Hello just started sim racing since I got my force feedback wheel for Euro truck. I'm absolutely hooked and in love with motorsports now. CrewChief adds so much immersion I cant thank you enough for creating this wonderful program.

Xiry
22-04-2019, 18:54
Hello everyone, I'm Jose Dorta de Tenerife (Canary Islands). I just finished translating the voices of this great program into Spanish.
I was badly educated when I signed up for this forum and I did not show up on their day. Sorry.
What if I made a donation and sent a message to one of the administrators to see if it had arrived at the time I started using this great program.

alandrifter
30-04-2019, 20:09
Hello everyone, crewchief user for a while, waiting for Italian pack

Peter Stefani
01-05-2019, 13:06
Started using CC, I know I'm late to the party, I just have to say, this is the best app/program and the support is excellent and responsive. Thanks to all involved.

Pete Richardson
02-07-2019, 18:17
Hi All. Been using CrewChief for a while now, just joined to get the latest and some tips on doing cool stuff in the thing.

zipygomadeira
07-07-2019, 14:12
Hi everyone. i dont know where to post this but im having a probloem with crewchief. Aplicação: CrewChiefV4.exe
Versão do Framework: v4.0.30319
Descrição: O processo foi terminado devido a uma excepção não processada.
Informações da Excepção: System.NullReferenceException
em CrewChiefV4.Events.Fuel.reportFuelRemaining(Boolea n)
em CrewChiefV4.Events.Fuel.reportFuelStatus(Boolean, Boolean)
em CrewChiefV4.Events.Fuel.respond(System.String)
em CrewChiefV4.Events.CommonActions.getCarStatus()
em CrewChiefV4.Events.CommonActions.respond(System.St ring)
em CrewChiefV4.ControllerConfiguration+ButtonAssignme nt.execute()
em CrewChiefV4.ControllerConfiguration.hasOutstanding Click(System.String)
em CrewChiefV4.MainWindow.listenForButtons()
em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
em System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

the program starts but then crashes when i prss the assign button. it crashes with no arror. thats log from aplication log

thank you

pimpi84
08-08-2019, 06:21
Hello.

New to the forum and to CC.
Can't wait to try it!

Paolo

James_e_Vining
14-08-2019, 05:28
Hello.

New to the forum and to CC.
Can't wait to try it!

Paolo

Welcome.
I hope you enjoy it and get as much use as i have.
so much better then trying to add a keyboard or button box to select items etc when racing.

Lo11o
02-09-2019, 10:11
Hello everyone,

just thought I'd drop and say hi, and thank you for a piece of software that's nothing short of amazing.

And for those about to race, we salute you!

GTGene
13-04-2020, 21:42
Hello everyone. New to CC but not to sim racing. Still trying to get this to work with iRacing. I am an old tech guy and just slow to get things going.

NoTalent
14-04-2020, 16:36
Hey all,
I'm an 11 year iRacing subscriber though have been on about a 4 year hiatus from sim racing. With the shelter in place putting alot of unknowns into my real world amateur racing this year, I came across this fantastic software (I'm throwing down a donation towards it's future development) while rebuilding my whole sim rig to pick this fantastic hobby back up again. Happy racing!

JamieF86
17-04-2020, 16:22
Hi Sorry not sure where to post but found crew chief online people say it can work with the PS4 but can not find a guide anywhere

Slapped
17-05-2020, 11:39
I downloaded this with the expectation that I'd end up deleting it. I honestly thought it either wouldn't work, or would be ineffectual at best.

So I installed it and set it up to run with Assetto Corsa and gave it my name, then loaded up a 15 lap quick race against the AI, donned my VR HMD, and off I went.

By the end of the 3rd lap my jaw was on the floor. I wasn't expecting much from this, but consider my mind blown. It adds a total new dimension to AC, and in VR the additional immersion this provides is unbelievable.

The variation in dialog is amazing, and it's just unreal how the chief knows exactly what I'm about to try and what I need to do. Also the ability to "radio" requests back is just astounding.

To the crazy genius or geniuses who created this I salute you, and if I was to make one small request from you it would be to allow me to donate via credit card as, for various reasons I won't go into, I'm unable to use PayPal.

Stunning work. Absolutely stunning.

gmkump
23-05-2020, 23:40
I joined the forum a couple of weeks ago after downloading crew chief and finding out it far exceeded my expectations. Using it with Project Cars 2 (PC), VR, and motion platform cockpit and it is amazing. Didn't take me long to donate 225 GBP to this effort, which I hope the development will remain ongoing. Come on folks, give!

I saw some poll asking who was their favorite spotter. For me, all of them. I cycle through them all every race, even Jim. The variety is what is fantastic.

I hope this jewel of an application is going to support Project Cars 3 (PC).

Miguel
29-05-2020, 06:14
Hello! Loving the software so far!

suepatrick
22-07-2020, 19:04
Hello everyone! I really like the software.

Talladega75
09-08-2020, 22:12
Hey everyone I’m the new guy to this iRacing and this forum. I am looking forward to adding this to my iRacing setup. I was referred to this site via a YouTube video done by David Simpson. He has a lot of great video tutorials on iRacing.

Joshimuz
28-09-2020, 20:11
Hi posting so I can post links to help with a bug OK thanks bye

rickybobby
08-10-2020, 23:11
Hello!

I'm new to the sim scene. I'm planning out my rig but as of right now i'm playing PCars2 on my ps4. Definitely gonna need you guys help on this.

Traian87
31-10-2020, 21:55
Hi All, registered finally for the forum, what an amazing app!

jamol71
01-12-2020, 08:01
Hello everyone.
I just discovered this software and it seems incredible to me.

John Leptien
31-12-2020, 08:33
This is a great app. I'm glad I found it.

Clowrac17
30-08-2021, 11:11
Hi everyone. I am new here and hope for new knowledge and stuff...
BR.

VitzTeg72
06-02-2022, 18:42
Came upon this delightful app when I started playing Automobilista 2 and was missing my "engineer" from the F1 Codies games. Well, Jim's my engineer of choice moving forward regardless of game (AC, PC2, AM2, etc) - wonderful app! Especially appreciate the sweary messages, couldn't stop laughing at Jim's disgust when I spun during the start and ended in last place. Brilliant!!

Rick Abshier
09-02-2022, 16:17
I just started using iRacing this week and, although I'm heavy into flight sims, I'm enjoying iRacing and some other racing sims like ACC, F1, Grid, and even Wreckfest. I'm 71 and find that being last is often the case! I just used CrewChief for the first time today, and it is a very nice addition - although Jim was not happy with my performance!

RamjetRoger
18-02-2022, 23:07
I tried to download Crew Chief but received the message that this wasn't a common download and so I had to "trust" it. How do I do that?

Marvin
26-02-2022, 14:04
My name is Marvin and I just joined this forum. I hope to get to know everyone and have some fun discussions.

doOb23
27-03-2022, 14:47
Hi everyone,

Philippe aka doOb23. I'm a french calligrapher who love racing. Being a graphic designer too, I sometimes do liveries for fun.
I drive in TCR on Assetto Corsa and in GT4 and GT3 on Assetto Corsa Competizione.
I use CrewChief recently and I was so impressed with this software. That's exactly what I was missing !!
You are doing a very good job. Thank you very much.

KenMilesBehind
02-04-2022, 03:02
Hello, new to Crew Chief -- came over after the GPLaps video about it. I'm a horribly slow backmarker, and I'll use Crew Chief with GTR 2 and Assetto Corsa. My competitive racing experience consists of about 14 months (the last 14 months) racing with LoPeN (the League of Perpetual Novices), a "fun-only" league racing '67 F2s and '67 Sports Cars in Grand Prix Legends.

jmg0879
14-04-2022, 02:06
I've been using Crew chief since a couple of months, I'm mostly racing offline. I donated to you guys, very well deserved, keep up the good work!

Oscworth
01-02-2023, 11:35
I was recommended to try CC a few years back by an old friend, being an old man who didn't like spotters much in game I never tried it. (Huge Mistake on my part)
Yesterday I tried it and TBH it has blown me away how much more immersive it has made the driving. This adds a realism aspect I wasn't expecting.
Great work Thank you.

S.Cargo
11-02-2023, 14:54
Initially I did not feel the need for CrewChief, then I learned that it allows to play GTR2 (and more importantly for me, P&G) in VR, so I tried it and I am very very impressed with the great work done !
Now I realize it will also be useful with Assetto Corsa (these are the only games I use) even though I have quite a bit to learn about using it...
A huge thank you to the creators of this amazing software!

Ezequiel1717
04-03-2024, 21:21
Hello everyone! Excellent forum. I hope to learn more from you!