PDA

View Full Version : Request: "Get ready, going green!" message

Jocke64
28-06-2018, 13:46
As the topic says. Or have I missed it in the settings?
I would like the spotter to remind me a couple of seconds before we get the "green, green, green!" message. Very useful in multi class races such as IMSA when racing in the GT3 field for an example.
The built in spotter has this.

Thanks!

Sparten
29-06-2018, 05:42
I'll have a look it, it is possible to detect when the pacecar is entering the pits and react on that. so it should not be a huge issue.

Jocke64
29-06-2018, 06:22
Thank you!

Sparten
29-06-2018, 14:19
ive got some bad news, it looks like the pace car goes in same time or a bit later then lights turn green, and when on a formation lap/rolling start there is no flag for "StartSet" witch is what indicates the ready state in standing starts so cant use that. i'll keep digging and see if i can come up with something to solve this issue.

Jocke64
12-07-2018, 15:03
Maybe it could be triggered by the leading car exiting the last corner? Often we are 20-ish seconds back when the DP or leading GTE passes the starting line. It will give us some heads up.

Jplays
01-08-2018, 22:52
I think the default spotter in iRacing has the cue for rolling start "Pace car is pitting in, get ready". I wonder if you can see the cue trigger in spotter .dat files?

Sparten
03-08-2018, 06:23
I'l go check at the beginning of next week.

Davey_Rocket
11-10-2018, 02:51
I am also following this thread closely, and I'm also making a long overdue $$ contribution to you today. Thankyou for such an awesome tool and for providing my crew chief. I have motivational comments maxed out and also have turned off delay for spotter so that he just repeats calls two wide then immediately calls clear. Love it

FiveOO
15-10-2018, 14:16
We need this added to CC. It is important at the start of each restart. To complete CC, we need to incorporate green flag, yellow flag announcements and communications regard yellow flag conditions.

CC is not just about road racing but all racing.

FiveOO
25-10-2018, 15:00
Can we get the CC Spotter updated to include green flag, yellow flag announcements and communications regard yellow flag conditions?

Sparten
25-10-2018, 15:29
No one on the CC team drives oval so if you want better oval support we need traces from races! and not just 1 or 2 but alot as we need to have data from almost all possible senarios.
Here is how you can help the process of getting better oval support.
thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?142-How-to-collect-Crew-Chief-repro-traces

The Iron Wolf
25-10-2018, 21:28
No one on the CC team drives oval so if you want better oval support we need traces from races! and not just 1 or 2 but alot as we need to have data from almost all possible senarios.
Here is how you can help th eprocess of getting better oval support.
thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?142-How-to-collect-Crew-Chief-repro-traces

Just to add to what Morten said, we also need someone committed to testing, providing detailed feedback, guidance and a lot of traces. This is how oval support in rF2 was added, Mike Schreiner worked with us on that. Better yet, any experienced .NET programmer that races Ovals in iRacing is welcome to contribute, I think. In the end, highest quality support for features comes from developers actually using them.

ATeamM
16-11-2018, 14:03
I'm not a programmer but do work in IT. I try to do at least an oval race a week I could help get traces at the least. Been doing street stock this season which is always packed full of cautions which could help get that data a bit quicker.