PDA

View Full Version : SimBin games next ????

bigfoothunter
12-05-2017, 19:12
I must say, this is the BEST spotter available. Not sure how it could be any better. That being said, I'm spoiled. I'm hoping when you guys get time, you will start to getting all the simbin games working with this spotter also. I thought the add-on spotter i have in the simbin games, GTR,GTR2, GTL,Race07 & P & G were decent. Now when i play them, I notice right away the crew chief spotter is missing. Any word or comments adding SimBin to this spotter? Anyway, great work. Thanks for all your time you put in making this.:):):cool::cool:

Silvanob2
19-05-2017, 08:18
I must say, this is the BEST spotter available. Not sure how it could be any better. That being said, I'm spoiled. I'm hoping when you guys get time, you will start to getting all the simbin games working with this spotter also. I thought the add-on spotter i have in the simbin games, GTR,GTR2, GTL,Race07 & P & G were decent. Now when i play them, I notice right away the crew chief spotter is missing. Any word or comments adding SimBin to this spotter? Anyway, great work. Thanks for all your time you put in making this.

I second that fully ! since the start of Crew Chief i said to myself this app is a bomb, hope it will cover Simbin games too...never had the chance to ask this to Jim in the beginning cause i thought he had no time to invest in that. So there was just "raceroom" at that time if i remember good.
And today i had a look at the tab "about Crew Chief" and here i am seeing this tread :)
So yes....please think of implementing Simbin games too... beside, a big THANK YOU to Jim and the others that work on this great ap !!!! :):)

To you fellows racers, if you think like me this app is usefull (it became a necessity, cant drive without it anymore) then show your appreciation by donating to these guys, they really deserve it :)

Sparten
19-05-2017, 09:03
I'm sorry but i just had a look at what data is exported in thos "old" games and its simply not enaugh to make anything remotly useable for Crew Chief as its limited to local player only, there is no data for opponents, so adding something simple as the spotter function is impossible without hacking into the game.

This is data they supply:

class stru(Structure):
_fields_ = [
("float1", c_float),
("float2", c_float),
("float3", c_float),
("float4", c_float),
("float5", c_float),
("float6", c_float),
("engine_rps", c_float),
("max_engine_rps", c_float),
("fuel_pressure", c_float),
("fuel_left", c_float),
("fuel_capacity", c_float),
("engine_water_temp", c_float),
("engine_oil_temp", c_float),
("engine_oil_pressure", c_float),
("car_speed", c_float),
("number_of_laps", c_int32),
("completed_laps", c_int32),
("lap_time_best_self", c_float),
("lap_time_previous_self", c_float),
("lap_time_current_self", c_float),
("position", c_int32),
("num_cars", c_int32),
("gear", c_int32)
]

mr_belowski
19-05-2017, 09:07
yeah, that's way too little. Even the gap ahead / gap behind data isn't present :(

Silvanob2
19-05-2017, 12:40
I'm sorry but i just had a look at what data is exported in thos "old" games and its simply not enaugh to make anything remotly useable for Crew Chief as its limited to local player only, there is no data for opponents, so adding something simple as the spotter function is impossible without hacking into the game.

This is data they supply:

class stru(Structure):
_fields_ = [
("float1", c_float),
("float2", c_float),
("float3", c_float),
("float4", c_float),
("float5", c_float),
("float6", c_float),
("engine_rps", c_float),
("max_engine_rps", c_float),
("fuel_pressure", c_float),
("fuel_left", c_float),
("fuel_capacity", c_float),
("engine_water_temp", c_float),
("engine_oil_temp", c_float),
("engine_oil_pressure", c_float),
("car_speed", c_float),
("number_of_laps", c_int32),
("completed_laps", c_int32),
("lap_time_best_self", c_float),
("lap_time_previous_self", c_float),
("lap_time_current_self", c_float),
("position", c_int32),
("num_cars", c_int32),
("gear", c_int32)
]

Too bad, I was hoping for better news but ok its true that those tittle are "old", actually we had to ask that as some of us are "playing" Simbin tittles since the first one that came out and still are :rolleyes:
But who knows, a miracle is allways possible :cool:

Silvanob2
24-05-2017, 10:21
yeah, that's way too little. Even the gap ahead / gap behind data isn't present :(

Yes i understand....but what about a "very simple version with those limited data" just to feel a bit more immerse? even if there are no indications of who's around you, we would not feel so alone on the track. my feeling about it is that even a "basic version, with timing, status of temp etc" would be great, so if you guys find the time....:rolleyes:

mr_belowski
24-05-2017, 11:27
The problem with this is that even a basic version will be a lot of work and won't be very good. The app is heavily dependent on certain data being present. Missing opponent positions isn't a problem but missing sector numbers will make life awkward.

Silvanob2
24-05-2017, 17:11
I see...well we gonna have to live with that, actually we cant complain with the list you offer allready.

Thanks for your hard work, CC does a great job in the recent Sims and that is immensely valuable, see how we are allready addicted to your app :rolleyes: