PDA

View Full Version : Great App but... position and time incorrect, fuel calculation query

jam
19-02-2018, 12:23
Hi

Firstly please don't think I bemoaning the app I genuinely think it's genius but I have encountered a couple of issues I hope we can get sorted...

During 2 endurance races over the weekend as I passed the Start/Finish line I got my position read out to me however it put me 4-5 positions in front of where I was. At one point it even put me second (when I was 9th). It then went on to tell me the gap to the guy behind (glances at relative shows 5.5seconds) "2:15.5". I know I had a good pace but its not an entire lap. It did the first time but not the second. It also got confused about who was in front. I restarted the app but to the same information.

Secondly is there any way of getting it to give me the figures when I ask for how much fuel do I need. Instead I get "we have plenty of fuel" when in fact I finished with 1L left in the tank. I like to put a few more in myself at the pitstop incase the finish runs over 2 or more laps. Is there anyway of inputting it into Crew Chief so I can create a buffer like I did with SODE where I add 2 laps more of fuel???

Great app and thanks for all your hard work.

Sparten
19-02-2018, 20:08
Problem with wrong position is being looked into but from what i have been able to find out it seems to be related to max number of cars in the gfx settings, if that is not set to 64 the server will not send telemetry data for all cars and our live position calculation goes to into a mess.
I'm looking into adding a setting for user defined threshold for "fuel to the end messages/commands" sort of like in SODE but this wont be editeble doing the session and will have to be preset before starting CC.

Leeon
20-02-2018, 06:41
Hello, I experienced similar issue in iRacing, Mid-Ohio track, regular race for ~25 minutes, about 20 cars. In my settings I maxed out already car visibility to 64, but finishing 5th, CC congratulates to a podium. Also being 3rd once, I were congrats of winning the race.

Sparten
20-02-2018, 06:55
Session end position messages are bugged it seems like we are trying to pull the result before its ready so thats why your getting that wrong podium message. Positions doing a race might be a bit off sometimes, please read this http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?539-Position-feedback-incorrect.