PDA

View Full Version : No damage report

CerN
20-12-2017, 15:50
Hi.

Been doing some practise laps with the Skip Barber on Suzuka. When crashing the car into a wall, causing my wheels to be bent into weird positions, and my car to lose its nose.

And I ask for damage report/bind the damage report key, all I get is silence, and this logged in the application:

17:48:35.098 : Message damage_reporting/no_damage can't be played because there is no sound for text fragment damage_reporting/no_damage

The in-game spotter would say "You've got wheel damage!"

mr_belowski
20-12-2017, 16:13
looks like there are two issues here. The first is a problem with the sound pack missing some sounds - I've updated it and it'll be available soon (this is the "no sound for text fragment damage_reporting/no_damage" message).

The other issue is obviously that you *do* have damage - I'll have to check with Morten what's been implemented for iRacing damage

mr_belowski
20-12-2017, 16:21
having just discussed it with the CC iRacing expert, there's almost no damage information available from the game so I don't think we can do much here :(

CerN
20-12-2017, 16:37
Ok, that is unfortunate. Seems a bit strange that you can't grab at least some damage info, as the spotter packs for iRacing at least picks up on wheel damage, etc.

mr_belowski
20-12-2017, 17:09
I'll have a rummage around, see if there's anything we missed

RutgersKev
26-12-2017, 17:31
Ok, that is unfortunate. Seems a bit strange that you can't grab at least some damage info, as the spotter packs for iRacing at least picks up on wheel damage, etc.

They also know when you have "engine trouble" and also when you blow the engine.

Sparten
27-12-2017, 08:03
This:
WaterTemperatureWarning, FuelPressureWarning and OilPressureWarning,
is the only "damage" related data that iRacing exposes.

Sparten
27-12-2017, 09:02

Yes it is unfortunate, but we do not have access to the same data as the "normal" spotter pack(s) where the sounds gets triggered by the game internal data.

MobileChicken
27-12-2017, 09:37
Yes it is unfortunate, but we do not have access to the same data as the "normal" spotter pack(s) where the sounds gets triggered by the game internal data.

Is there a possibility you can create a bridge that when the iRacing spotter is triggered to certain events, CC can be triggered to reproduce its own iteration? Also including, crash and slow car events e.g. the spotter telling you to stay high or stay left etc?

P.S. I'm no coder so I may be talking rubbish here.

Sparten
28-12-2017, 08:32
They a good idea but its not going to work, sounds are packed into one file that loaded into the game so there is no way to link it to individual files.
Sorry guys we are going to have to live without damage reports in iRacing.

CerN
28-12-2017, 08:49
That's a shame. Thanks for the effort anyways. Guess all we can hope for is an iRacing API update.

Seth
02-02-2018, 06:22
iRacing is working on a complete Damage model overhaul that is due out sometime this year. It will be graphical and physical. Parts falling off and the like. Hopefully with that new model comes telemetry data that can be used for 3rd party apps like this.

Sparten
02-02-2018, 10:42
We can only hope they are going to expose it, but considering how paranoid they are that it will be used to gain an unfair advantage I'm bit sceptical that it will ever happen.