PDA

View Full Version : Corner names

BBKing
12-20-2017, 06:20 AM
I am playing project cars 2, tried the "read corner names" command, the command is recognised but I am not hearing the guy say any corner names. Any one know what could be the cause?

Thanks in advance.

mr_belowski
12-20-2017, 08:42 AM
this depends on the track. Some tracks have corner name recording and some don't. Also, not all layouts have the names - for example, Silverstone GP and National layouts should have them but the International layout might not.

Project Cars 2 also has some broken data coming from the game - some of the track names are corrupted in the shared memory data so Crew Chief can't read them.

Basically, it works only on some tracks :)

BBKing
12-20-2017, 11:23 AM
Thanks for that mate, I was trying it on Laguna Seca, but come to think of it i did not try this feature on others, i had just assumed it was broken. Will give it a try on some other tracks later today.

Hope SMS get the data fixed! Being able to put a name to a corner would be very nice for the learning of tracks!

Don't suppose you know of the top of your head if it works on Nurburgring? That would be ace!

mr_belowski
12-20-2017, 11:29 AM
Laguna Seca is one of the PCars2 tracks with a corrupted track name in the shared memory, so if they every fix this it should start working.

Nurburgring GP: yes, Nords: No. I did start the process of mapping the corner names for Nords but gave up half way through - I will finish it one day though :)