PDA

View Full Version : How to collect track Corner Data

The Iron Wolf
21-03-2017, 00:27
Beginning with version 4.8.2.0, collecting corners became even easier. Here are instructions for collection from CC help text. Feel free to send us your mapping for inclusion in the CC.
NOTE: if you see message similar "12:33:15.757 : 9 landmarks defined for this track" it means it is already mapped, though improvements are always welcome! :)

Track Landmarks(corner mappings) recording.
-----------------
Please, keep corner mappings tight (from turn-in point to corner exit). Do not include straights!
To get the best results, the begin-distance should be taken at your typical turn-in point and the end-distance taken at the point where your wheels are pretty much straight-ahead. For some corners this is easy and very clear, in others not so much so in those cases just use your best judgement.

To start recording a track landmarks file, the first thing you have todo is assign 2 buttons - one to start/stop the recording ("Start / stop track landmarks recording" action) and one to add start/end point ("Add Start / end track landmark" action).

Start a practice session and wait until you're on track then press the "Start / stop track landmarks recording" button, now you can start adding landmarks by pressing the "Add Start / end track landmark" button. The first press on the button will be start point of the track landmark, the 2nd press will be end point.
Once you have added all the landmarks press the "Start / stop track landmarks recording" butten to end the recording, this will produce a file called trackLandmarks.json located in C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\CrewChiefV4\track_landmarks\[game]\[track]\trackLandmarks.json.

Track Landmarks(corner mappings) consists of:
-Track Name or Raceroom ID and list of:
-landmarkName
-distanceRoundLapStart
-distanceRoundLapEnd
-isCommonOvertakingSpot (default false)

This file will contain default corner names ("turn 1", "turn 2" and so-on). All corners will have isCommonOvertakingSpot set to false. Edit the file to change the isCommonOvertakingSpot value to 'true' where appropriate. You can also modify the corner names in this file. Note that, if you want the app to use these corner names, they will have to exist in C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice\corner_nam es\

You can request new names on the Crew Chief forum.

Please share you recordings with the rest of the commmunity by uploading to the Crew Chief forum and we will include it in our next update.

To load your newly added landmarks file you have to restart the app!

The Iron Wolf
21-03-2017, 00:28
Jim, could you please add info on how to collect this stuff in a game independent fashion? I believe there's button in CC for that, or? :) Cheers!

mr_belowski
21-03-2017, 06:58
Indeed there is. Assign a button to "Print track and position info" (bottom of the actions list in the beta version of the app). Fire up a practice session and drive around. Press this button at the start of a corner and again at the end. It prints the track name or (for Raceroom) the ID, and the distance-round-track at the point when you pressed the button.

We need the track name as shown in the console (or ID for Raceroom), each corner name (or number) and the start and end distances. The corner distances shouldn't overlap but don't worry if you miss out a corner or two - it just means that app wont make calls for that missing corner. Try to keep the names or numbers consistent with the real circuit corner names / numbers but again, i appreciate that even these can be inconsistent so don't sweat it :)

davehenrie
21-03-2017, 07:26
I wondered what that option was

The Iron Wolf
21-03-2017, 13:44
Dave, thanks for Road America mapping. Just added one to our json.

One piece I overlooked, CC also uses a hint for each corner for which corner is a common overtaking spot and which isn't. I marked them all as overtaking corners, but please correct me.

The Iron Wolf
21-03-2017, 16:35
Added 2016 Road America, will send you .json. No unique corner names, but CC has generic names for turn1 etc.

davehenrie
22-03-2017, 02:27
I haven't used it yet, except to press the button to see if anything happened, the Print Track & Posistion info button, so I guess I should ask. How is the data saved? i.e. what folder and will I be able to identify the corners once I see the text?

davehenrie
22-03-2017, 02:33
Dave, thanks for Road America mapping. Just added one to our json.

One piece I overlooked, CC also uses a hint for each corner for which corner is a common overtaking spot and which isn't. I marked them all as overtaking corners, but please correct me.

The turns I sent in, several were either well known, (the Carousel & the Kink & Canada Corner) While several others are often scenes of mayhem, Sometimes T1, T5, T8, & T14. I did omit several minor bends and probably could drop a few others. T7, The Bill Mitchell corner rarely see passing situations. So I guess those last two might not be considered prime overtaking spots.

The Iron Wolf
22-03-2017, 02:33
I assume it is currently it is printed as text in CC console window, but haven't checked.

The Iron Wolf
22-03-2017, 02:35
The turns I sent in, several were either well known, (the Carousel & the Kink & Canada Corner) While several others are often scenes of mayhem, Sometimes T1, T5, T8, & T14. I did omit several minor bends and probably could drop a few others. T7, The Bill Mitchell corner rarely see passing situations. So I guess those last two might not be considered prime overtaking spots.
Ok, I'll modify mappings to consider all corners a passing corners, except for the last two.

The Iron Wolf
22-03-2017, 02:53
You can try selecting all Console text, (Ctrl+A) and pasting it into some editor, then search for " distanceRoundLap = " text.

davehenrie
22-03-2017, 03:51
Found it. I used this method to map VIR. Virginia International Raceway. Several great corner names.

The Iron Wolf
22-03-2017, 04:00
Great! I realized it might be actually better to paste data here, as an example. I'll add your mapping to CC tomorrow, thanks! :)

mr_belowski
22-03-2017, 07:32
Anyone got a list of the track-specific corner names we'll need to record for VIR? I'll record 'em today when I do the Road America set, then I think we've got to call it 'done' for this release and get it out today or tomorrow :)

Sparten
22-03-2017, 08:00
there are corner names in AC vir sections.ini, there are multiple layouts!

mr_belowski
22-03-2017, 11:00
just added some bunch of VIR corner name recordings - Vytautas - do you have the json for this track?

The Iron Wolf
22-03-2017, 14:06
Haven't received corner data yet. Will jsonize as soon as I get it. I don't think we should block the release, otherwise we'll start adding "features" :)

mr_belowski
22-03-2017, 14:09
well we're waiting for the Assetto Corsa patch to land as it might have moved some stuff around so Morten needs to re-test his damage stuff, so there's time :)

But you're right. Enough features now :D

The Iron Wolf
22-03-2017, 14:13
Got it. Just got corner data from Dave (thanks!), will jsonize in a couple of hrs.

mr_belowski
22-03-2017, 14:15
AC update has just landed too. I think we're go for a release today :)

mr_belowski
22-03-2017, 16:49
any luck with the json? Just committed some last minute fixes :)

The Iron Wolf
22-03-2017, 17:36
I just got to the computer, will create json now.

mr_belowski
22-03-2017, 17:42
ta :)

I'm going to make this release version 4.6.3.0. I know that means we've skipped 4.6.2.x but does it really matter? I'm just not entirely confident that Install Shield won't get into a panic if I increment the version to 4.6.2.10 - I'd rather leak a version number than rely on Install Shield not to do something stupid

The Iron Wolf
22-03-2017, 17:47
Done, pull the change Jim

The Iron Wolf
22-03-2017, 17:49
Being control freak I hoped we'll release something like 4.6.2, but who cares really, 4.6.3 it is and we'll start our work from there :)
What a teamwork ... you also added all the sounds, so VIR is fully covered at least for rF2... It's too bad track distances vary among games, but it is what it is :)

mr_belowski
22-03-2017, 17:54
Yeah, 4.6.2 is the *correct* version number but I just don't need the hassle of working around possible bugs in the auto updater and install shield. As for track distances varying, it's annoying but if this release makes a good impression I hope there'll be plenty of people keen to improve the mappings.

Just waiting on Morten to re-sync his .dll to the new AC build and we're 'go' :D

The Iron Wolf
22-03-2017, 18:12
Awesome. I'll re-check Spa data tonight. I am running and event with maxed out grid, but never heard location info so far (though CC announces incident, so slow vehicle detection works, and very appropriately - under yellow). Will be interesting to figure out if it is due to varying distances or not.

mr_belowski
22-03-2017, 18:17
is the startline for RF2 Spa before La Source or on the hill down to Eau Rouge?

The Iron Wolf
22-03-2017, 18:32
I believe it is before La Source.

mr_belowski
22-03-2017, 18:35
Ah, ok, was wondering if the pcars mapping would work better but the start line for pcars is after la source

davehenrie
26-03-2017, 07:40
Do we have a worksheet that displays both the tracks already in the Json and tracks that were specifically mapped for AC/Rf/Rf2 etc?

The Iron Wolf
26-03-2017, 18:22
Not yet. But you could search trackLandmarks.json using notepad++, ctrl+f, find all in current document:
Search "rf2TrackNames" (19 hits in 1 file)
F:\Repos\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4\trackLandmarksDat a.json (19 hits)
Line 5: "rf2TrackNames": [ "Bathurst" ],
Line 149: "rf2TrackNames": [ "Brands Hatch Indy", "Brands" ],
Line 188: "rf2TrackNames": [ "Brands Hatch GP" ],
Line 256: "rf2TrackNames": [ "Silverstone -- National Layout" ],
Line 289: "rf2TrackNames": [ "RaceRfactor Austria 2014", "Red Bull Ring GP" ],
Line 345: "rf2TrackNames": [ "HockenheimRing DTM", "HockenheimRing GP", "RaceRfactor Hockenheim 2014" ],
Line 490: "rf2TrackNames": [ "RaceRfactor Spa 2013" ],
Line 785: "rf2TrackNames": [ "Zandvoort" ],
Line 984: "rf2TrackNames": [ "RaceRfactor Monza 2014" ],
Line 1105: "rf2TrackNames": [ "Zolder" ],
Line 1159: "rf2TrackNames": [ "Road America" ],
Line 1231: "rf2TrackNames": [ "Road America 2016" ],
Line 1304: "rf2TrackNames": [ "VIR Grand Course" ],
Line 1364: "rf2TrackNames": [ "VIR North Course" ],
Line 1412: "rf2TrackNames": [ "VIR Patriot Course" ],
Line 1436: "rf2TrackNames": [ "VIR South Course" ],
Line 1472: "rf2TrackNames": [ "Mid-Ohio With Chicane" ],
Line 1538: "rf2TrackNames": [ "Mid-Ohio No Chicane", "Mid-Ohio Miller 200" ],
Line 1604: "rf2TrackNames": [ "Barber Motorsports Park 2015" ],

davehenrie
26-03-2017, 22:07
excellent! scrolling through the json file left me glassy-eyed. I guess I have short term.... short.....ter.....well I can't remember much at a time.. :)
We have some work to do!
Whoops! should be a VIR Full as well....I'll include that, it's already done. Laguna Seca...I mean Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway(LOL!) should be next followed by Mosport(Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) in Canada! I'm trying to think of tracks with named corners and those are two that come to mind first. The Rolex 24hr Road Course at Daytona, hmmm. Silverstone GP and Donnington in Merry Ol England. Imola ... Work work work....
:)

The Iron Wolf
26-03-2017, 22:32
Yess, I like that!
Keep in mind though, that even already mapped tracks do not necessarily match in different games, so, as some Sir said ,"just cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there" :) some checking is needed.

And your favorite corner is coming, kudos to mr_belowski, the awesome :)

davehenrie
27-03-2017, 01:34
Sunday night is family night, I'll start Monday on some new ones. Finding all the various versions is one of the problems we'll run into. I can't imagine how many versions of Spa are out there.

The Iron Wolf
27-03-2017, 01:40
You are right. Good thing is that mechanism allows us to map as many Spa's as we want, as long as they use different "Track Name".

Scoops
27-05-2017, 16:40
Excellent addition to the race sims well done guys. :cool:

If it's any help I've had a go at mapping the corners in a few tracks which I don't think are in there yet.

Croft
Cadwell Park
Knockhill
and
The various Oulton layouts

These were all done in rF2. Where there isn't a corner name which is rare in these older tracks I've referred to them as I would at the track so the right hander before.... as I think that sounds more natural for these tracks than turn 14 or whatever. I'll PM the .json

There are a few of us racing rF2 at Sig-Racing and at least a couple of use have started using this any chance of a few name additions? I'll add them to the other thread.

Scoops
30-05-2017, 23:22
Just had a thought while mapping some more tracks. Would it provide useful information if the pit limit on entrance and exit were mapped as well? Or at least a cars length away?

I seem to recall reading in a thread that this information isn't available in game but it could be used to provide warnings of excess speed before the pit lane if the pitting now button has been pressed?

mr_belowski
31-05-2017, 10:28
Nice idea, but the app doesn't know if the pit button has been pressed so it'd just be yelling at you every lap to slow down :)

Scoops
31-05-2017, 10:51
Ah ok wouldn't work then. Although would make a change from yelling at me to speed up :D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Iron Wolf
31-05-2017, 15:24
This is indeed a good idea. This issue is number one on known issues list for rF2: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?5-Known-Issues-Backlog

rF2 spotter was able to announce engage pit limiter message, so it should be possible to do using existing model, and sooner or later we'll get to it :)

Scoops
31-05-2017, 17:19
OK so I'll collate the data to keep in hand for the point at which the pit request become visible. If it doesn't then there is nothing lost.

mr_belowski
31-05-2017, 17:21
Thanks Scoops :D

Scoops
01-06-2017, 17:36
OK humour me. Why can't we map the same button to call a pit stop to an action in CC? Then hitting the button is listened for by both? To my simple understanding that would remove the need for the sim to provide the information.

mr_belowski
01-06-2017, 19:57
i did toy with the idea and might yet implement it but I need to be really careful about what behaviours it triggers and when. If the app holds an internal state 'pitstopHasBeenRequested' and this is toggled on / off each time the pit button is pressed, it's possible for the app's value to get out of sync with the game (a button press isn't processed for some reason), which could be a serious problem.

For a simple thing like "press button X and then the app will warn about pit limiter when approaching the pits on this lap" it could work - the game's internal state would get automatically reset at the start of the next lap.

I'll have a think about it

Scoops
02-06-2017, 10:56
I did think about the possible sync issue between game and CC. My only thought to deal with it is to have CC ask 'Do you want to pit or not' if you run passed the pit at speed. But that would need a confirmation button press or a verbal communication. And still a chance for them to remain out of sync.

Anyway I'll get back to the corners. I'll pm the next lot this weekend and add all the pit figures.

Scoops
04-07-2017, 23:06
I'm starting to come across more tracks that display the same name in game for different layouts at the same location. So far Paul Ricard, Daytona and Dijon Prenois. Daytona is already mapped as the trioval so will report as such when users are on the road course.
The only solution I can possibly think of is if CC can identify the length of the track to confirm which layout is loaded? Or ask the original author to repackage the tracks with names changed?

It would be a shame to miss out on certain tracks or have CC call incorrect messages.

The Iron Wolf
05-07-2017, 21:58
Hi Scoops,
Currently, there's no field in shared memory plugin to expose data allowing to distinguish between such tracks. I am working on a V2 of a plugin, and there's some information that looks promising (char mTrackType[ 32 ]; // track type from GDB). However, I will be busy for the next several months, so won't get to it anytime soon, but will eventually check this field, hopefully that'd be it.

There are ways to fix this, even if data is not available. You are right, cheapest way would be to use mLapDist to use as a secondary value to distinguish between tracks. But I personally would be against doing any of this for a subset of tracks that are poorly authored in my opinion.

Basically, we'll have to live with this for a bit.

Scoops
05-07-2017, 22:03
OK no problems. I'll keep a list of circuits where this happens and keep them out for the time being.

The Iron Wolf
05-07-2017, 22:19
OK no problems. I'll keep a list of circuits where this happens and keep them out for the time being.

Did a quick check mTrackType - that's not it, and will not be able to use it universally. Best bet for such tracks is to re-author them so that they use different name for each course. This is what majority of tracks does, and they should follow the majority approach.

mr_belowski
06-07-2017, 06:13
Can't we use track length? Where there are duplicate names add the length to the json. When getting the track data, if the match in the json has a length, this length must match (or be very close to) the length in the game's shared memory data

[Edit]

Just seen that you already suggested this. I agree that working around badly made content feels wrong

Scoops
06-07-2017, 07:31
I can only guess how easy that would be for you to do but with the Daytona road and oval I seem to recall they are authored by different people so not sure we could get an agreement for one to change?
I'm happy to collect the lap length as I map the corners where there are duplicate names for different layouts.
For the time being I'll leave any duplicates to one side.

mr_belowski
06-07-2017, 08:29
It's actually not difficult. Match on the name, if the resulting match has a track length in the JSON compare it to the length in the shared memory, if they don't match up keep looking for another match. I think it's worth adding this, even though strictly speaking it's not Crew Chief's problem.

Can you add another field to the JSON for these duplicates please - something like

approximateTrackLength: 1234.5

'approximate' because I'm assuming the length match won't be exact (so it can be used for other games' versions of tracks)

I'll do the code for it today

Scoops
06-07-2017, 08:34
OK no problems, I'll add the three locations with duplicates that I know of this weekend.

The Iron Wolf
06-07-2017, 15:58
Yes, all of this is doable - just wanted to mention that tweaking track name for unencrypted content in rF2 is fairly easy. Haven't done this in a while, but IIRC it's a matter of extracting .gdb, editing it, and merging it back. But sure, using approximate length, and picking the one with closest length will help many users :)

mr_belowski
06-07-2017, 16:54
All this is *done*, not doable. Of course, that means "done" in the CrewChief sense. So, completely untested

Scoops
30-07-2017, 22:06
I've mapped a few tracks recently that were historic layouts. Monaco 1966 for example. With the new realistic mode should these be flagged as pre pit radio in some way? Of course that would need a definitive date for pit radio introduction which I'm not sure I can find. 1984 seems a popular date for f1 but earlier for Indy car and earlier still for NASCAR?

mr_belowski
30-07-2017, 22:08
I think it's better do decide this based on car rather than track but I'm open to suggestions here :)

Scoops
30-07-2017, 22:12
You're probably right given that it would be odd to race a modern car at a historic circuit. You can after all turn CC off if needed for the full 1960s experience.

Scoops
17-08-2017, 20:19
Sorry guys been busy with real life. I haven't forgotten the corner names I'll get back on it in a couple of weeks when things get back to normal. I fully intend to map all the tracks I can find in rF2.

The Iron Wolf
17-08-2017, 20:22
Sorry guys been busy with real life. I haven't forgotten the corner names I'll get back on it in a couple of weeks when things get back to normal. I fully intend to map all the tracks I can find in rF2.
Man, you absolutely rock. Thanks for all your hard work so far, it is monumental contribution. Great example of community driven effort.

And of course, thanks to Jim for his continued vocalizations of corners :) really like this feature of CC.

Scraping Micha
10-11-2017, 17:59
Hi there,

What a great piece of software!!! Just found it a few days ago and fell in love immediatly! :)

I just started to play with the print track info and name corner in ac and in my ey... ears its a very useful feature. fantastic! :)

I started to print the nordschleife tourist and quickly learned, that i will not hear no other than "schikane", cause theres no audio for that track...

and that leads to my questions - sorry in advance if its too stupid, but i just explored the program...

1. can i record corner names by myself and use that audio in the program or is that impossible or is that planned in the future?

2. it would be nice, especially to learn a track quick to hear the corner names in advance, maybe with aditional hints, even on straights. "next corner Karusell, hold on to the Marshall-Box, stay low, medium throttle, exit over last right concrete,..." will there be "learner soundpacks" for tracks?? :)

would be awsome to be able to manage self recorded soundpacks. this way there could be multiple voices and variations for many more tracks for different skill levels. :)

or is this stupid??

greetings

micha

Scraping Micha
10-11-2017, 18:00
Hi there,

What a great piece of software!!! Just found it a few days ago and fell in love immediatly! :)

I just started to play with the print track info and name corner in ac and in my ey... ears its a very useful feature. fantastic! :)

I started to print the nordschleife tourist and quickly learned, that i will not hear no other than "schikane", cause theres no audio for that track...

and that leads to my questions - sorry in advance if its too stupid, but i just explored the program...

1. can i record corner names by myself and use that audio in the program or is that impossible or is that planned in the future?

2. it would be nice, especially to learn a track quick to hear the corner names in advance, maybe with aditional hints, even on straights. "next corner Karusell, hold on to the Marshall-Box, stay low, medium throttle, exit over last right concrete,..." will there be "learner soundpacks" for tracks?? :)

would be awsome to be able to manage self recorded soundpacks. this way there could be multiple voices and variations for many more tracks for different skill levels. :)

or is this stupid??

greetings

micha

Scraping Micha
12-11-2017, 12:28
Aloha,

tried to reply 2 days ago, but it never appeared.

so once again:

What a great piece of software that is! just found it a couple of days ago. :)

would like to know:

will it be possible in the future to record and manage audio messages by myself? that would be awsome. that way one could make "learning the track" messages for beginners... "next corner is karusell, stay down, just hold the pace, exit over the last right concrete spot,..., Break here! ...Full throttle now!" it could help so much to learn a track quickly that way, beacause you have an instructor on board.

the best ones could be collected in a database as soundpacks.

that was my first idea, when i explored the program and the "name corners for current track" and the "print track position..." option.

have a nice sunday,

micha

mr_belowski
12-11-2017, 13:50
"schikane" - there's a "chicane" sound which will sound the same I guess. But all the other Nords corner names will be missing. When Scoops does his mappings, he does the json with the distance data and I just add the missing sound files later - you're very welcome to do this for Nords and I'll record the corner names next week.

Regarding the 'learning the track' mode, I like this idea. A lot. Technically it's probably straightforward. The app would have to be run in a special mode where the 'talk to chief' button created a sound file instead of activating voice recognition. The app would also create a meta data file. Once you complete your lap, you'll end up with lots of short (2-3 second) sound files and a supporting text (json?) file. The text file will contain the car class and track name, and a list of lap distance -> sound file name mappings - e.g.

{
"GameEnum" : "PCARS_2",
"CarClass" : "DTM_2016",
"TrackName" : "Donington GP",
"InstructorCalls" : [
{
"distanceRoundLapTrigger" : 300,
"soundFileName" : "instructor/PCARS_2/Donington_GP/300_metres.wav"
},
{
"distanceRoundLapTrigger" : 360,
"soundFileName" : "instructor/PCARS_2/Donington_GP/360_metres.wav"
}]
}

(edit) - no idea why the forum keep splitting up that pseudo-json. Stoopid...

and so on

The sound file "300_metres.wav" might be something like "braking at the 200 metre board". "360_metres.wav" could be "dip your left side tyres into the pit exit to set up for Redgates", and so on.

You could record these as you trundle around at whatever pace you like, and they would play back when you reach the distanceRoundLapTrigger. We'd need an enable / disable toggle and a few other bits and bobs to tie it all together but it wouldn't be too fiddly. I think they might need to be class-specific as braking, acceleration and turn in points potentially very quite a lot. Same for different games. I suppose it might be possible to have a special 'generic' car class and game if someone created a set that were applicable for any game and car class but I'm not sure about this.

But here's where I need some guidance. I often like to add things to the app because they're technically interesting and achievable. This falls into this category. Would it actually be used? What do you think Morten and Vytautas?

Scraping Micha
12-11-2017, 14:26
hi,

yeah, i explored the "Schikane" sound, when i played around with the .json file and the nordschleife. :D was the only corner to be named, hehe.

i personally (beginner) try to learn the nordschleife since a few weeks and STILL cannot drive fast without leaving the boundaries.... :D i curse every lap loudly and it takes always 24 km to get to that point again, hehehe... frustrating... and "instruction laps" on youtube are helpfull, but there are 74 corners and many more hints in between to remember on track by myself... just too much for my old brain... ;)

greetings,

micha

Scraping Micha
12-11-2017, 14:36
And yes, if needed, i will help if i can! :)

since i m "quite new" at simracing and at the nordschleife it will take a while, but i will map that track down. And i will record all the corner- and straights and landmark names and if needed all additional stuff.

greets

micha

Scoops
12-11-2017, 15:13
I'm happy to map it as one of the next batch unless you really want to do it. Link below has the corner names

http://nurburgring.org.uk/bendnames/index.php

Scraping Micha
12-11-2017, 15:27
hehe, please dont take tahat "dialect". noone in germany pronounces as the lady does. ;)

i will just record all corners, maybe that is usefull for you, when recording the names. :)

i will do a spotter soundsetas well. what format do you prefer?? mono, 22.5khz, but what bitrate?? And how loud should the files be?? normalized to 0 dbfs or -6 dbfs??

totalbest
15-11-2017, 12:31
I just got to the computer, will create json now.

Scraping Micha
17-11-2017, 13:19
hi there,

so, i just started to map the nordschleife in AC and couldnt finish until i got every corner... did a couple of test laps and i think it works and the corner names come at the right spots. some important corners will be announced early enough to brake like wehrseifen and bergwerk... to test i recorded the corner names myself and put them into the corners folder, but i think it will be more consistent with the CrewChiefs voice, esp. when telling me, into which corner my tyres blocked...:D therefore you can maybe use my files to pronounce right. :)

the "hatzenbachbogen" and "hatzenbach" doesnt appear in the first lap, whyever... in the following laps they got named.

here are the files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/57bacj9u2w8th8z/trackLandmarksData.json?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3j905ov7cwpdz1g/NORDSCHLEIFE_corners.zip?dl=0

greetings

micha

p.s. to get orientation off AC i used this map: http://www.nordschleife-erfahren.de/wp-content/uploads/pdf/Streckenplan_Nordschleife-erfahren_V1.pdf

mr_belowski
17-11-2017, 13:53
Hey Micha,

Thanks for doing this, but I think that you've combined 2 separate pieces of functionality into one here. The corner name recordings aren't used by the pace notes function - they're used to tell the player where he's fast or slow, where he's locking up, and where accidents are. These are *not* used to warn about upcoming corners (this is what pace notes are for). So moving the landmark distances so they are in front of the actual corner entry will make the app's information about what's going on in those corners inaccurate. How different are the distances from the actual corner entry points?

Jim

Scraping Micha
17-11-2017, 17:49
hm, yes, you are right... :)

but it helped me alot. i already know the schleife quite well now... but to test a dozen times might bring that progress as well.

i tried to record via pace notes, but its kind of messy, when you make a second or third turn to record something. when overlapping it doesnt play everything, i guess.

BUT i played with the PACE NOTES and my curve-files and the metadata ... so at least the curves will be told. i plan to expand this, but since im no programmer, it will take a day or two :)

so heres the https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucpww0orpuidrgh/CrewChief_Pace_Notes_Nordschleife_Instructor_Micha _V1_Only_Corner_Names%28AC%29.zip?dl=0

- in win7 just put the "ks_nordschleife_nordschleife" folder into your
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\CrewChiefV4\pace_notes \ASSETTO_64BIT folder, get on the track and enable Play back Pace Notes with the assigned button from the available actions menu. Then all nordschleife corner names will be announced.

would appreciate if someone how knows the track better than me would check. :)

otherwise: have fun!

micha

p.s. NOTE those pace notes are for Assetto Corsa! I forgot to put it in the zip name, will do that later.

edit: done! :)

mr_belowski
17-11-2017, 21:39
hey Micha,

I re-filtered and trimmed your spotter sounds to keep them consistent with the existing ones - they're really good :D

The new sounds are here:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/spotter_Micha.zip

Can I include these in the next sound pack release?

I'll take a closer look at your pace notes and corners in the next couple of days

Jim

Scraping Micha
17-11-2017, 22:31
hahaha, YES YES YES! ;)

The Iron Wolf
27-11-2017, 04:04
Folks, collecting corners just got a lot easier (thanks Morten, you rock!). See the first post for updated steps.

Leeon
14-04-2018, 08:46
Hello, I did a mapping for Mid-Ohio track, using following track reference:

There is mostly same turn mapping for both variants, I assume we can use same land marks for both tracks (just the chicane variant will miss the chicane to be mapped).
Here are both variants zipped: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8r74k4m5ieec6kq/midohio.zip?dl=0

There are also couple of new corner names (some of them already exists):
The Keyhole
Kink
China Beach
Esses
Jump
Thunder Valley
Chute
Carousel

... I continue with mapping as those tracks comes to racing week, so I'll try to deliver 1 new track per week.

Tnadz
23-05-2018, 20:15
I may have missed this but is there a thread or pinned post of requested tracks to have corners recorded? Or at least a list of currently recorded tracks? I may dive into this for a lot of the Australian tracks but don't want to recreate the wheel.

The Iron Wolf
24-05-2018, 21:47
I may have missed this but is there a thread or pinned post of requested tracks to have corners recorded? Or at least a list of currently recorded tracks? I may dive into this for a lot of the Australian tracks but don't want to recreate the wheel.

Check the trackLandmarks.json file in CC install folder, it contains all of our mappings we had so far. Most of them are from rF2, collected by the forum user Scoops, but so far to my surprise tracks appear to be very similar between sims, so those mappings are used by other games as well.

Tnadz
24-05-2018, 22:01
Ok, awesome, thank you. I'll give a look-see and fill in where I can. Gotta give Mr. B something to do, right?

Scoops
11-08-2018, 08:45
The current list in game of rF2 circuits that have their corners named is as follows. Where there are duplicated listed that is because there are different versions of the same circuit created by different modders or a circuit has several layouts and each layout carries the same name. To find out in game if CC knows the corner names then ask him "Corner names?" and he will tell you the names as you drive through them from that point on circuit until the start finish straight.

If anyone wants to add to the circuits in game you may find http://www.racingcircuits.info/ useful for the corner names .

1966 Brianza
1966 Monte Carlo
200", "Snetterton200
300", "Snetterton300
60sHockenheim
75Kyalami
Adelaide 1988
Adelaide Street Circuit
Alabama Superspeedway
Apple Valley Speedway
Assen TT Circuit
Barbagallo_short
Barbagallo", "Barbagallo2013
Barber Motorsports Park
Barber Motorsports Park 2015
Bathurst
BATHURST2016
Belgium
Brands Hatch GP
Brands Hatch INDY", "Brands
Brianza 10K
Brianza Junior
Bristol Motor Speedway
Brookdale Speedway
CadwellParkSRW
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (after 2013)", "Mosport Park
Castle Combe classic
Castle Combe modern
Circuit de la Sarthe
Circuito Monteblanco Variante 1
Circuito Monteblanco Variante 10
Circuito Monteblanco Variante 10
Circuito Monteblanco Variante 2
Circuito Monteblanco Variante 2ch2
Circuito Monteblanco Variante 3
Circuito Monteblanco Variante 4
Circuito Monteblanco Variante 4ch3
Circuito Monteblanco Variante 5
Circuito Monteblanco Variante 6
Circuito Monteblanco Variante 7
Croft -- Road Course
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona International Speedway
Detroit 1988
Dijon-Prenois
Dijon-Prenois
Donington Park GP Circuit
Donington Park National Circuit
Dover International Speedway
Eagle Creek Speedway
Estoril 1988
Full Course
Guia_Circuit
Hermanos Rodriguez 1988
Hockenheim 1988
Hockenheimring
HockenheimRing DT
Hungaroring 1988
Imola 1988
Indianapolis - 2007 GP
Indianapolis - 2013 GP
Indianapolis - 2014 GP
Indianapolis - Brickyard", "Indianapolis - Oval
Indianapolis -- Oval
Jacarepagua 1988
Jacksonville Superspeedway
Jerez 1988
Joseville Speedway
Kansas Speedway
Knockhill11
Las Vagas Motor Speedway
Lausitzring Grand Prix long
Lausitzring Grand Prix short
lausitzring superspeedway
Le Bugatti Circuit
LeMans91
Lime Rock Park -- All Chicanes
Lime Rock Park -- No Chicanes
Lime Rock Park -- Uphill Chicane
Lime Rock Park -- West Bend Chicane
Loch Drummond - Long Layout
Loch Drummond - Short Layout
Long_Beech_2014
Longford 1967
Louisiana -- Indy Grand Prixp
Magnificent_Park_Endurance
Magnificent_Park_International GP
Magnificent_Park_National GP
Magny-Cours
Malaysian Full Loop
Mantorp Park
Martinsville Speedway
Matsusaka East Circuit
Matsusaka Grand Prix Circuit", "Matsusaka International Circuit
Matsusaka International Old Chicane
Matsusaka International West Chicane
Matsusaka Motorcycle Circuit
Matsusaka West - West Chicane
Matsusaka West Circuit
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Michigan International Speedway
Mid-Ohio No Chican
Mid-Ohio With Chicane
Mills Inner Loop A
Mills Inner Loop B
Mills Inner Loop C
Mills Outer Loop A
Mills Outer Loop B
Mills Outer Loop C
Misano World Circuit Grand Prix
Monte Carlo 1988
Montreal 1988
Monza 1988
Mores - Short Layout
Mountain Peak - Legends Oval
mountain peak speedway
mountainpeak road course
New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Nogaro
NolaMP -- B - Course
NolaMP -- C - Course
NolaMP -- D - Course
Norising
Norisring
Northside International Racewa
Nuerburg GP
Nuerburg Sprint
Oschersleben Motorsport Park
Oschersleben_MC
Oulton Park Fosters
Oulton Park International
Oulton Park International NC
Oulton Park Island
Palm Beach Intl Road Course
Palm Springs Road Course A
Palm Springs Road Course B
Palm Springs Speedway
Paul Ricard 1988
Paul Ricard HTTT
Paul Ricard HTTT
Paul Ricard HTTT
Pembrey
Phakisa
Phoenix
Pocono Raceway
Portimao Circuit
Portland International Raceway Chicane
Portland International Raceway No Chicane
Portugal GP Layout
Portugal GT Layout
Poznan Circuit -- Race Weekend
Poznan Circuit -- Track Day
PrinceGeorgeCircuit
RaceRfactor Austin 2013
RaceRfactor Austria 201
RaceRfactor Barcelona 2013
RaceRfactor China 2014
RaceRfactor Hungaroring 2013
RacerFactor Melbourne 2013
RaceRfactor Mexico 2015
RaceRfactor Monaco 2013
RaceRfactor Montreal 2013", "Montreal GP
RaceRfactor Monza 2014
RaceRfactor Singapur 2013
RaceRfactor Sochi 2014
RaceRfactor Spa 2013
RacerFactor Suzuka 2013
RaceRfactor Yas Marina 2013
Road America
Road America 2016
Road America 2016
RockinghamBTCC
Rouen 1955-70
Sachsenring
SaoPaulo GP
Sardian Heights Long
Sardian Heights Short
Sebring Club Course
Sebring Modified Course
Silverstone -- National Layout
Silverstone 1988
Spa Francorchamps 1988
Suzuka 1988
VIR Grand Course
VIR North Course
VIR Patriot Course
VIR South Course

deem
12-11-2018, 10:00
Would anyone be willing to share their corner data folder? I’m starting from scratch and it’s taking ages to do it by hand!

I’d be happy to make another donation to the cause if so!

I’m only running Assetto Corsa if that makes any difference?

mr_belowski
13-11-2018, 15:15
i don't understand what you want here. The file with the existing corner data is here:

https://github.com/mrbelowski/CrewChiefV4/blob/master/CrewChiefV4/trackLandmarksData.json

SirMaverick
30-12-2018, 07:49
I race Ovals in iRacing.
I dont know if its a stupid Question, but do we need Corner Data for Oval Tracks ?
If yes, i can record them.

mr_belowski
31-12-2018, 09:41
yes, we can use oval corner data so if you collect any from iRacing we can incorporate it. Here's an example for Alabama SS:

{
"rf2TrackNames": ["Alabama Superspeedway"],
"isOval": true,
"trackLandmarks": [{
"landmarkName": "turn1",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 300,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 780,
"isCommonOvertakingSpot": true
},
{
"landmarkName": "turn2",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 781,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 1260,
},
{
"landmarkName": "turn3",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 2240,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 2710,
},
{
"landmarkName": "turn4",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 1711,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 3180,
},
{
"landmarkName": "the_tri_oval",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 3500,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 4325,
}
]
}

SirMaverick
31-12-2018, 11:14
Ok, then lets go

SirMaverick
01-01-2019, 13:57
OK, i did some. But i dont understand 1 thing.
The Talladega above has 4 Turns, why ?
My Talladega have 2 Turns. Or i do somthing wrong. An Oval only have 2 Turns.

I´ve done...
Atlanta
Bristol
California
Charlotte 2018 Roval
Charlote Quadoval
Chicago
Daytona 2011
Daytona Oval
Dover
Talladega

I do more, when i understand it 100%

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7a4f51igm7wjs4h/iRacing_track_landmarks.zip?dl=0

mr_belowski
01-01-2019, 14:18
They call turn 2 the section from half way round the first corner to the end of the first corner. So turn 3 is the first half of the second corner. It's silly, but then so is oval racing :)

SirMaverick
02-01-2019, 07:12
Ok, understand it. So i must do all new.

SirMaverick
02-01-2019, 12:59
I´ve done some Tracks, now with the right Data. I upload it when i have finished all Oval Tracks.
I know its a stupid question again from me, but what can i do, or better, what can CC do with these Information ?

VitaminZeth
24-01-2019, 01:08
Hello,

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread, so I decided to request corner names here:

It is for Okayama Circuit GP version:
01: First corner [First Corner] (?1????)
02: Williams Corner [Jonathan WILLIAMS] (??????????)
03: Moss Corner [Stirling MOSS] (????) First corner [First Corner] (?1????)
04: Atwood curve [Richard ATTWOOD] (????????)
05: Back straight [Back Stretch] (????????)
06: Hairpin
07: Revolver corner [Revolver Corner] (?????????)
08: Piper corner [David PIPER] (????????)
09: Red Man Corner [Brian REDMAN] (?????????)
10: Hobbes corner [David HOBBS] (????????)
11: Mike Knight Corner [Mike KNIGHT] (??????????)
12: Last corner [Last Corner] (??????)
13: Main Straight [Main Stretch] (????????)

The text that is underlined is what I'm requesting to be recorded! If you're capable of getting it also in Japanese that would be a god send! - But that's just icing on the cake at this point ;) I would love the Crew Chief "Jim" variant voice (As of now I'm currently using my voice). If there can be variations included, that would be great!

The Iron Wolf
24-01-2019, 15:40
Hello,

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread, so I decided to request corner names here:

It is for Okayama Circuit GP version:
01: First corner [First Corner] (?1????)
02: Williams Corner [Jonathan WILLIAMS] (??????????)
03: Moss Corner [Stirling MOSS] (????) First corner [First Corner] (?1????)
04: Atwood curve [Richard ATTWOOD] (????????)
05: Back straight [Back Stretch] (????????)
06: Hairpin
07: Revolver corner [Revolver Corner] (?????????)
08: Piper corner [David PIPER] (????????)
09: Red Man Corner [Brian REDMAN] (?????????)
10: Hobbes corner [David HOBBS] (????????)
11: Mike Knight Corner [Mike KNIGHT] (??????????)
12: Last corner [Last Corner] (??????)
13: Main Straight [Main Stretch] (????????)

The text that is underlined is what I'm requesting to be recorded! If you're capable of getting it also in Japanese that would be a god send! - But that's just icing on the cake at this point ;) I would love the Crew Chief "Jim" variant voice (As of now I'm currently using my voice). If there can be variations included, that would be great!

What we do need is corner distances, please read the first post on how to capture them (output is .json file). Then, we could integrate landmarks into CC, and add missing sounds if there are any.

Scoops
11-02-2019, 21:31
I'm not getting much time to do anything at them minute but I was reminded the other day that at Silverstone Jim says Village in an interesting accent! ;)
I can only assume it's due to the Village corner in Paul Ricard ( I think I did PR first before Silverstone so there probably wasn't an Yorkshire version)

I can probably do Okayama file in the week for corner names if no-one gets to it first.

mr_belowski
12-02-2019, 06:40
Yeah, never thought of that. I'll have to rename village to village_en village_fr or something

Scoops
03-03-2019, 15:17
Okayama corners mapped and passed to the dev team. I'll leave the Japanese to @mr_belowski but I suspect it will be the default yorkshire :)

Scoops
04-03-2019, 12:17
As I use mainly rFactor2 I just checked how many tracks are mapped for corner names. There are 195 tracks mapped in CC to allows corner names to be called.

So which rF2 tracks have you got installed and you noticed don't have corner names? If you can post the track name as shown in the CC console below I will try to slowly pick these up unless you want to give them a try yourself? A download link to the specific track would be helpful.

I may regret posting this.....so no promises for all tracks as I do have a day job!

belaki
25-03-2019, 12:17
Is this the correct location for the landmarks file:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice\corner_nam es\

or is that actually supposed "corner_names"?

Also, I'm assuming CC wants to see a file named trackLandmarksData.json in there...

Thanks all!

Americana1108
19-09-2020, 02:44
What's the best way to map corners for ovals? On most oval tracks turns 1+2 and turns 3+4 kind of bleed together and either don't really have an entry or an exit. Right now I have the CC spotter off and am using the iRacing spotter with the CC crew chief and that's working well enough, but I'd like to contribute if I can. Just not sure of the best way to track the oval corners.

mr_belowski
20-09-2020, 10:06
i think it should be OK to just use the turn in point for T1 start, then the mid point of the corner for the end of t1 and the same lap distance (plus 1 metre) for the start of t2 - like we've done for Talladega:

"rf2TrackNames": ["Alabama Superspeedway"],
"isOval": true,
"trackLandmarks": [{
"distanceRoundLapStart": 300,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 780,
},
{
"distanceRoundLapStart": 781,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 1260,
},
{
"distanceRoundLapStart": 2240,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 2710,
},
{
"distanceRoundLapStart": 1711,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 3180,
},
{
"landmarkName": "the_tri_oval",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 3500,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 4325,
}
]
},

Imagineer
12-12-2020, 20:09
No notable change in the corners for custom made Assetto Corsa 2020 version of Circuit Zandvoort, except the trackname isnt recognized.
In the file 'trackLandmarksData.json', in line 1049 It seems like "acTrackNames" accepts more names, so if you could add "zandvoort2020" next to "ks_zandvoort:" (the original), that would be great.

Bonus:
One change in line 1097 in the general Zandvoort landmark name: "landmarkName": "the_chicane" was originally 'de Audi essen', so mapping it to "landmarkName": "the_esses" would make it much more matching without needing to record a new line.

joetantobr
02-02-2021, 00:03
I just mapped Charlotte Roval 400. Where do I send the file?
I'll be doing all Skip Barber tracks in this iRacing season.

Interlagos is this week track. It's already mapped, but did not work with iRacing. I just needed to add the name to the original in the trackLandmarksData.json

Sparten
02-02-2021, 06:48
You should be able to upload the file here as an attachment, just pack it as a zip or rar file.

joetantobr
02-02-2021, 16:11
Charlotte Roval
C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\CrewChiefV4\track_landmark s\IRACING\charlotte 2018 2019 roval

I called the chicanes "The First Chicane" and "The Second Chicane"

{
"trackLandmarksData": [
{
"rf1TrackNames": [],
"rf2TrackNames": [],
"gtr2TrackNames": [],
"acTrackNames": [],
"irTrackName": "charlotte 2018 2019 roval",
"pcarsTrackName": "",
"pcars2TrackName": "",
"ams2TrackName": "",
"accTrackName": "",
"raceroomLayoutId": -1,
"approximateTrackLength": -1.0,
"trackLandmarks": [
{
"midPoint": -1.0,
"distanceRoundLapStart": 153.9004,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 291.595245,
},
{
"distanceRoundLapStart": 372.02887,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 476.8634,
"isCommonOvertakingSpot": false
},
{
"distanceRoundLapStart": 596.7506,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 695.20166,
},
{
"distanceRoundLapStart": 707.786865,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 819.9311,
},
{
"landmarkName": "turn5",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 996.2265,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 1114.97534,
},
{
"landmarkName": "turn6",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 1153.40271,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 1272.35718,
},
{
"landmarkName": "turn7",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 1314.23633,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 1411.37683,
},
{
"landmarkName": "turn8",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 1458.28577,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 1575.031,
},
{
"landmarkName": "turn9",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 1723.2865,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 2211.20593,
},
{
"landmarkName": "the_first_chicane",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 2429.2373,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 2606.543,
},
{
"landmarkName": "turn13",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 2813.31885,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 3358.90186,
},
{
"landmarkName": "the_second_chicane",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 3440.779,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 3562.7644,
}
],
"isOval": false,
"raceroomRollingStartLapDistance": -1.0,
"iracingPitEntranceDistanceRoundTrack": -1.0,
"pitApproachPoint": null
}
]
}

mr_belowski
03-02-2021, 07:57
thanks fella, I've added that to the next build

KayTup
12-02-2021, 17:58
Just mapped out the full layout of 1966 Monza in AC, here's the json file! I'll map out the road course as well later today. Thank you!

Also, quick question, do you do corner names for mod tracks? I play the 1960's versions of tracks like Spa and Kyalami so I'd be glad to map those out as well. Thanks again.

Corner names in order: (Format: Full Name/Simple Name, either one works.)

1. Curva Grande / Curva Grande (Overtake: True)
2. Curva della Roggia / Roggia
3. 1st Curva di Lesmo / 1st Lesmo
4. 2nd Curva di Lesmo / 2nd Lesmo
5. Curva del Serraglio / Serraglio
6. Curva del Vialone / Vialone (Overtake: True)
7. Curva Parabolica / Parabolica (Overtake: True)
8. Sopraelevata Nord / Northern Banking (Overtake: True)
9. Sopraelevata Sud / Southern Banking (Overtake: True)

These corner measurements are all tested in AC and functional. I labelled all the spots where I most commonly see overtakes performed so hopefully that works well enough. Thanks!

KayTup
13-02-2021, 13:59
Just mapped out the full layout of 1966 Monza in AC, here's the json file! I'll map out the road course as well later today. Thank you!

Also, quick question, do you do corner names for mod tracks? I play the 1960's versions of tracks like Spa and Kyalami so I'd be glad to map those out as well. Thanks again.

Corner names in order: (Format: Full Name/Simple Name, either one works.)

1. Curva Grande / Curva Grande (Overtake: True)
2. Curva della Roggia / Roggia
3. 1st Curva di Lesmo / 1st Lesmo
4. 2nd Curva di Lesmo / 2nd Lesmo
5. Curva del Serraglio / Serraglio
6. Curva del Vialone / Vialone (Overtake: True)
7. Curva Parabolica / Parabolica (Overtake: True)
8. Sopraelevata Nord / Northern Banking (Overtake: True)
9. Sopraelevata Sud / Southern Banking (Overtake: True)

These corner measurements are all tested in AC and functional. I labelled all the spots where I most commonly see overtakes performed so hopefully that works well enough. Thanks!

Just noticed the attachment link is broken. I'll try again. 379

If it still doesn't work, here's a copy/paste of the .json

{
{
"acTrackNames": [
"ks_monza66:full"
],
"irTrackName": "",
{
"landmarkName": "curva_grande",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 945.56665,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 1420.25684,
},
{
"landmarkName": "della_roggia",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 1664.40869,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 1928.20264,
},
{
"landmarkName": "lesmos1",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 2129.77124,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 2315.02051,
},
{
"landmarkName": "lesmos2",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 2468.56,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 2665.78223,
},
{
"landmarkName": "curva_del_serraglio",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 2901.566,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 3078.35034,
},
{
"landmarkName": "curva_del_vialone",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 3512.15112,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 3926.0708,
},
{
"landmarkName": "parabolica",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 4775.79248,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 5262.11133,
},
{
"landmarkName": "curva_nord",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 6136.852,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 7376.635,
},
{
"landmarkName": "curva_sud",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 8258.614,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 9483.352,
}
],
}
]
}

mr_belowski
14-02-2021, 09:55
thanks geezer, that's been added to the next release :)

joetantobr
15-02-2021, 15:48
This week iRacing Skip Barber is Canadian Tire Motorsports Park.
It is mapped already, but is has the names all wrong.
It ignores turn 1 and It calls turn 2 as Turn 1, and from that, all corners are wrong.
So i remapped it.

Here is the file.

Canadian Tire Motorsports Park

{
{
"acTrackNames": [],
"irTrackName": "mosport",
{
"distanceRoundLapStart": 165.695084,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 363.5834,
},
{
"landmarkName": "clayton_corner",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 621.920166,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 928.3879,
},
{
"landmarkName": "quebec_corner",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 1062.76672,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 1358.18787,
},
{
"distanceRoundLapStart": 1652.10242,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 1820.96277,
},
{
"landmarkName": "moss_corner",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 1858.22131,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 2060,
},
{
"landmarkName": "turn7",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 2081.09229,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 2243.99365,
},
{
"landmarkName": "the_esses",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 3140,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 3610,
},
{
"landmarkName": "whites_corner",
"distanceRoundLapStart": 3620,
"distanceRoundLapEnd": 3825,
}
],
}
]
}

mr_belowski
20-02-2021, 11:16
thanks, i've added that to the next release

Chudy85
14-03-2021, 08:25
How can i check which tracks in assetto corsa competizione have corner names. So far i didnt heard any of them. Thanks for help

Jacob Klein
01-04-2021, 12:47
CrewChief was missing iRacing "spa combined" corner mapping, so I spent a couple hours making one.
See Attached. Hopefully it can get added into CrewChief. Thanks.

mr_belowski
01-04-2021, 13:01
super, will be added to the next release. As we have no recording for "schikane" I've changed this to "the chicane" for now

Jacob Klein
01-04-2021, 13:08
Thanks. I was actually looking for "chicane" in the "corners" audio files, and didn't find it, but I did find "schikane" and it worked per my testing. If you're sure you can't use that, then "the_chicane" would be okay, even thought the turn actually is called "Chicane" [ie: not the generic "the chicane"] :)

Jacob Klein
06-04-2021, 13:05
I made this iRacing "limerock 2019 classic" corner mapping. See attached.
Can you please add it into CrewChief? Thanks.

Jacob Klein
12-04-2021, 23:18
I made this iRacing "hockenheim gp" corner mapping. See attached.

mr_belowski
13-04-2021, 13:39
thanks Jacob, that's in the latest release :)

Jacob Klein
13-04-2021, 23:35
Thanks! Can you please explain these 2 terms, and maybe include the explanation in the first post? At Spa Combined, sometimes there would be calls of cars in wrecks when really they were just entering pits or exiting pits... and I'm curious if these terms would have helped. Thanks again.
- iracingPitEntranceDistanceRoundTrack
- pitApproachPoint

Sparten
14-04-2021, 06:32
The first one - iracingPitEntranceDistanceRoundTrack is used on oval tracks to check for when pace car enters the actual pit lane as there sometimes is a bug in the data send from iracing. and only has effect on FCY.
The other i think is used for other games that dont define approaching pits(the white line before pit entrance) if i'm not mistaken

Jacob Klein
27-04-2021, 00:56
I'm trying to improve an existing mapping.
Is there any way to have "Read corner names" use my new mappings (in Documents\CrewChiefV4\track_landmarks\IRACING\) to help me test my new mappings?
It seems like it uses the existing mapping, and makes it impossible to know if my corners are correct.

Heck, it even seems like I can't even use my own replacement mappings at all. It just uses the baked in ones every single time.

Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't it use my replacement mappings?

mr_belowski
27-04-2021, 08:33
It's a *long* time since i was in this code but looking at it again, I think it's a bug. The app loads the default track landmarks file then loads any user-created landmark files and adds the user created stuff to the end of the list of landmark data. When the app looks up landmarks for a given track, it iterates through this list of landmark data and pulls out the first one it finds.

The solution is to insert the user created landmarks to the start of the list, not the end of the list.

I'll fix it, thanks for testing all this stuff

Sparten
27-04-2021, 10:01
One thing to keep in mind, this track landmark mapping might fit better on another game so chainging it for all the games might be a bad idea, best is to remove the iracing (irTrackname:....)reference from the mapping and make another mapping for that, most of the tracks landmarks was made in rf2.

Jacob Klein
11-05-2021, 23:57
For Road America --- "roadamerica full" --- In iRacing, I noticed that it was missing a few turns that could be called out, the turn locations weren't quite great, and the "isCommonOvertakingSpot" wasn't perfect.
I've updated it! See attached.
Note: I carefully looked at the corners, and I believe this can be used for all of the sims, so .. I think you can replace the turns you have, with these turns, and it should work great.

Can you please use these corners for that track? Thanks.

Jacob Klein
12-05-2021, 00:28
And check this too :)

I made this iRacing "phillipisland" corner mapping. See attached.

Jacob Klein
13-05-2021, 12:50
Okayama Full
... had some glaring typos that broke calling of the last few corners. So I remapped it to be as accurate as I can.

Can you please fix "irTrackName" on the built-in, and also use these corners for that track? Thanks.

Jacob Klein
13-05-2021, 12:52
Okayama Short
... I also updated these.

Can you please fix "irTrackName" on the built-in, and also use these corners for that track? Thanks.

Jacob Klein
14-05-2021, 10:39
Monza

It seems that the locations are completely broken for iRacing. Maybe iRacing has a different start/finish line or something. So for this track, we'll create an "iracing-specific" mapping. And correct corner names (but not locations) on the non-iRacing one.

Please:
- Removing the existing "irTrackName" from the existing mapping
- Implement the iRacing-specific mapping using the attachment
- Change the non-iRacing-version's corner names to match the corner names I have here, as there were some corrections. But don't edit their locations.

Thanks.

mr_belowski
15-05-2021, 11:06
thanks for all this work fella, these updates will be in this weekend's release

Tim Holmes
26-07-2021, 20:51
HI Guys -- could you please explain the intended use case for the landmarks feature for Crew Chief?

THanks
TIM

The Iron Wolf
26-07-2021, 21:27
HI Guys -- could you please explain the intended use case for the landmarks feature for Crew Chief?

THanks
TIM

I can think of 3 things right away:
* Calling out incident locations
* Give you info about where the opponent is faster or slower than you
* Tell you where you lock/spin your tires

I am sure I forgot something, but having track mapped improves experience significantly, and that's first thing I do when I am setting up the new event. Often, thanks to the people who previously did a lot of work to map tracks, mapping is just a matter of adding ID/Name from your game to an existing track mapping from another game.

Tim Holmes
26-07-2021, 21:34
Oh, is that where the "Theres a wreck in xxx comes from?"

The Iron Wolf
26-07-2021, 21:52
Oh, is that where the "Theres a wreck in xxx comes from?"

correct - that's how CC knows how to call certain track area.

warms
10-02-2023, 06:12
iRacing Tsukuba 2000 Full
(tsukuba 2kfull)

CT128
12-05-2023, 12:27
Hello,

with iRacing's Ring 24h coming up, here are landmarks for the iRacing Nordschleife and Gesamtstrecke variants.

I went with putting Klostertal after Mutkurve, since Mutkurve is in the middle of the Klostertal section and the Klostertal bends leading up to Mutkurve are less significant.
I've included the start of Döttinger Höhe straight and Tiergarten as per the signs because there is CrewChief audio for it, although these sections are not turns.
T13 (onto Nordschleife), Sabine-Schmitz-Kurve (ex Nordkehre) and Posten 147 (uphill to Hohe Acht) don't have audio and were left out.

The measurements for the 73 turns as per the Nurburgring website and the Nordschleife-erfahren track guide with 33 lefthanders and 40 righthanders, and the offsets for stitching the track variants together are saved in a Google Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_V37s1RYI27ae3FRUxe0WzcSux6pe_vykGWfdlfGWIg

CT128
10-06-2023, 16:27
Hello,

the iRacing version of "Sebring Club Course" currently has its landmarks listed under "sebring club course" (with three spaces, which the forum won't show) instead of "sebring club" (with one space).

Here is a list of the iRacing tracks that have CrewChief landmarks, if anyone is curious.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1un7G1qGc_h0z-yQLmvpAEiFxDOFPSmShE82iriDyfRY/edit#gid=20813536&fvid=440170382

barber full
barcelona gp
bathurst
belleisle
brandshatch grandprix
brandshatch indy
charlotte 2018 2019 roval
daytona 2011 road
donington gp
donington national
hockenheim gp
hungaroring
imola gp
knockhill international
lagunaseca
limerock 2019 classic
limerock chicane
limerock full
montreal
monza full
mosport
okayama full
okayama short
oschersleben gp
oulton fosters
oulton international
oulton inthislop
oulton islandhistoric
phillipisland
roadamerica full
sebring club
sebring international
spa combined
spa up
spielberg gp
tsukuba 2kfull
zandvoort grandprix
zolder gp

For NASCAR ovals, I've collected the landmarks data.

atlanta quadoval
atlanta 2022 oval
bristol
bristol dirt
bristol dirt 2022
bristol fullpit
california oval
charlotte 2018 oval
chicagoland
darlington
daytona oval
daytona 2011 oval
dover
gateway oval
homestead oval
homestead ovalindy
indianapolis oval
indianapolis ovalindypit
indianapolis 2022 oval
iowa oval
irp
kansas oval
kentucky oval
kentucky 2020 oval
lacoliseum
martinsville
michigan
michigan 2018
milwaukee
nashvilless
newhampshire oval
northwilkesboro
phoenix oval
phoenix 2021 oval
phoenix 2021 ovalopen
pocono oval
pocono 2016
rockingham oval
richmond
talladega
texas oval
texas 2020 oval
vegas oval

For some odd car merely leaving the pits, there may sometimes be a call due to "an incident in <landmark>". I take it CC was unable to identify the car by its race position, although it has been set up to and successfully identifies the cars in actual accidents.

Therefore, when CC updates its race position for that car that has left the pits, it will seem as if the car has lost places, triggering the call. It could be something like the position changing to 12 from -1 or 0. (I've read the comments in the code that say the data by iRacing can be inconsistent. I haven't been able to spot that visually; it would be a split-second glitch.)

The bug requires CC to have been running for a few minutes already; it's not instantaneous.
It's not sensitive to the distance the car has moved.
Increasing the announcement delay hasn't helped either. In one case, the call shifted to one of the cars behind.
Removing the landmark did work.

Road courses with short distances between the pit exit and a landmark might also be affected, but I haven't tested that.

Race positions in iRacing are updated as cars claim their positions in crossing the start/finish line; race positions aren't being updated continuously around the track. I guess that means the data is less useful for incident calls to begin with.

Easy fix for the bug could be to have an option to disable the loss-of-position check in iRacing?
Alternatively, the incident call could be suppressed unless the car's race position has been identified by CC.

If you need me to put a note on the Gitlab page, please let me know.

Thank you, CrewChief team, for your great work!

thomas.stevens
25-08-2023, 11:33
1. Collecting Corner Mapping Data:

Version 4.8.2.0 of Crew Chief or later is recommended.
The aim is to map corners, not straights, for accurate results.
Define a clear turn-in point and corner exit for each corner.
Begin-distance: Your typical turn-in point.
End-distance: Point where your wheels are nearly straight.
Some corners might not have a clear transition; use judgment.

2. Setting Up Recording:

Assign two buttons for recording:
One for starting/stopping recording ("Start / stop track landmarks recording").
One for adding start/end point ("Add Start / end track landmark").
Start a practice session and wait on the track.

For automated data enrichmen (https://www.globaldatabase.com/empower-your-business-growth-with-b2b-data-enrichment-a-comprehensive-guide)t, follow the steps below:

Collecting Corner Mapping Data:

Version 4.8.2.0 of Crew Chief or later is recommended.
The aim is to map corners, not straights, for accurate results.
Define a clear turn-in point and corner exit for each corner.
Begin-distance: Your typical turn-in point.
End-distance: Point where your wheels are nearly straight.
Some corners might not have a clear transition; use judgment.

Setting Up Recording:

Assign two buttons for recording:
One for starting/stopping recording ("Start / stop track landmarks recording").
One for adding start/end point ("Add Start / end track landmark").
Start a practice session and wait on the track.