PDA

View Full Version : Causing iRacing sound to fail after a few minutes.

Arcaias
22-11-2017, 18:29
After installing crew chief, i restarted my computer and tried to practice in iRacing with the new spotter. I loaded up the game and turned my in-game spotter off so it would not play at the same time as crew chief. After only a couple laps around daytona the in-game sound crashed, it wouldn't even hear the mic anymore when I pressed my push-to-talk button the mic symbol showed up but no sound showed up on the little green oscilloscope. The only sound i could still hear was the crew chief working as it should, it just killed my in-game sound. I had to restart the sim to get my sound back, but the problem just occurred again. I tried running crew chief as admin. in windows options, yet the problem still occurs.

Sparten
22-11-2017, 19:52
Are you running with NAudio enabled ?, if not try to enable that in properties menu of Crew Chief. Else try and disable it.

corbs
22-11-2017, 21:27
I'm having the same issue since updating earlier today, only way to get sound back is to open and leave the options.

Sparten
22-11-2017, 21:41
Have you tried what i suggested above ?

mr_belowski
23-11-2017, 07:02
If you guys could post your app settings file (its something like c:/Users/[user name]/AppData/local/Britton_IT_Ltd/4.8.1.9/user.config)

Along with the app's console output when it does this (if you have it) it would be helpful

mr_belowski
23-11-2017, 15:42
I made a few tweaks to the error handling in the nAudio pipeline in the app - it would be helpful if you could try this beta and see if it improves matters

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?38-Beta-Test-Thread&p=605&viewfull=1#post605

corbs
23-11-2017, 18:06
Have you tried what i suggested above ?
Not yet as i only saw that after i finished racing for the night will give it a go tonight

If you guys could post your app settings file (its something like c:/Users/[user name]/AppData/local/Britton_IT_Ltd/4.8.1.9/user.config)

Along with the app's console output when it does this (if you have it) it would be helpful

Couldnt upload the file to the forum so its in my google drive, i didn't keep the console output unfortunately.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lk6GjI4l9_CwWCvxt472Ac-G38JnwTAn/view?usp=sharing

mr_belowski
23-11-2017, 18:21
From your setting file, you're running the app close to it's default configuration. So it should be pretty safe as this is how the app has been since forever. So I'm baffled. Could this issue be related to another app you have running?

The Iron Wolf
23-11-2017, 19:41
Are you running CC and iRacing through the same sound card/speakers?
Next time this happens see if audio device is muted in windows mixer.