PDA

View Full Version : After last Update (4.8.1.0) Posting Initialising- Unable to find the specified file

SolidEVOSnake
03-11-2017, 02:18
Hello mates.

First I have to say, I love this great App, and I can`t drive well without it ( in PC2)

Im using the App for quiet long Time and it worked very well.

But since the update today its not working again.

I start the app and I hear the "Radio Check" message. But when I start the Game (from Steam) its promting : Initialising - Unable to find the specified file. :(

I already changed the "pCars2 launch exe(text) in the properties Box to the right path. (including "save and restart")

(I also tried to correct the path inside CrewChiefV4.exe.config File)

After the restart of the App the right path is showing in the "pCars 2 launch exe (text) Box, but when I start the game its still promting : Unable to find specified file.

Can somebody help me ?

(btw the "pCars 2 launch params (text) Box is empty . Should I type something in ? )

Thanks

Solid

The Iron Wolf
03-11-2017, 03:09
Hello mates.

First I have to say, I love this great App, and I can`t drive well without it ( in PC2)

Im using the App for quiet long Time and it worked very well.

But since the update today its not working again.

I start the app and I hear the "Radio Check" message. But when I start the Game (from Steam) its promting : Initialising - Unable to find the specified file. :(

I already changed the "pCars2 launch exe(text) in the properties Box to the right path. (including "save and restart")

(I also tried to correct the path inside CrewChiefV4.exe.config File)

After the restart of the App the right path is showing in the "pCars 2 launch exe (text) Box, but when I start the game its still promting : Unable to find specified file.

Can somebody help me ?

(btw the "pCars 2 launch params (text) Box is empty . Should I type something in ? )

Thanks

Solid

Could you try shared memory pcars2 mode?I don't own pcars2, but current update in Project CARS2 mode is for reading PC2 shared memory, you need to enable it in the game settings. I am guessing here but you might be able to run PC2 in PC1 mode, depending on in game settings.

mr_belowski
03-11-2017, 07:20
You'll get that error if you run the app in pcars 2 mode but have the game set to pcars 1 mode for shared memory