PDA

View Full Version : PCars 2 Support

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 13:54
In case anyone's wondering, Crew Chief works well with PCars2. Currently, the game only supports the old PCars1 data format so the app is already compatible and fully working (subject to the existing limitations in the PCars1 data - things like opponent tyre selection are unavailable).

When SMS finalise and publish their PCars2 data format the app will be enhanced to take full advantage of it.

Note that this applies to the PC app and the Android app - both should work with PCars 2. The PS4 and XBox versions of PCars2 don't have UDP data output at the moment - this is coming in a patch, apparently.

MancSlo
22-09-2017, 15:59
Do we need something to install into PC2?

mr_belowski
22-09-2017, 16:02
No, just enable shared memory from the apps menu

Daimian
22-09-2017, 19:51
For Pcars2 is the network or shared memory method preferred?

Tobbe
26-09-2017, 11:43
No, just enable shared memory from the apps menu

Hi there mr_belowski

I have enabled shared memory from the apps menu in PC2 but I don't hear anything from Crewchief !
Works great in Assetto Corsa though !

Any suggestions?

mr_belowski
26-09-2017, 11:56
It should just work - select pCARS 2 mode from the game list, and enable shared memory (pCARS 1 mode) in-game

Tobbe
26-09-2017, 12:06
It should just work - select pCARS 2 mode from the game list, and enable shared memory (pCARS 1 mode) in-game

That's exactly what I did but I will have another look at it once I come home !

Thanks for the swift relpy !

Tobbe
26-09-2017, 17:01

Working now !

I'm not sure but I think I changed Shared Memory from "Project Car" to "Project Cars 2" ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This works:

Shared Memory = Project Cars 2

UDP Frequency = 1

UDP Protocol = Project Cars 2

A question:

Does changing "UDP Frequency" ( 1-9 ) improve anything ?

Thanks

oOBATOo
26-09-2017, 17:15
Working now !

I'm not sure but I think changed Shared Memory from "Project Car" to "Project Cars 2" ;)

This works:

UDP Frequency = 1

A question:

Does changing "UDP Frequency" ( 1-9 ) improve anything ?

Thanks

Not sure that it does Tobbe! Can you confirm those settings have you got project cars in project cars 1 mode? Or have they enabled the udp in project cars 2:confused:

Tobbe
26-09-2017, 17:46
Not sure that it does Tobbe! Can you confirm those settings have you got project cars in project cars 1 mode? Or have they enabled the udp in project cars 2:confused:

These settings in PC2 works

UDP Frequency = 1

I was just wondering if it makes any difference increasing UDP Frequency ?

blackdolphin69
03-11-2017, 15:57
How do I enable shared memory? Sorry I am struggling.

mr_belowski
03-11-2017, 16:26
from the pcars2 options screen, there's a tile for "external apps" or something like that. Set it to PCars2 Shared Memory

blackdolphin69
03-11-2017, 16:38
from the pcars2 options screen, there's a tile for "external apps" or something like that. Set it to PCars2 Shared Memory

Mine only has 2 options frequency and the not shared memory option. i can get it working via windows but no sound to my ps4 headset. is that an option? Thanks

mr_belowski
03-11-2017, 16:45
PS4? Ah, there's no shared memory there, only UDP. You'll have to stick with PCars1 mode for the time being until SMS finish their UDP update

blackdolphin69
03-11-2017, 18:19
PS4? Ah, there's no shared memory there, only UDP. You'll have to stick with PCars1 mode for the time being until SMS finish their UDP update

mr_belowski
04-12-2017, 09:55
Quick update on PCars2 UDP support...

SMS have made some changes to the UDP format and they have neither documented or (as far as I can see) tested these changes. The changes would have broken the app if it used PCars2 UDP format because of changes in the data layout and new bugs.

The lack of documentation and the instability of the UDP data mean I really can't continue work on adding this until SMS sort out the mess. Sorry guys. This is incredibly frustrating for me and SMS don't seem interested in supporting 3rd party app developers at the moment. Hopefully this will change.

mr_belowski
13-12-2017, 11:40
apparently it won't change

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58815-Ian-sit-rep-on-API-amp-DS-etc-Please-(

<sigh>

kingtin
14-12-2017, 06:43
Delete

kingtin
14-12-2017, 06:44
apparently it won't change

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58815-Ian-sit-rep-on-API-amp-DS-etc-Please-(

<sigh>

Disappointing communication from Ian...

@mr_belowski I'm unable to get Crew Chief to launch Project Cars 2 (on PC). I can hear you in-game, but cannot get the game started from Crew Chief...

I have a thread here (http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?316-Crew-Chief-won-t-launch-Project-Cars-2) on your forum.

Thanks for any help. :)

da_clip
19-04-2018, 21:18
In case anyone's wondering, Crew Chief works well with PCars2. Currently, the game only supports the old PCars1 data format so the app is already compatible and fully working (subject to the existing limitations in the PCars1 data - things like opponent tyre selection are unavailable).

When SMS finalise and publish their PCars2 data format the app will be enhanced to take full advantage of it.

Note that this applies to the PC app and the Android app - both should work with PCars 2. The PS4 and XBox versions of PCars2 don't have UDP data output at the moment - this is coming in a patch, apparently.

Can we hope in having the patch soon? Thks

da_clip
02-06-2018, 10:35
When we can hope to have the PCars2 UDP support patch for PS4 game? Thks

The Iron Wolf
02-06-2018, 18:25
As far as I know the problem is game's UDP data broken pretty much. So you may want to ask SMS to fix their stuff.

da_clip
02-06-2018, 18:42
Now I understand. Many thks.

sickhead racing
23-09-2018, 10:56
Is the Project Cars 2 protocol still not supported or am I doing something wrong? Works fine with Project Cars 1 protocol. Also I'm a little confused there's no Project Cars 2 UDP option available. I'm using other apps too and they are Project Cars 2 protocol only and I would love to combine them with Crew Chief while racing.

mr_belowski
23-09-2018, 12:14
The pcars 2 UDP data has broken / missing driver names, broken / missing car class names, and lots of other issues. Most of these issues don't affect dashboard apps and stuff but do impact crew chief. They've all been raised with SMS, who alternate between being interested and enthusiastic about fixing them, and completely ignoring them.

They've also introduced breaking changes to the protocol without documenting them or warning anyone. I just can't justify investing time into it when it's like this

sickhead racing
23-09-2018, 12:20
Perfectly understandable...so annoying how SMS handles some stuff and their lack of transparency with things. Guys like you make such great tools and it should be in SMS's interest to support developers with at least some adequate documentation.

mr_belowski
23-09-2018, 12:34
I might take another look at it over the next few weeks, but the general consensus is that it's still not really useable. I've not investigated it since I got pissed off with the bugs and the pcars forum moderators issuing warnings to me for complaining about it

mr_belowski
23-09-2018, 13:14
<sigh>... well that didn't go so well:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?65002-pCars2-UDP-question

Like I said, it's an exercise in frustration and a total waste of time.

To be clear, I'm happy to do a bit of detective work and a bit of working-around issues, but the pCars2 UDP stream presents so many barriers that it goes way past my limits of patience and perseverance