PDA

View Full Version : Plans for the next release

mr_belowski
04-03-2017, 11:07
Hey fellas,

Thought it'd be nice to keep a discussion going about what's planned for the next release. Sometimes this will go quiet for a while, sometimes it'll be full of interesting things :).

From my perspective, I'd like to get proper sector-based yellow flag messages and full course yellow support in Autimobilista, along with some general AMS bug fixes. This is based on Vytautas' work for rF2 and seems like an easy port.

The other thing I'm considering is bringing the personalisation stuff into the app properly, so it gets downloaded as an add-on sound pack by the app, and the app allows the user to select his own name from a big list.

I'd also like to add another batch of recordings to increase the variety of the existing messages, but this isn't tied to a particular app release.

mr_belowski
04-03-2017, 21:12
Just finished adding the personalisations to the main app, so now it looks like this:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/Untitled.png

The personalisations are downloaded like the driver names and sound packs, with the same update notification process. It seems to work very nicely, but if you change the selected personalisation from that list you need to restart the app for it to take effect

Sparten
05-03-2017, 08:30
You can add even more awesomeness to the list just by adding "Morten" to it :)

Mr Chip
05-03-2017, 09:42
Great work you two - this really is the best app for AC and I couldn't imagine not using it to race now :-)

mr_belowski
05-03-2017, 10:00
Morten - I'll add you to the magic list today, along with 10 or 20 others I've got in my backlog :)

How's the AC timing fix coming on? Shall I wait for you to make your changes before I release this? I'm (nearly) ready to push an update

Sparten
05-03-2017, 11:02
I'll go test it now, forgot all about it was so exited playing with VR. i'll be back in a few short races.

mr_belowski
05-03-2017, 11:16
You're now in the personalisations list Morten (along with Vytautas and a bunch of other names) - you should be prompted for Personalisations update when you start the app. I fixed a couple of other issues with the restart logic - if you want a proper build, it can be downloaded here:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.6.1.0.msi

I think I'm 'done' for this release, so I'm just waiting for any changes you and Vytautas want to add - as far as I know the main AC one is the lap time data sometimes being out of date

Sparten
05-03-2017, 11:42
Thanks alot!, there should be a merge request ready for you, it seems to have done the job of fixing AC lap data.

mr_belowski
05-03-2017, 12:05
nice one, that's now merged

Vytautas - I'm thinking about pushing out a release today. I see you have stuff 'in flight' - do you want me to wait so we can include your stuff? Or are you happy to push yours into a later release?

mr_belowski
05-03-2017, 15:00
Well I just released it. Twice because the properties weren't saving for reasons best known to Microsoft. Should be OK now so the official release is now version 4.6.1.2

The Iron Wolf
05-03-2017, 15:51
There haven't been much done in rF2 branch so it is ok to skip merge up. I'll let you know when I have any update worthy additions.

Thanks Jim for adding my name. Will be curious to hear how did you pronounce it :) Did some Lithuanian helped you or you improvised? If you can, also add short version "Vytas", which is same like Jim/James. I'll probably use one depending on the mood.

Awesome stuff! :)

mr_belowski
05-03-2017, 16:00
Heh... Two emergency fixes later it finally works. I am an idiot. I have probably mangled your name, call it part of the crew chief character :)

The Iron Wolf
05-03-2017, 16:11
This is major change to CC, more people will use personalizations. I was too lazy to try it before, but now looking forward to hearing it. Emergency fixes - agile development, exciting hehe :)

mr_belowski
05-03-2017, 16:19
No no, emergency fixes = not testing my code. It's a lesson I've never been able to learn properly

The Iron Wolf
05-03-2017, 16:40
I need a pinch of your style to learn that as I test too much :) Just merged your work into rF2.
Updater worked, 1.3 is downloaded. If I want to keep CC impersonal, I select no name, right?

mr_belowski
05-03-2017, 16:52
Yeah, if my mangling of your name is too unbearable :)

Wiggin
05-03-2017, 20:53
Hey just a hopefully small request, can .msi file have the version number in it when we download it please ? So the current one would be CrewChiefV4.6.1.2.msi. Would make my life a bit easier with keeping track of the frequent updates. Thanks again for all the work on this.

mr_belowski
05-03-2017, 21:01
the offical downloads don't involve any faffing with .msi files - the app auto updates itself, so the file the auto updater downloads always has the same name. If you've been using the unofficial testing builds that have been flying around this weekend, I recommend uninstalling the app and downloading the regular build from the standard download location - http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.msi

When I release a proper update you'll be notified automatically by the app, which will offer to update itself.

If you have any problems the quick-n-dirty fix is to delete the C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Britton_IT_Ltd\ folder

Oh, and after my many failures this afternoon the latest build is actually 4.6.1.3