PDA

View Full Version : rFactor Racestart Sound

tmansteve
26-08-2017, 16:18
I notice that if I start from the back for a challenge I never hear the racestart sound and only hear it when near or at the front. Is there a way to add a vocal. The original sound is so low. I've tried editing it in Audacity renaming the new sound as the original but still can't hear it and so, it would be better with a seperate sound from Crew Chief if at all possible.

Any help would be great

Cheers

mr_belowski
26-08-2017, 16:56
Not sure I understand Steve. The volume of all the sounds is the same

tmansteve
26-08-2017, 17:38
Mr Belowski, what I meant was that I'm not sure if you added a racestart sound i.e GO GO GO or something like that. What I was trying to say was, the default sound in rFactor is so low or the settings are way out that you never hear it and I was hoping that you had made one for Crew Chief. Sorry for confusion

Steve

mr_belowski
26-08-2017, 18:40
The app does have race start messages so if they're not working this is a bug. I think something similar has been reported for AMS so perhaps it's the same issue. I'll reinstall AMS and have a look

tmansteve
26-08-2017, 18:49
Thanks for that as I have looked and couldn't see anything relating to racestart.

Update, I noticed in the Preferences a box unticked "Play pre-lights messages until cancelled". Is that anything to do with it??

Cheers

mr_belowski
27-08-2017, 16:18
hmm... all works fine in AMS

tmansteve
27-08-2017, 18:56
Is there something I need to tick in the Preferences? I didn't see a folder with racestart sounds. I've looked through them all. If this can be sorted, I think I will be happy with that.

Thanks for checking

mr_belowski
27-08-2017, 20:11
I'm not sure what you're looking for - the app says "green green green" when the race starts (or at least, it does in AMS and other games). The sounds are all in .../AppData/Local/CrewChiefV4/sounds/

the race start messages are in ...AppData/CrewChiefV4/sounds/voice/lap_counter/green_green_green/

tmansteve
27-08-2017, 22:13
Ok, thanks for checking for me. When I started a race, there was no voice so I will try again. I will check the folder and get back later tomorrow

The Iron Wolf
27-08-2017, 23:20
Steve, if you still see the problem, could you collect repro trace for us? Please, follow these steps: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?142-How-to-collect-Crew-Chief-repro-traces
It is possible that as Reiza is changing rF1 codebase, there are differences between AMS and rF1. Trace would help us better understand your problem.

tmansteve
28-08-2017, 06:41
Ok, will try that for you. Any problems, I will ask

tmansteve
28-08-2017, 18:00
Hi Again. Iron Wolf, here is the link to my logfile. I zipped the xml file as the other wasn't worth it. It's all there so hope it helps. Countdown starts to race but no vocals. After that, as race starts, vocals kick in. I found all the files in their folders so install was OK. Any probs let me know

Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x8v1hcnmhlkuyo3/AACurDxub570q1mQPLJMywQua?dl=0

mr_belowski
28-08-2017, 19:39
this is *very* helpful. It looks like Automobilista has a different number of possible session to RF1, so they don't match up and the app thinks you're still qualifying even though you're racing.

I would be really helpful to know how many practice, qual and race events you can have in a single session - e.g. you can select up to 3 practice sessions, 1 qually, 1 warmup and 2 race session for a single race weekend

mr_belowski
28-08-2017, 21:17
OK, the latest version has some best-guesses about what the RF1 session type index refers to. It works properly with your trace Steve, so fingers crossed it's a proper solution but if you find other issues give me a shout :)

tmansteve
28-08-2017, 21:37
Thank you so much. In rfactor you only have 1 Warm up, 1 Practice, 1 Qual and 1 race. You can restart a race in single player mode but not in multiplayer. When you refer to the latest version, you mean a new download and clean install??

Cheers

The Iron Wolf
28-08-2017, 21:38
Thank you so much. In rfactor you only have 1 Warm up, 1 Practice, 1 Qual and 1 race. When you refer to the latest version, you mean a new download and clean install??

Cheers
Just allow CC to update itself when prompted. Let us know how it goes (and thanks to Jim for the fix!)

tmansteve
28-08-2017, 21:51
You bet. I will check tomorrow and let you know.

Cheers for this

tmansteve
29-08-2017, 18:23
So far so good. I tried a qual and race, then tried a restart and after that, loaded straight to a start from the back and your vocals were there on each one. Thank you so much for the work you have done and this has revamped rfactor beyond. Fantastic. I hope this keeps going.

Cheers

Steve

mr_belowski
29-08-2017, 20:03
awesome, glad to hear it's working, thanks for the help tracking it down :)