PDA

View Full Version : Installation Question

tmansteve
17-08-2017, 20:34
Installed everything OK, and have to say, what a fantastic job. A class act.

My question is when I start the progra , it says that it neds a file or just cancel. I would like to know what file is it refering to?

I am using it with rfactor1 non Steam. I placed the rfactor share dll into the plugins folder. When I select cancel,and I start rfactor, I get vocals.

Is there a bug or something else?

Cheers

The Iron Wolf
17-08-2017, 20:37
Installed everything OK, and have to say, what a fantastic job. A class act.

My question is when I start the progra , it says that it neds a file or just cancel. I would like to know what file is it refering to?

I am using it with rfactor1. I placed the rfactor share dll into the plugins folder. When I select cancel,and I start rfactor, I get vocals.

Is there a bug or something else?

Cheers
I don't know how well it works with rF1 but I am guessing the timestamp of plugin you've placed and the one CC ships with are different. Just click ok and you'll be fine and should no longer see this message.

tmansteve
18-08-2017, 08:23
When i select OK, it acts as if it is going to install and asking me to browse to a file, but i dont know what file it wants. I presumed it was looking for the plugin, but when i get to the plugin folder of CrewChief it doesnt show up so it cant be that. I will install the plugin from the software and see what happens

Cheers

mr_belowski
18-08-2017, 09:12
Isn't it looking for your RF1 plugins folder? This is the folder the plugin needs to be installed into. Normally the app would work this out for itself and copy the plugin .dll into the right folder, but if that folder isn't where it's expecting it to be (steam/.../rf1/whatever or program files/rf1/, and maybe a couple of other common locations). I'm a bit vague about this because Morten created this functionality. It might be worth adding the RF1 installation folder to the app's properties screen (path to RF1 exe) if it keeps bugging you about it

Sparten
18-08-2017, 09:42
When it asks you to select the folder point it to ../rFactor/ and hit ok this should fix your issue. Do not point it to ../rFactor/Plugins, it needs to be the folder where the main executeble(rFactor.exe) file is located

tmansteve
18-08-2017, 13:34
Right. I will check everything you all have said. I thought it could be becuse I dont have rfactor on steam. If I can get this sorted, I will be one happy bunny.

Many thanks to all

tmansteve
18-08-2017, 17:19
Worked a treat, cheers. Only thing I want to clear up is with the original Spotter in rFactor. What settings do I need to change in the rFactor Audio with the Spotter? Turn them all off?

The Iron Wolf
18-08-2017, 18:03
I am guessing, yes, turn it all off. Also, if you use any spotter plugin other than rF1 Shared Memory Map plugin, remove them (will save you FPS)

tmansteve
18-08-2017, 19:38
Ok, thanks Iron Wolf. Will check that out

tmansteve
22-08-2017, 16:37
Working great.

angiejohn
25-08-2017, 12:20
This guide help me to install correctly.

Thanks

tmansteve
27-08-2017, 18:59
Glad it worked for you angiejohn