PDA

View Full Version : Installing and setting up CC for 2 windows 10 accounts

Max Bryant
20-06-2020, 17:56
Hello.

I use CrewChief for iRacing on a Windows 10 PC. My wife is going to begin iRacing and I have setup a separate Windows account for her to make sure our files remain separate. Is there anything special that I need to do to install and setup CC on her new Windows account so that it doesn't conflict with my Windows account's CC instalation?

Thank you.

mr_belowski
21-06-2020, 11:01
shouldn't be a problem but I've never tried it. The sound files will need to be downloaded twice (or you'll need to copy the folder c:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\local\CrewChiefV4\ to c:\Users\[your wife's user name]\AppData\local\ so you wife's user space has its own copy of the sound files)

Max Bryant
21-06-2020, 13:36
Thank you.

I can’t seem to get CC working with iRacing for either user, now. I hear the sound check, but nothing while in iRacing sim session. I can hear CC when I press a button that I mapped in CC, so it seems like it has lost its connection to iRacing.

The console is stuck on 07:58:07.888 : Initialising...

Max Bryant
22-06-2020, 15:05
Solved!

I discovered that my IRacing app.ini file’s irsdkEnableMem was set to 0. When I set it to 1, CC worked as expected.

Please include this in your CC iRacing prerequisites so that other CC users will not have to go through what I did to solve this, and before giving up on CC altogether.

We love CC, great job guys!