PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Penalty Message

Mikado
04-06-2020, 20:02
Hello,

Since the new update and the introduction of drive through penalties, Crew Chief incorrectly announces a "stop and go" penalty when handed down a "drive through" penalty.

Sparten
05-06-2020, 04:11
Yes i know, currently there is not much I can do about it since iRacing did not supply us with any data that indicate if its a drive through or a stop and go, and until i'm done with the rest of the updates for S3 dont expect any updates to CrewChief to fix this, also if they wont supply us with the data in the future I will have to disable black flag calls all together for iRacing.

Mikado
05-06-2020, 07:34
Thanks for the quick answer, I just wanted to point it out.

Good work with the app.

Guzz226
09-07-2020, 07:54
Could you consider changing the message to say just “black flag penalty”?

I learnt the hard way by stopping and going, not driving thru like I should have......

Anyway just a thought instead of removing altogether if they don’t provide accurate data out of iracing.

Kevin Karas
09-08-2020, 11:37
This is BIG. I made an account here just for this. I fell two times for it now and it even ruined our 12h Barcelona Team race yesterday. This HAS to change. The big problem is, if you stop in your pit stall, you have to go around and come in again to serve the DT.

There isnt even a Stop&Go penalty in iRacing anymore. Its just a Stop&Hold for speeding. All the others are Drive through.

If you are not able to differentiate please give us an option to disable the voice notification or just completely delete the type of penalty. Just say "You got a penalty" or something. The "Stop&Go" voice part is the super confusing thing and in a high active race environment, you trust in what CC says

Sparten
09-08-2020, 12:27
This is BIG. I made an account here just for this. I fell two times for it now and it even ruined our 12h Barcelona Team race yesterday. This HAS to change. The big problem is, if you stop in your pit stall, you have to go around and come in again to serve the DT.

There isnt even a Stop&Go penalty in iRacing anymore. Its just a Stop&Hold for speeding. All the others are Drive through.

If you are not able to differentiate please give us an option to disable the voice notification or just completely delete the type of penalty. Just say "You got a penalty" or something. The "Stop&Go" voice part is the super confusing thing and in a high active race environment, you trust in what CC says
There are still stop and go penalties, just try speeding in the pit's.

Kevin Karas
09-08-2020, 12:36
There are still stop and go penalties, just try speeding in the pit's.

Please read my post again ;)