PDA

View Full Version : Car behind message

inthebagbud
07-08-2017, 20:49
Is there anyway to be notified of cars approaching from behind?

I hear the cars along side message but by this time its usually too late to react and wondered whether we could have messages based on distance behind ?

mr_belowski
07-08-2017, 21:00
I did experiment with this ages ago, but it was a mess of false-positives in traffic. It would probably work OK for ovals - I'll have a think about it :)

oOBATOo
11-08-2017, 11:45
Yeah false positives in trafic hmm but As inthebagbud says car left and right is nice but its to late we need somit, cars behind message of some sort.
Have a good think id rather have false positives than no positives. I think if memory serves It was I that asked you to think of it last time.
Trafic behind on the left at 100m or somit like that, I understand its not easy to do but I think its worth a punt. With watch your rear, possibly a kill switch like no spot spot messages from the controller. Iam just waiting for the 22nd sept.......... Preatyplz.

oOBATOo
13-09-2017, 12:25
And our survey said?

Less than a week to go almost cant wait.

mr_belowski
13-09-2017, 13:36
Still got this on the back-burner, and with more oval racing coming with PCars2 it'll naturally become more important. Anyone got a time-stopper I could borrow so I can fit all this work into my far-too-short days? :)