PDA

View Full Version : Distorted, modulated, robotic sound

Knattertoni
12-05-2020, 09:53
Hi there,

I´m using CrewChief in iRacing.
I think my problem is similar to this thread but not only to names:

thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?1661-Just-Updated-the-app (sorry for the incomplete link, I'm not allowed to post links yet)

I had that problem already before the last update which came these days.
In my case I have also problems with the names sometimes, but also sometimes with the times. I think that the numbers are individual samples. And when Crewchief tells me the time of the last lap it tells me "last lap was 1 minute, twenty-two point *robotic distorted sound* seconds" as an example. But that's random and I could not figure out a regularity yet.

Does anyone have the same problem and know how to fix that?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Knattertoni
19-05-2020, 09:57
I found out another issue, the volume level per sample ist changing sometimes in a big way.

mr_belowski
19-05-2020, 10:00
the app assembles some number sounds to make the overall phrase but they're generally pretty good - not perfect by any means, but not robotic or distorted and each sound is normalised to exactly the same volume. So I've no idea what's going on here - this isn't an issue I've ever encountered

Knattertoni
19-05-2020, 10:03
Is there maybe a list of settings I have to check in windows? I'm pretty sure that your samples are great, it worked well and the issues began not with an update of CrewChief.
I'm thankful for every kind of help.

Knattertoni
19-05-2020, 10:05
I'm on Winver Version 1909 (Build 18363.836)

Knattertoni
19-05-2020, 10:56
Updated the realtek drivers and hoping that helps :-)

Knattertoni
22-06-2020, 09:07
Sorry for the late feedback.
After updating the sound drivers and testing, I have no issues since 4 weeks.