PDA

View Full Version : PC2 - Thanks!!

gmkump
09-04-2020, 00:10
So I was looking for a telemetry collection app for Project Cars 2 and I found out about CrewChief app. I was so surprised, this app is awesome.

I saw posts before this asking if working with PC2! What? Yes, it is working great. The only issue I had was the font was extremely small on my 4K monitor, but the forum here told me what to do.

I was so impressed that I immediately donated $25 to this wonderful effort. I should have done more and probably will in the future.

I spent a large amount on my current setup (pic attached) and CrewChief really enhances it. I loved the name personification, the different voices for spotter (I'm using them all, change per race), and the greater detail in track condition, etc.

I did see someone saying on Steam that CrewChief was one of the must have apps for PC2. Ha, are you kidding? Nope, they were not. An absolute MUST!

Thanks for doing this!!!

gmkump
23-04-2020, 05:37
After two weeks with Crew Chief, I felt guilty enjoying such a great app with PC2, so I gave another 100 GBP to show appreciation for such a great app and support. I hope this app is not dead. PC3 and other apps are around the corner and this third party app rocks. Can't give enough accolades for it, a must have for any race sim it supports.

gmkump
08-05-2020, 04:23
I just gave another 100 GBP, because this is the #1 app to use with race sims. I saw poll for best spotter, i use them all, even Jim! I just like every race to have a different spotter (including Jim), so I appreciate and love them all.

I can't imagine racing without this third party app, so it deserves the donations more than any other app I have owned. I hope they continue their wonderful support.

Now, there is some annoyance. During qualify, first time lap I get "You're in poll" only, not my lap time. Then I get reports of guy behind lap time, but no idea what I am comparing it to. On second completed lap I finally get my lap time, but my initial one could have been better, but I have no idea. I do not want to pause the race to see statistics, this is why I use Crew Chief. I have mapped buttons to gas status and overall status, but I could not find anything for "last lap time" so in case I get the "You are in Poll", I can check the lap time.

But even with that being an annoyance, there is no better app than this one. I tried with a mic input, but had so many issues, I gave up and went with a button input and it is brilliant as is. Just wish I had a "last lap time", button wise. It might be there, but I missed it.

Regardless, it deserved another donation from me for 100 GBP, it has become the MUST HAVE app for all race sim software it supports. Jim, you are so awesome!!!

Sparten
08-05-2020, 07:04
Thank you!

gmkump
08-05-2020, 11:19
OMG!!! I didn't realize that was me stating giving another 100 GBP in second post, it spurred me to give another 100 GBP. How stupid of me! But actually, Crew Chief app and it's developers deserve it. so I need to shut up. Everyone should show their appreciation for this app. That is how I found it, someone stating that it was the most "must have" app for any race sim it supports. Once I saw that, I just had to have it, and it definitely lives up to it's reputation. I just hope all the users are donating to ensure this one of a kind app gets the support it deserves.