PDA

View Full Version : Hate to be that guy.. Spotter Volume

nascarnut
10-12-2019, 23:14
I have searched and searched. Maybe i'm missing it. I can hardly hear the spotter over the engine sounds. I have increased the boost in properties and there are no changes at all. Are we able to turn him up. Message volume is set to max. also is there a way to set crewchief to a separate speaker. i had in game spotter set to another channel, but do not see where to do that with this.

Thank you so much in advance

James_e_Vining
02-01-2020, 18:34
Sorry I am a little late replying, but yes in the properties at the very bottom you will see spotter volume boost (Scale) (Real Number) I think default is probably set at 1 try 2 if not loud enough try increasing it until you are happy with it.

Elroytin
10-01-2020, 10:34
What's the highest setting possible?

Coanda
04-09-2020, 08:22
I am also having a hard time hearing the messages and spotter.. I have had to turn my in-game sounds way down in AMS2, iR, ACC, RR etc.. I tried the spotter volume boost in the properties however this did nothing.. I tried values from 2 to 50.. Does this only control the spotter and not the messages such as lap numbers etc..?

The Iron Wolf
04-09-2020, 13:57
Just use windows audio mixer to bring the game volume down. Windows will remember the setting, it shall be done only vence. I do not think we can raise volume of our sounds without distorting audio quality and pushing it into clipping.

Coanda
04-09-2020, 15:04
Just use windows audio mixer to bring the game volume down. Windows will remember the setting, it shall be done only vence. I do not think we can raise volume of our sounds without distorting audio quality and pushing it into clipping.

Ok no worries I understand.. Thank you for the reply..

mr_belowski
04-09-2020, 17:01
if you're using nAudio for playback, the spotter volume boost should do *something*

Coanda
04-09-2020, 18:31
if you're using nAudio for playback, the spotter volume boost should do *something*

Thank you.. How do you set this? I only remember seeing a option for wave or wasapi...

mr_belowski
04-09-2020, 18:48
if you have that dropdown then you're already using nAudio. The volume boost stuff alters the levels of the .wav files in memory - i'll check tomorrow but it should work

Coanda
04-09-2020, 18:59
if you have that dropdown then you're already using nAudio. The volume boost stuff alters the levels of the .wav files in memory - i'll check tomorrow but it should work

Ah no worries.. I think i had it set to wasapi so I'll retest with wave later on..

btw you created a great program.. Top shelf :)

Sniper0123
17-09-2020, 10:53
Ah no worries.. I think i had it set to wasapi so I'll retest with wave later on..

btw you created a great program.. Top shelf :)

Thanks.