PDA

View Full Version : Average fuel consumption

TOCA2FREAK
09-07-2017, 20:45
Is there anyway to ask CrewChief my average fuel consumption. After moving away from TrackMap to this I do miss the feature of knowing my average fuel consumption. TrackMap would show you average litres per lap being used.

mr_belowski
09-07-2017, 20:49
It's been requested a couple of times and isn't difficult to add - I'll have a fiddle next week

TOCA2FREAK
09-07-2017, 22:36
Can't wait. Would be nice if this can be added to Automobilista too!

Bert
21-07-2017, 03:19
This will be a fantastic add-on for the VR guys

TOCA2FREAK
21-07-2017, 07:38
This will be a fantastic add-on for the VR guys
Latest update has added this feature! :D

Bert
21-07-2017, 08:53
Awesome!! I will test this and if it works, I buy another beer

Is it possible to report litres per lap instead of litres per minute? And like the op, the average fuel per laps run would be great :)

And as promised a Beer paid for, thx this app is fantastic

mr_belowski
21-07-2017, 09:09
"if it works" hahahahaha

Err.. yeah, there were a couple of problems with it initially and it's definitely working in the latest beta, but I can't remember if it's working in the current official release :)

Bert
21-07-2017, 10:04
It's working perfectly thx, but reporting in fuel per minutes.

mr_belowski
21-07-2017, 10:08
Did you try the voice command - "what's my fuel consumption?". It should answer in litres per lap

Bert
21-07-2017, 10:15
Trying to get my speech reg working....battling..but will try your suggestion, thx

Edit: Voice command works perfectly. Can there be an option for a key map? Voice command works perfectly if the background noise is low. I have a motion sim and my chief mate cannot understand me while I am racing :)

mr_belowski
21-07-2017, 12:21
Yeah, I need to wire up a button binding for it. Will try and squeeze it into the next release

TOCA2FREAK
02-10-2017, 18:15
When asking "How's my fuel" it now reports back average litres per lap and then how many laps it will give you. In a previous build it would tell you litres per lap and then how long in time it will last you so for example it would say "you have about 23 minutes of fuel remaining". This no longer happens please can we have it back? Maybe a separate command asking "how many laps of fuel left" and "how much time of fuel left".

Thanks.

mr_belowski
02-10-2017, 18:51
Yeah, I've been missing this too. The old code used to give fuel left in minutes for timed sessions but lots of folks wanted it in laps instead. Will rework it

TOCA2FREAK
02-10-2017, 21:31
Yeah, I've been missing this too. The old code used to give fuel left in minutes for timed sessions but lots of folks wanted it in laps instead. Will rework it

Thanks ;)

TOCA2FREAK
28-10-2017, 18:10

Has this been reworked yet?

mr_belowski
28-10-2017, 19:44
Yeah, it was changed a couple of weeks ago - in timed sessions it'll give you the estimated number of minutes left, and the fuel use per lap

TOCA2FREAK
28-10-2017, 19:59
Ok thanks :)

MathPeuz
30-11-2017, 20:12
Hi, any chance you can add the voice for the battery usage for the new Formula-e DLC? It would be nice to have the battery usage per lap :)

The Iron Wolf
30-11-2017, 20:20
There's a "how's my battery" voice command and button mapping already, but they are being improved in the upcoming version, and the version that's out does not tell exact charge level (but it will). Currently, it'll tell the estimated laps left/time left, but only until the first vehicle swap (haha)

So, next update will have above commands much improved, and next week I plan to also add a heuristics to detect use increase/decrease.

MathPeuz
30-11-2017, 21:28
Great, I can't find the button mapping for the battery just "report fuel status". I just started to use Crew Chief today and it's awesome, excellent job, just made a small donation for you guys :)

mr_belowski
30-11-2017, 21:30
I think the "report fuel status" will report battery status if you're driving a battery operated (heh) car

MathPeuz
30-11-2017, 21:33
I get an error on the console saying that there is no voice for battery

edit: here is the message
Message COMPOUND_Battery/level can't be played because there is no sound for text fragment battery/percent_remaining

mr_belowski
30-11-2017, 21:36
can you paste the exact error please

mr_belowski
30-11-2017, 21:40
Aawwww cack, I screwed up the base sound pack and missed the battery sounds out

To fix this, you'll need to go to

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\local\CrewChiefV4\sounds

(you might need to enable 'show hidden folders')

Edit the sound_pack_version_info.txt file and change 131 to 130

then restart the app. It should prompt you to download a sound pack update, which will include the battery sounds

The Iron Wolf
30-11-2017, 21:43
Great, I can't find the button mapping for the battery just "report fuel status". I just started to use Crew Chief today and it's awesome, excellent job, just made a small donation for you guys :)
Yeah, map to that one - I missed the name (will be fixed soon).

mr_belowski
30-11-2017, 22:10
I've pushed an updated sound pack with the missing sounds (and a few additional sounds that will be used by the next proper app update), so you no longer need to edit any files - the app will offer to download the update for you which will add the missing sounds. Thanks for the bug report.

MathPeuz
30-11-2017, 22:12
It worked with editing the files. do I need to change it back to 131 or will it change with the update?
edit: I can see see it jump to 132
Thanks for super quick fix guys

MathPeuz
01-12-2017, 12:33
One more thing ;)
It doesn't seem to work after pit stop, is it possible to change between "last lap consumption" and "average consumption"?
Same for laps remaining, something like laps remaining based on last lap consumption maybe??
Or maybe reset the fuel statistics when pitting?
I don't know, just the easiest for you to change :)

mr_belowski
01-12-2017, 12:55
My esteemed colleague Vytautas is part way through a bit of a re-write of the battery logic, which should address these issues. Expect an update in the next couple of days :)

The Iron Wolf
01-12-2017, 19:35
Update containing bunch of fixes and improvements is out :) Try it out and let us know what do you think.

MathPeuz
01-12-2017, 19:55
Awesome guys will give it a try tomorrow :)

MathPeuz
02-12-2017, 18:50
It is awesome guys, spot on :)

The Iron Wolf
02-12-2017, 19:03
It is awesome guys, spot on :)
Glad you like it :)

I am experimenting right now with estimating remaining charge based on recent laps instead of whole history of use, because usage is varying greatly on driving/settings (I get between 3 and 10% a lap). This should improve estimate if user changed his driving.

Do you think it will be useful to add voice command to ask CC if he thinks battery use is increasing/decreasing or stable? I am not sure what would be the good phrase though.

MathPeuz
03-12-2017, 04:54
Glad you like it :)

I am experimenting right now with estimating remaining charge based on recent laps instead of whole history of use, because usage is varying greatly on driving/settings (I get between 3 and 10% a lap). This should improve estimate if user changed his driving.

Do you think it will be useful to add voice command to ask CC if he thinks battery use is increasing/decreasing or stable? I am not sure what would be the good phrase though.

I would be great, something like "you have used more/less battery this lap than average" "your battery usage is stable this lap" "you can/can't go half way with current driving style" "you can/can't go to the end with current driving style"
Have you figured it out how to fix the battery usage after the pit stop? I didn't have time to check that.

On Formula-e full length race I tend to push the key for fuel at each lap, I don't know about other drivers but I wish I could get the message automatically (not the full message but just the lap usage and maybe the increase/decrease/stable message)
BTW Studio 397 suggests 45 laps races but they did 43 laps on the real race yesterday :confused: 4.65% per lap edit:race 2 was 45 laps

For the calculation of remaining laps maybe you can get something like 0.75*(last lap usage)+0.25*(average usage) or different ratio. Maybe even including the previous lap: 0.5*(last lap usage)+0.5*(previous lap usage)+0.25*(average usage)

The Iron Wolf
03-12-2017, 05:06
Pit stop bug should've been fixed.

I added automatic messages about use increase/decrease, however, it is quite tricky to get right (without making it annoying) and I am using very conservative approach. But I'll continue working on them. What I was wondering if you think it will be helpful to add direct command, so that you could ask of battery use trend via command.

I was able to do 2 45 lap races today, it is quite tricky, once I ran out in the middle, and for two races I completed I ran out on past race lap :D

Automatic half distance warning message is also already here, but i might've broken it, will look at it next week. This stuff will need a lot of experimentation, data and tweaking of ratios here and there, but I will continue improving this stuff :)

MathPeuz
03-12-2017, 09:05
The way I would like it to be is to have the battery trend and lap usage to be triggered automatically when crossing the start line and the normal battery remaining message on the command like it is now.
So maybe you can map a button/voice command to turn on/off lap usage update when crossing the line, with a message "Ok I will keep you updated on the usage each lap" and maybe a Kimi style message "Ok we leave you alone you know what you are doing" when we turn it off :D
I don't use so much voice control myself so I would be nice to have it on a button
Great job for fixing everything so quickly man :)

smbrm
06-12-2017, 16:21
It appears that I have missed that crewchief can report fuel status. I am wondering if crewchief, could give a recommendation for the final fuel fill of a race? Even better would be a fill strategy for remaining race based on laps or time remaining in the race and fuel consumption up to that point?

Sounds like wishful thinking?

Renae
08-01-2019, 08:06
Can't wait. Would be nice if this can be added to Automobilista too!