PDA

View Full Version : Latest version will not run on my PC 4.9.11.1

jphaines
18-10-2019, 21:50
I just updated to the newest version and now Crew Chief will not start at all. After several uninstalls and reinstall, I found an archive of 4.9.8.6 and have at least successfully gotten that to run.

Tried doing the full uninstall and getting rid of appdata files as well. Not sure how to proceed, wish I hadn't updated as I was just fine on 10.1 which I cannot go back to now.

mr_belowski
19-10-2019, 07:30
On my system, if I delete the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Britton_IT_Ltd\ folder, the app launches and just creates a new one with default settings. Is that the folder you deleted when you were testing?

If the app fails to start, there should be a .Net error in the Windows Event log (under Application Logs) - could you post it here please so we can track it down.

The previous version of the app will be available for download here:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.9.10.1.msi

but i'd appreciate it if you could help us work out what the problem is

SirMaverick
19-10-2019, 13:23
With the new Version my CC dont start too.

mr_belowski
19-10-2019, 13:37
like i said above, we need to know more than just "it don't start" - look for .Net errors in the Windows Event View under Application Logs and post the details here

jphaines
19-10-2019, 14:39
Hello,

Yes I deleted both AppData\Local\Britton_IT_LTD and AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4

Here is my error log:

Application: CrewChiefV4.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(System.E xceptionResource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Insert(System.__Canon, System.__Canon, Boolean)
at CrewChiefV4.Audio.AudioPlayer..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
at CrewChiefV4.MainWindow..ctor()
at CrewChiefV4.Program.Main()

jphaines
19-10-2019, 14:41
Deleted both AppData\Local\Briton_IT_LTD and AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4

Error log is as follows:

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Insert(System.__Canon, System.__Canon, Boolean)

Masternoob
19-10-2019, 15:28
Deleted both AppData\Local\Briton_IT_LTD and AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4

Error log is as follows:

I have the same Problem since the Update.

mr_belowski
19-10-2019, 15:43
Hmm.... I'm struggling to work out what this error might be. There's a potential issue in the nAudio initialisation that might prevent the app from starting but this should only happen with nAudio enabled so the app should still be able to start after removing the Britton_IT_Ltd folder :(

If you get a minute, can you try this hotfix build please:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4-4.9.11.2_hotfix.msi

jphaines
19-10-2019, 15:47
The Hot fix you posted above launches and works on my system :)

Masternoob
19-10-2019, 15:48
Hmm.... I'm struggling to work out what this error might be. There's a potential issue in the nAudio initialisation that might prevent the app from starting but this should only happen with nAudio enabled so the app should still be able to start after removing the Britton_IT_Ltd folder :(

If you get a minute, can you try this hotfix build please:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4-4.9.11.2_hotfix.msi

Works with the hotfix.
Also i can enable naudio and it works (playback and recording)

Thx for the fast fix, great work :)

A bit offtopic but Respond to voice commands immediately doesn't seem to work for me.
I only get an answer after i release the button.

mr_belowski
19-10-2019, 15:52
Awesome, I'll push a hotfix. Did respond immediately ever work? If I remember correctly I put it in a beta?

Masternoob
19-10-2019, 16:24
Awesome, I'll push a hotfix. Did respond immediately ever work? If I remember correctly I put it in a beta?

I never tried it before but i thought it was a new feature since it is mentioned in the changelog of the recent version.

* Added option to make the app respond to voice commands as soon as it recognises them in 'Hold Button' mode, rather than waiting until the radio button is released (enable this behaviour with the 'Respond to voice commands immediately' property)

mr_belowski
19-10-2019, 16:57
to use this feature, the app needs the speech recognition to be in 'hold button' mode, 'respond to voice commands immediately' needs to be enabled and 'block messages while talking to the chief' should be disabled in the Properties screen. When it's configured like this, if I hold the radio button and make a command and then keep the radio button pressed, the app will respond. This is the new behaviour. Prior to this (or if you disable the 'respond to voice commands immediately property), the app will wait until you release the radio button before responding. I just tested this and it does work as intended

mr_belowski
19-10-2019, 18:00
going back to the original question raised on this thread, the issue should now be fixed in tonight's 4.9.11.3 hotfix release

Masternoob
20-10-2019, 15:08
to use this feature, the app needs the speech recognition to be in 'hold button' mode, 'respond to voice commands immediately' needs to be enabled and 'block messages while talking to the chief' should be disabled in the Properties screen. When it's configured like this, if I hold the radio button and make a command and then keep the radio button pressed, the app will respond. This is the new behaviour. Prior to this (or if you disable the 'respond to voice commands immediately property), the app will wait until you release the radio button before responding. I just tested this and it does work as intended

Very strange. I just double checked all these settings and it still is not working for me.
As long as i hold the button, i get no response.

Masternoob
20-10-2019, 16:28
Very strange. I just double checked all these settings and it still is not working for me.
As long as i hold the button, i get no response.

Update:
I disabled "Use nAudio for speech recognition" and now it works.
I dug into the options because the speach recognition was clearly worse than before with this enabled.
Disabling this fixed the bad recognition and the hold button problem.

Homie315
11-12-2019, 16:28
I'm having the same issues, can't get it to start. When I click on crew chief, the window pops up forabout 5 seconds and then closes automatically. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but haven't got past that part, any suggestions?

Flymo Ferrari
13-12-2019, 17:50
Same issue as Homie Crew chief starts for a few seconds then quits on windows 10 , Could you please look into this as its very frustrating as the app has always been an excellent app and very helpful

mr_belowski
13-12-2019, 19:51
I really need to see the error message - look for a .Net error in the Windows Event Viewer, under Application Logs

Ronny
14-12-2019, 17:19
Anwendung: CrewChiefV4.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
bei System.String.Substring(Int32, Int32)
bei CrewChiefV4.iRacing.iRacingSharedMemoryReader..cto r()
bei CrewChiefV4.GameStateReaderFactory.getGameStateRea der(CrewChiefV4.GameDefinition)
bei CrewChiefV4.CrewChief.Run(System.String, Boolean)
bei CrewChiefV4.MainWindow.runApp()
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Ronny
14-12-2019, 17:22
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: CrewChiefV4.exe, Version: 1.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5df4c6dd
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.17763.864, Zeitstempel: 0xfc217636
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000039129
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2ec
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d5b2a7ed88a14d
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: b7b93973-1bc0-49eb-ad00-5dec8850cd4b
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:

mr_belowski
15-12-2019, 09:50
this is caused by some missing text in your app.ini file (Documents/iRacing/app.ini). The app is looking for "serverTransmitMaxCars" in the "Graphics" section (the value should be a number between 10 and 99 I think), and "irsdkLog360Hz" in the "Misc" section (should be 0 or 1). I don't play iRacing so I can't really give a better example (I have no app.ini so i'm just looking at what the code does to work out what the values should look like).

I've added some checks to the code for the next CC release so it won't fail to start when it can't read these values.

I have no idea if these values are translated when the game is set to a language that isn't English - probably not

Flymo Ferrari
15-12-2019, 14:49
HI I hope this helps as I'm not really that proficient with fault finding on pcs, If you need more information please explain how I go about finding it on the pc, Many thanks again Flymo

Event Properties

Faulting application name: Crewchiefv4.exe. version: 1.0.0.0. time stamp 0x5df4c6dd
faulting module name: clr.dll. version: 4.7.3416.0. time stamp: 0x5cabfc63
exception code 0xc0000005
fault offset: 0x00000000005dfeb0
faulting process id:0x860
faulting application start time: 0x01d5b3530eebdce1
faulting application path: C:\Program files (x86)\Britton it ltd\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4.exe
faulting module path:C:\ windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0,30319\clr.d ll
faulting id: 8abddcc3-1791-488d-85df-d4f64a85c8f7
faulting package full name:
faulting package-relative application id:

mr_belowski
15-12-2019, 15:34
there should be another error message that looks more like this one: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?1370-Latest-version-will-not-run-on-my-PC-4-9-11-1&p=6324&viewfull=1#post6324

Flymo Ferrari
17-12-2019, 19:59
Unfortunately I can find any other error report on the pc , I have tried looking in the application logs
But can’t find anything other than what I have give you
, Unfortunately I’m just getting to the point of giving up
But thanks for the help anyway. Flymo

Flymo Ferrari
17-12-2019, 20:01
Can I just ask is anybody on the forum using the CrewChief app
On windows 10 and if so have you had any problems getting it to start and run
, Thanks in advance for any help with this question
Flymo

jman52028
17-12-2019, 20:28
this is what I get for an error msg. just crashes upon start, see a box for a second and that's it.

Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at CrewChiefV4.Overlay.CrewChiefOverlayWindow.overlay Window_DrawGraphics(System.Object, GameOverlay.Windows.DrawGraphicsEventArgs)
at GameOverlay.Windows.GraphicsWindow.OnDrawGraphics( GameOverlay.Drawing.Graphics)
at GameOverlay.Windows.GraphicsWindow.GraphicsWindowT hread()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Sparten
18-12-2019, 05:30
There is a bug in the overlay window that causes the app to crash if no game has been selected with the overlay window enabled Open C:\Users\Sparten\Documents\CrewChiefV4\Profiles\de faultSettings.json with a text editor, locate the line containing "enable_console_overlay_window": true, and change it to "enable_console_overlay_window": false,
Now you should be able to start the app again, and this time make sure you select a game in the drop down list before you enable the overlay window.

jman52028
18-12-2019, 19:50
There is a bug in the overlay window that causes the app to crash if no game has been selected with the overlay window enabled Open C:\Users\Sparten\Documents\CrewChiefV4\Profiles\de faultSettings.json with a text editor, locate the line containing "enable_console_overlay_window": true, and change it to "enable_console_overlay_window": false,
Now you should be able to start the app again, and this time make sure you select a game in the drop down list before you enable the overlay window.

awesome thank you for the quick response. been running iracing for a long time, looking forward to digging into this app!

Flymo Ferrari
19-12-2019, 19:08
Hi thanks for replying with the error message that you are receiving, Sparten has replied with a possible solution to are problem in the next post , I will possibly try it at the weekend if I get the Time if you try It before me please post in the forum and let me know, Hopefully this works for us advice it is a great app , Cheers Flymo

Flymo Ferrari
19-12-2019, 19:13
Hi Sparten thanks for the reply , Hopefully this works for us windows 10 users, I will let you know next week hopefully as I will be on holiday then and have time to check it out, I might need your assistance in doing it though lol ????. Many thanks again Flymo