PDA

View Full Version : No Audio from Spotter or Crewchief??

Gh0stPred
14-09-2019, 19:07
Hey all so i've been usiong crewchief without any issues at all since I found out about this since late 2018 and now for some reason the software can barely reconise me (which im not really too fussed about) nor can I actually hear anything from him..

Here's a Video link to what I'm on about.

https://youtu.be/aiiiF6wV_a4

All I get is the background noises. I've done a clean install and everything else. I've tried the naudio booleen and that just mutes everything and yeah im getting annoyed that this doesn't work anymore.

Any help to get this back working would be really beneficial :)

mr_belowski
15-09-2019, 08:08
to restore the old speech recognition behaviour change the "Prefer Windows speech recognition engine" property to false (unchecked) in the Properties screen. The background sounds play via an embedded windows media player instance but the voice message use the .Net sound player so they're 2 different streams. Which is why it's possible to have one working and not the other. By default the app uses the Default 'Sound Playback' device - ensure you have the right device selected in your Windows Sounds control panel

Gh0stPred
15-09-2019, 09:03
Hey thanks for the reply.

I'm currently using the default sound through my headphones on Crewchief and like I said it's just no audio. It could be the .net issue so I can see if I can find the .net software to get this working.

mr_belowski
15-09-2019, 09:22
The .net thing is just the name of the library the app uses - there's nothing you can download or configure here other than the default windows audio playback device.

jman52028
24-12-2019, 12:25
The .net thing is just the name of the library the app uses - there's nothing you can download or configure here other than the default windows audio playback device.

sorry for the older bump here but this is an issue ive just started having here. Up until a few days ago, CC was working just fine thru my headphones. Now it doesn't. I went into audio settings and told cc to use my headphones, but now all I get is background noise thru my headphones and the voice thru the speakers. is the only way to change this back to the way it was is to make my headphones the system default? Did something change recently with AMD Drivers to cause this? That's really all ive done is upload my drivers.
Thanks!

jman52028
24-12-2019, 12:43
sorry for the older bump here but this is an issue ive just started having here. Up until a few days ago, CC was working just fine thru my headphones. Now it doesn't. I went into audio settings and told cc to use my headphones, but now all I get is background noise thru my headphones and the voice thru the speakers. is the only way to change this back to the way it was is to make my headphones the system default? Did something change recently with AMD Drivers to cause this? That's really all ive done is upload my drivers.
Thanks!

well I solved it myself. The other audio is showing up in the system tray as "Skype" for me, once I told this to go thru the headphones, everything works fine.

SloweyGonzalez
31-12-2019, 17:58
I'm just getting started with Crew Chief and having a version of this issue as well. On first install, all audio was coming out of my default desktop speakers, but for racing I need it in my headset. I use the Windows Settings app to specify the headset for Crew Chief as specified in the FAQ, and now I get the background noises in my headset but the spotter is still coming through my desktop speakers. I really don't want to have to set my headset as the default windows device every time i race, is there something i can do to fix this?

Mech_Arm1
08-01-2020, 19:48
To Original poster . . . ..Did you ever figure out the issue? Mine is making the exact noise when I try to start it .. I found your thread after I posted the problem (fuzzed out sound) but haven got an answer yet.

Achilies
23-01-2020, 19:27

I am having the same issue. I have ensure that all the default sound output device settings are correct and no change. When I start the app instead of getting a 'com check' I get the sounds of the background volume but no voices so I can hear sounds from the app but it's just that no voices come through, even with the messages volume up full.

I have checked all the folders to which the sound recordings are stored and they are all there and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, changing my sound settings etc as per the advice I can find on the forums without any luck.