PDA

View Full Version : ACC support

mr_belowski
09-08-2019, 20:31
Hey fellas,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but the latest version (4.9.8.20) now supports Assetto Corsa Competizione. There's still some work to be done to iron out the bugs and keep pace with the game's development but it's working pretty well already. Massive thanks to the guys on the ACC forum who helped test, and to Steven (Thx1137) who did the ground work to get it all up and running

Lazza
27-08-2019, 20:25
Nice work so far Mr Belowski. Thank you.
Was wondering if you are planning on adding the ACC inbuilt spotter comments to CrewChief? eg "Run in double file" when coming up to the start.
Would love to have Jim reading out the comments that are written on the bottom centre of the screen. eg "Cut the engine" when you pull in to the pits.

mr_belowski
27-08-2019, 20:56
Not sure what the plans are to be honest. ACC's API hasn't been documented and my requests for more information and for bugs in the data to be addressed haven't yielded any results

Lazza
30-08-2019, 19:41
OK, no problem. Am happy to use what you have. Thanks.

TinMan_JB
31-01-2020, 15:43
Hi! I can't find much useful info about CC in ACC so I thought I'd post here...

I'm experiencing weird CC behaviour in ACC. Yesterday I had CC working, well partially at least - he was telling me lap times in practice and in quick race he told me about my position (correct) and fastest laps (incorrect, I had a FL that was ignored, no tap on the back :( However, that was all he was saying, nothing else. And the practice lap times were reffered like 4 times in a row after every lap completed. In quick race he wanted to say some more, but there was only radio com opening and no voice (I read somewhere about this, forgot where). I was running the latest build 4.10.0.8 with all audio files updated and default settings.

Figured I'd do a clean install to see if that might help-it didnt't. CC is now completely silent, not a word in ACC practice session. Tried runnng ACC first then CC and vice versa, to no avail.

So, I'd like to ask for some assistance regarding possible solutions. Is there something one must tweak in CC or ACC files? There must be some easy fix that I didn't find yet. So please let me know, I'd be greatfull.
Cheers

UPDATE:
Had another try in quick race against AI and miraculously CC started speaking! Must have had something to do with in-game settings: in previous sessions I had in game audio setting starting comms set on OFF to eliminate in-game engineer. For this session this was changed to ON. Maybe it's this setting that made the difference. The in-game engineer was silenced with the slider...

And yes, CC was quite alive, like I know him from other sims (R3E, AC, PC2). Hope this continues :)
Cheers

TinMan_JB
01-02-2020, 16:47
So, I had a couple of test sessions today - a free practice and 3 quick races. Same ACC settings as yesterday after "awakening". Oh, maybe to point out: 13 AI opponents, I5-7300HQ CPU copes OK. It can't cope more than 15-16 AI.
In practice, CC was completely silent, not a word and no com sounds.
In races, there was much delays, incoplete information, channels opening with no info... After start in all 3 races, race start was announced after 1/3 lap, lap times were given in fragments, gap to front was not reffered to the end.
So, is anyone experiencing something similar issues or knows of a possible solution? Please let me know!
Cheers!

mr_belowski
15-02-2020, 17:42
I'm going to remove ACC support from the app. I just can't get it to work properly with all the unsynchronised data in ACC's shared memory and UDP streams. It's impossible to know if any given piece of data is stale, resulting in constant bugs and failed workarounds. To be blunt, it's making the app look shit, I've tried to fix it but the data are unusable, and I give up. Sorry guys.

TinMan_JB
15-02-2020, 20:09
Oh... I'm very sorry to hear this, CC is a great app and a fine companion in other sims I've played. But I understand completely-with a lack of a solid foundation to build on I guess it's all for nothing. I hope the devs are going to rethink ACC data output to better suit 3rd party apps like CC yet I also think they might not since they have an in-game engineer and spotter. Which is kinda ok, but not quite on the CC level in terms of sheer immersion and plain fun. I hope we see a change in the future. Until then I thank you for your contribution to sim racing.
Best regards!

Gagaryn
15-02-2020, 22:22
I'm going to remove ACC support from the app. I just can't get it to work properly with all the unsynchronised data in ACC's shared memory and UDP streams. It's impossible to know if any given piece of data is stale, resulting in constant bugs and failed workarounds. To be blunt, it's making the app look shit, I've tried to fix it but the data are unusable, and I give up. Sorry guys.

Might it be worthwhile keeping ACC even with limited support - I find even being warned that cars are to the left or right useful. I'd be gutted if I could no longer use CC in ACC for that alone.

BTW - first post, it would be impolite to not thank you for all the work you have ut into this app - it really is superb - Thanks! :-)

mr_belowski
16-02-2020, 15:42
will think on it, but even limited support is going to require work. Having a bunch of "if game is not ACC then do stuff" checks around the sector timings, opponent race positions, pit message, and all the other stuff that's broken will be a substantial chunk of work

Lupo263
17-02-2020, 19:44
Hi!
I think that's a shame because I really enjoyed CC in ACC ....... and didn't really have a problem once.

Lupo!:(

Kurvz
18-02-2020, 22:11
mr_belowski Thank you very much for all your hard work, CC as you know kick ass.

Please do not stop support for ACC even with all the buggy crap Its still worth it for the spotter and information that does work, and I Alway run CC with ACC, even though my engineers is obviously trying to wind me up sometime.
Kunos should have asked you to allow CC to be incorporated into ACC doughnuts !

Thanks again, you are to awesome for this bull crap from ACC

mister dog
06-03-2020, 09:31
Hi Jim,

I didn't notice there were issues with ACC so far as I'm the Kimi type and I typically reduce the volume and frequency of messages, I'm afraid to update CC now for losing ACC compatibility.
If you could keep it in (even with some bugs), that would be greatly appreciated. Maybe a simple disclaimer or calling it 'ACC Beta' in the list would be sufficient so people realize it's not really up to par with the other games you support.

In any case ACC is the hot game in town now, most people I know are playing it so having ACC support present in CC will do more good than harm IMO.

Cheers!

Syver
14-03-2020, 10:10
+1 to keep acc support

donn
14-03-2020, 23:15
i understand the frustration of your app not working as it should do, due to problem caused by the game, but i'd like to keep the app working in acc, even if that mean no updates

goon
27-03-2020, 18:34
Hi Jim,
Could I also respectfully ask that you keep ACC support? Even with limited compatability it's essential for immersion. Maybe bury in the options if you don't want it to mis-represent the quality of the app. (I realised I've had more than my money's worth out of my initial donation, so I'm going to send some. This is in no way to be considered a bribe ;) )

Cheers,
Gareth

mister dog
28-03-2020, 01:59
I think Jim already added a disclaimer when you download a CC update, saying optimizing on ACC discontinued and not to expect a flawless experience, and I would like to thank Jim for that and listening to our feedback, better have CC with some faults than no CC at all :)

Did
05-04-2020, 09:28

Hello Mr. Belowski
I beg you, do not delete ACC from your great application, we understood that the problem did not come from crew chief, but from memory processing by ACC, so I remain convinced that your application is just perfect.
But I also use it on a small scale on ACC and it suits me very well, so please stop development if you want but don't delete it completely.
thank you very much for your work.

ZulfoDK
10-04-2020, 15:10
Yeah, keep ACC in as it is for now - and don't give up getting in touch with Kunos!

For me CC is almost working perfectly, the only things I have spotted is issues with penalties (not getting cleared when served), and some times your placement in the grid.

zeroselect
21-04-2020, 23:57
Yes! Please keep Crew Chief working on ACC. It does enough for me that I still prefer using it over ACC Chief and Spotter.

Miki
24-04-2020, 16:20
Let me put it this way: To hear Jim say "Every apex is an exit" feels like home. Yes, It's a question of robbing my home from me!!! And Claire hasn't responded to any of my letters yet! >>sob<<
In a more serious manner: This sw is the next best thing after the Sims themselves Full stop I really, really do hope ACC and CC have a future.
Things are not looking good though: since ACC update 1.3.12 CC was not working at all during the CP race at Brands. I don't mean wrong sector times or funny stuff. There was no Info whatsoever. 'We haven't got that data', was all I could get out of Jim. And E-Championships are starting. CC is mandatory in Redline-Races for example....

TOCA2FREAK
24-04-2020, 18:21
Yeah I can confirm CC no longer works with ACC 1.3.12 :(

TOCA2FREAK
24-04-2020, 19:32
Just to let you know this tool here (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/page-10#post-3160612) also stopped working with latest ACC update. Guy who is working on that said there was an update to the Broadcast API and a rebuild of his software fixed it, however he is still testing.

TOCA2FREAK
24-04-2020, 20:43
Just to let you know this tool here (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/page-10#post-3160612) also stopped working with latest ACC update. Guy who is working on that said there was an update to the Broadcast API and a rebuild of his software fixed it, however he is still testing.

I can confirm he fixed his software with v1.3.12

Did
24-04-2020, 20:48
Today I am in mourning .... I am very sad, after the ridiculous update 1.3.12 released today, our beloved Crew Chief no longer works on ACC. :mad:
Please, I beg you, make it work again, it added so much realism ... :cry:

Did
24-04-2020, 20:52
I can confirm he fixed his software with v1.3.12

Please, how do you make it work again?

Schizzo v8
24-04-2020, 21:01
Io l,ho scaricato 2 giorni fa e ho solo testato sulla pista di Germania e funzionava perfettamente... tempi..benzina..distacchi corretti.. Oggi pomerggio a monza sembrava funzionare bene,ad un certo punto MUTO.... Stasera provato a Suzuka! Muto!! sono disperato.... :(:(

Shaunw60
24-04-2020, 22:06
Devastated to say the least. This software is amazing! I feel Kunos have a great product with ACC, but without CC I am lost. Wondering if there is a lower version of CC out there that still works? 4.9 perhaps - anyway know where download is?

Miki
24-04-2020, 22:11
@TOCA2FREAK What do you mean by "this tool here ... also topped working"? What am I missing?

dougduthie
24-04-2020, 22:22
I don't know if TOCAFREAK was referring to my tool (ACC Results Companion), but I had similar issues. It needed to be rebuilt against the updated ACC Broadcast DLL to get working again. Hopefully, it will be as simple for CC

mr_belowski
25-04-2020, 09:09
there's a beta CC release with the changes Kunos suggested to fix this API incompatibility. I've not tested it, use at your own risk, and it contains a bunch of other changes that haven't been sufficiently tested. It should work though:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4-4.11.1.0.msi

Schizzo v8
25-04-2020, 12:02
Grazie mille mr belowski... vado e provo.. : o

Did
25-04-2020, 13:03
100 000 Merci !!!
100 000 Thank you !!! ;)

Did
25-04-2020, 13:51
:( ne fonctionne pas chez moi .... :'( :'( :'(
does not work with me ... :'(

no data... no data for all orders :'(

mr_belowski
25-04-2020, 14:04
check it's version 4.11.1.1, I had to updated it. Download it again and reinstall it if you're on 4.11.1.0

Miki
25-04-2020, 15:41
Strange, I thought I already replied (maybe just can't see it?). Anyways: version 4.11.1.1 working. Did a deinstall first, runs flawless to this point. Awesome, thanks!!!

Did
25-04-2020, 17:10
yes yes yes yes yes :)
I am the happiest !!! thank you ! thank you so much !

Seblan
27-04-2020, 14:42
Thank again for getting CC running with ACC so smoothly. It’s a great add on, using it all the time now.

GoobMB
04-05-2020, 06:56
Guys, please, does it still work? I downloaded 4.11.1.1, tried probably everything and still cannot get the spotter working. I uninstalled everything, deleted profile for /myDocuments too etc., but there must probably something have been sitting in registry or elsewhere too because when I install the CC it remembers my "old" settings like my name, voices used etc.

Ainsworth
05-05-2020, 12:57
Works for me, apart from telling Jim to ‘fuel to the end’, he confirms the order then doesn’t bother fuelling.

mr_belowski
05-05-2020, 13:32
Pit macros aren't supported for acc

vFxMz
05-05-2020, 13:45
Beta still not working for me, rip

mr_belowski
05-05-2020, 15:37
the acc fixes are now in the main app so beta users will get an auto-update notification. If it's still not working and you need help, I'll need more details

vFxMz
05-05-2020, 16:03
the acc fixes are now in the main app so beta users will get an auto-update notification. If it's still not working and you need help, I'll need more details

So you mean in the 4.11.1.2 right?
Maybe the problem can be because i still need to do the last update on acc?

mr_belowski
05-05-2020, 16:28
You'll need the latest acc update to use cc 4.11.1.2. I thought steam forced you to update?

vFxMz
05-05-2020, 17:16
You'll need the latest acc update to use cc 4.11.1.2. I thought steam forced you to update?

Dunno why maybe because it was set to manual but shouldt run at this point, was doing a quick offline race, anyway i think that could be the problem, ill try to update the game then try again

Did
05-05-2020, 20:39
Hello Jim,
I received the popup of autoupdate, I launched the update, but I received this error message windows.
it is impossible to open this installation package. Check with your app dealer to see if this windows install package is valid
I'm on windows 10 pro. French version but with US English language pack.

thanks again to you for continuing ACC in Crew Chief, I used it this weekend during the 24h of Spa, it was great.

mr_belowski
05-05-2020, 21:10
try downloading from the link on this forum - you can just run the installer and it'll update the existing installation

Did
05-05-2020, 22:56
Sorry, I can only find v4-4.11.1 not 4.11.2, I'm probably not looking for the right place ... my English is very limited :( I am using Google Translate
I only know: keep me informed, gap in front what's my fuel use ...;)
more seriously I only find version 11.1 at the forum home310

mr_belowski
06-05-2020, 07:01
The version is 4.11.1.2, so that's probably correct

Did
06-05-2020, 09:06
ok apparently it works, thanks. sorry for my ignorance ... :o

MancSlo
29-07-2020, 17:11
I think there is no suport for corect to add fuel support.

BUCKE_
01-08-2020, 20:06
I agree with everyone else - we wish the CC could work with ACC, but I certainly understand that ACC has created a API that (apparently) isn't well-documented and is 'buggy'. Thanks for trying to get it work.

So, I have current version of ACC (v1.5.3) and current version of CC (v4.12.0.1). The standard install (no customization) doesn't appear to be working. I get 'radio check' from Jim, but that is all. I checked "broadcasting.json", and it is set with standard default settings. I checked with ksBroadcastingTestClient.exe to verify that it read the data (it works). CC will not work in SP practice or MP race.

...assuming it is (minimally) working for others, is there anything that I else I need to do? I haven't used CC, but after seeing other reviews, I can see where it would be *very* helpful! Thanks for anyone's assistance!

-Kevin