PDA

View Full Version : Spotter calls seem a bit delayed.

Osiris
10-07-2019, 22:47
First time I've used crew chief today, excellent stuff.

But, today another car was behind me in practice and made a move to the inside of me in a corner (road coarse), but I didn't get a spotter call until he was even with me at the apex.

Is there a way to adjust when the calls are made?, I would think the call would be when the other car's nose is just eclipsing my rear bumper. I'm in VR and I'm finding it hard to get a good mirror view with the reduces FOV and this would help greatly. I don't car about more spotter chatter if this causes such a thing.

The Iron Wolf
11-07-2019, 17:24
First time I've used crew chief today, excellent stuff.

But, today another car was behind me in practice and made a move to the inside of me in a corner (road coarse), but I didn't get a spotter call until he was even with me at the apex.

Is there a way to adjust when the calls are made?, I would think the call would be when the other car's nose is just eclipsing my rear bumper. I'm in VR and I'm finding it hard to get a good mirror view with the reduces FOV and this would help greatly. I don't car about more spotter chatter if this causes such a thing.
CC iRacing spotter relies on spotting data sent directly by the game, so there's not much what we can do for this specific game, because world positions are not exposed there. You could make spotter a bit more responsive by lowering "spotter update interval" value, but bear in mind that will increase the amount of CPU CC will use, and I am not sure you'll notice much difference in spotting.

James_e_Vining
29-07-2019, 09:56
If it uses the iRacing spotter info you can make the distance shorter ot farther for callls of say clear or not by adjusting this setting under SPCC in the App.ini file
carLowHiPadding=0.500000 ; How much clearance, front and back in meters, to give a car before reporting it as clear