PDA

View Full Version : CC doesn't understand me anymore

Jason Powell
22-06-2019, 17:37
CC use to understand everything I say perfect and performed flawlessly, it was amazing that it never ever misunderstood me! But for the past month or two, it can't understand hardly anything I say? I try to ask for "4 tires" on a pit stop and it either thinks I said "clear tires" or "add 4 Liters"! The list goies on, and it's so bad now that it's almost useless to even have anymore. Please help because this programs was unbelievably awesome before, but now it's just a headache that I'm really thinking twice about?

mr_belowski
22-06-2019, 17:40
We need to know the game you're using and the exact voice command you're making. The console output would help too. The speech recognition stuff hasn't really changed

Jason Powell
22-06-2019, 17:45
iRacing, I'm try to say 4 tires, left sides, rides sides, no fuel, what time is it. Not sure what console output means. anything else? I've tried to ask before about the person in front or behind me, like iRating or Safety Rating but it doesn't do anything(I thought I read where you could ask them questions, but it doesn't work for me).

James_e_Vining
25-08-2019, 10:23
Console output is the CC Box that shows all the Commands you give, track info, racers names and lap times etc.
if you say something a CC does not understand it will say unrecognized and I believe the confidence # of what was heard.
I was having a Issue asking for Pitstop RF RR and on one in about 5 it would recognise so I am sure it is my pronunciation

BTW you cannot say clear tires or 4 tires or add # fuel unless you say Pitstop first
Pitstop Clear tires, I have had some issues with the Irating and safety rating also, I asked once about Where is (Last Name) driver it said not enough info so I notice he was #10 so I asked where is #10 and it worked.
I talk really fast so I have learned to slow down What time is it, I especially have to say it slower and more pronounced then i do in real life.
Also to be sure it is working when using Push to talk et ask "Can You Hear Me" that will guarantee that the mic is working and CC is understanding you.
You say it says nothing I just realized? It does not say "I did not get that" or "your breaking up" or "Sorry try again"??
If not you need to figure out if your mapped button on push to talk is not set correctly or you are saying key word Chief or whatever you have set for that.
I use Push to talk as it is easier

James_e_Vining
25-08-2019, 10:27
On the same topic as it understanding is there anyway to train CC or the program it uses to understand you better?
I remember first time i used voice recognition in windows and I had to go through a process to train it to understand me

I imagine people say from the south or NE may have issues to with it not realizing what is said due to accent, I know I race against a lot of people from New Zealand and Australia and sometimes I cannot figure out what is being said.

mr_belowski
25-08-2019, 12:02
Not at the moment. The app uses Microsoft speech recognition that doesn't benefit from training. We intend to investigate using Windows speech recognition at some point, which does benefit from training

James_e_Vining
26-08-2019, 06:22
Ok no prob, Ill just keep trying and figure out how I pronounce things work and what doesn't and just remember that.
Even if it does not work 100% of time due to way I pronounce things it still is a huge asset. `

mr_belowski
26-08-2019, 09:57
I built a proof of concept for switching between the telephony recogniser (the one currently used, optimised for phone lines with poor sound quality and a wide range of pronunciation) and the windows recogniser (optimised for good sound quality with the option of training to an individual's voice). Code seems to work as intended so I'll do more tests and tidy it up a little, then put out a beta for feedback some time this week

James_e_Vining
26-08-2019, 10:27
Holy cow, You are like a super genius on this stuff huh?
Heck ya I'm all in let me know and ill download and test the heck out of it and send back whatever info you want.