PDA

View Full Version : Pit Stall Countdown Wrong in High Speed Pits

Bobby Childs Jr
18-06-2019, 15:49
As our league raced Daytona this week, I noticed Crew Chief was having difficulty talking me into my pit stall - which I believe is from the high pit road speed (55 mph). Is this an existing issue or possibly a new one? I have come to rely on the app talking me into my pit stall, so it was a little sketchy hearing "box in 5...2...box now" and I slid through my stall each time.

mr_belowski
19-06-2019, 12:42
it's actually caused by the track length and distance-round-lap data being based on the centre of the racing surface. This means the distance round track is inaccurate when you're a long way off the racing surface (i.e. in the pit lane). When your pit stall is before the start line it's usually OK. When the stall is a long distance after the start line it's also OK, but when the count down starts before you cross the line, and the stall is after the line, the count down doesn't work very well.

With our current approach, there's not much we can do to improve this. I'll take another look at the approach soon and see if we can use the world co-ordinates and velocity vector (2 dimensional data independent of where the racing surface is) instead of the speed and distance (1 dimensional data relative to the centre of the track)

Bobby Childs Jr
19-06-2019, 13:06
That works for me, just wanted to make sure you're aware. This app is gaining tons of traction among iRacing members and even streamers, so you're on the right track. Keep up the great work!