PDA

View Full Version : nAudio Crashing CC

KarlD
27-05-2019, 16:47
I've been using CC with iRacing with nAudio for playback enabled, and nAudio for recording disabled. A few days ago it started freezing whenever I would say the trigger word "Chief". I would hear the listening beep, but then CC would just become unresponsive. And I mean the app became totally unresponsive, no buttons worked, scrolling the console didn't work, nothing worked. I couldn't even exit the application, had to use task manager to kill it.

No changes were made to my CC config. No changes that I know of to my system. With nAudio disabled, it works fine, but then I cannot direct the audio to my stream which I would really, really like to keep. I did run a repair on the CC installation which did not help.

Any help appreciated as I am out of ideas.

Thanks,
Karl

mr_belowski
27-05-2019, 17:27
i've been able to get nAudio to misbehave when using the trigger word stuff, but not to the extent that it crashes the app. In my tests, the first time i say "chief..." after starting the app it hangs for exactly 30 seconds before becoming responsive again. Something's not working correctly in the nAudio pipeline - it's not sending the "playback stopped" event so the code is waiting for this notification and times-out after 30 seconds.

But it doesn't crash the app for me. Can you re-test and see if it comes back after 30 seconds?

KarlD
28-05-2019, 01:14
Yes, it does come back after 30 seconds or so, which I just found out testing for you. :P I always just panicked and restarted it before.

mr_belowski
28-05-2019, 05:49
Sounds like the same behaviour I'm seeing. For me, it works correctly after this initial 30s freeze. Still not sure what causes it but it should be possible to work around it - I'll include some changes in this week's update