PDA

View Full Version : Voice Recognition doesn't recognize installed MSSpeech files

Gtrshop
21-02-2019, 22:43
I was trying to set up the voice recognition feature of CC. When I press the HOLD option I was getting a message that a dependency wasn't installed. I've had voice recognition working on the PC for nearly 2 years with another App, so I know the required files are there, and it works just fine. Anywasy today tried to run that again, and of course was given the same message. I went ahead an installed the Speech Runtime files (even though they weren't needed) figuring that it might update a registry value or some other thing and it would work.

No Dice.

Now.... CC wants me to download the MMSpeech pack en-US_TELE.msi. That would be a 2nd speech pack, which I don't need (because I have one already -MS GB_HAzel). It's likely that if I were to install the TELE speech pack, that HAZEL would stop working ( I think she's union...LOL)

Anyways... is there some way I can tell CC that I HAVE a perfectly good Speech pack ,a dn get this feature going, without hozing all my other Voice Recognition stuff.

18:29:28.525 : Attempting to get recogniser for en-US
18:29:28.526 : Failed to get recogniser for en-US
18:29:28.526 : Attempting to get recogniser for en
18:58:45.615 : Unable to initialise speech engine with voice recognition pack for location en-US. Check MSSpeech_SR_en-US_TELE.msi is installed. It can be downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27224
18:58:45.616 : Attempted to initialise speech engine - success = False

Thanks for the read...
Steve

Gtrshop
22-02-2019, 16:13
OK, so a followup to my own post.

After weighing the options, I made a full backup of my entire C: drive so I could get back to a properly configured, properly working baseline should things go bad,

After installation of the MSSpeech_SR_en-US_TELE.msi CC voice recognition works as it should. Also, and more importantly, other Voice recognition apps also work in exactly the same fashion as they had previously. This was a surprise, a pleasant one.

So, I'm good.. exploring a whack of new options with CC...